PDA

View Full Version : Rufus. Hoping this is wrong......

The Consumate Showman
7/6/2006, 08:19 PM
Okay, don't freak out just yet, but there is someone on ouinsider posting that Rufus might have torn a pec muscle today in the weight room. This has NOT been confirmed by anyone official at ouinsider yet, James is off this week. I don't know who will look into this at ouinsider, but this is an early report from a reliable poster on the site. The guy posted that he hoped he was wrong as do I and the rest of the Sooner Nation......I wouldn't have posted this here if I thought it was a hoax so don't go crazy on me, just wait, it might not be that bad or, hope to God, true of Rufus. I will update if I hear anything new.

The Consumate Showman
7/6/2006, 08:49 PM
Wow, this is sad. 30 minutes have gone by and no one cares about Ru.

picasso
7/6/2006, 08:54 PM
umm we care but do you want us to say?

a torn pec is better than a torn quad. hows that?;)

OklahomaTuba
7/6/2006, 08:55 PM
I care, just hope its not true.

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/6/2006, 08:55 PM
Can the guy still play ?

picasso
7/6/2006, 08:56 PM
also, I'm still baffled how these guys are tearing muscles lifting weights. did Birdine tear his lifting or was it on the field?
I've been lifting for 15 years now. I can't see how it's possible if you do it properly.

Frozen Sooner
7/6/2006, 08:57 PM
Everyone cares about Ru.

Few care about unsubstantiated rumors on OUInsider. Past posts from credible posters there include that Rhett Bomar broke his clavicle on a slip 'n' slide and that AD Peterson was charged with selling coke.

Rule of thumb over there: I just don't believe it until someone on the staff confirms it. They DO get scooped from time to time, but the vast majority of rumors turn out to be crap.

The Consumate Showman
7/6/2006, 09:11 PM
It's sounding like this is not true. Yeah, I know about those other rumors and crap. Sorry 'bout that earlier miffakmcksdjti0weq..........

Rhino
7/6/2006, 09:33 PM
Rule of thumb over there: I just don't believe it until someone on the staff confirms it. They DO get scooped from time to time, but the vast majority of rumors turn out to be crap. Yep, for all we know, he strained a muscle in the weight room and scrunched his face in pain. Then, said observer said it was a torn pec.

XingTheRubicon
7/6/2006, 09:42 PM
Did Birdine have a torn pec or bicep last year?

colleyvillesooner
7/6/2006, 09:43 PM
Did Birdine have a torn pec or bicep last year?

Torn left bicep.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=2470&SPID=190&SPORT_TAB_SEL=02&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=11450&Q_SEASON=2006

uncle mo
7/6/2006, 09:52 PM
I just got off the phone with two players. One is the player who told me about the Ryan Reynolds injury. He said that it is a slight strain and that Rufus will be fine. The other is a linebacker and he didn't have much information. However, he did see Rufus walking to the training room today. He said that Rufus did not appear to be in any great pain.

SoonersEnFuego
7/6/2006, 09:53 PM
Rufus can play with one arm. He can even tackle like a mother with his head. Just ask the Tulsa Runningbacks.

goingoneight
7/6/2006, 09:59 PM
Yes, but a chest, arm or wrist injury can make a superstar look like a D-2 reject. I don't wanna see Rufus tackle like a torso-boy in 2006!!! Get well soon, RRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Ruuuuuufus
7/6/2006, 10:12 PM
I heard they think he just tweaked it a little. Hopefully "they" are correct.

picasso
7/6/2006, 10:14 PM
Torn left bicep.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=2470&SPID=190&SPORT_TAB_SEL=02&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=300&ATCLID=11450&Q_SEASON=2006
biceps. there's 2 of them.;)
and did he do it lifting? I honestly can't recall.

The Consumate Showman
7/6/2006, 10:17 PM
biceps. there's 2 of them.;)
and did he do it lifting? I honestly can't recall.

Picasso, I think you're right about Bird. Seems like I remember him tearing it in lifting...

The Consumate Showman
7/6/2006, 10:18 PM
Can anyone on here substaintiate this claim my bro-in-law made:

he told me that guys who tear thier pec muscles or biceps when lifting often times are juicing. I think he's full of shiat, but don't know for sure.

yermom
7/6/2006, 10:34 PM
Picasso, I think you're right about Bird. Seems like I remember him tearing it in lifting...

i thought it was a freak thing in practice.. or was that DD?

yermom
7/6/2006, 10:34 PM
what happened to Ryan Reynolds?

ultimatesooner1
7/6/2006, 11:00 PM
knee, I think

Sooner24
7/6/2006, 11:20 PM
I got a cramp in my foot one time while sleeping. I jumped out of bed and walked on it for a couple of minutes and it went away.

MiccoMacey
7/6/2006, 11:30 PM
i thought it was a freak thing in practice.. or was that DD?

True. Happened in practice.

Sooner24
7/6/2006, 11:48 PM
True. Happened in practice.

No, I was just in bed asleep. MY face had this kind of look on it. :eddie:

TheGodfather889
7/7/2006, 12:02 AM
I don't have much experience with torn pectoral muscles. But the only way I could think of tearing it would be if he put too much weight on when he was benching. If you do tear it you can be out for 6 months to a year.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/7/2006, 12:43 AM
Can anyone on here substaintiate this claim my bro-in-law made:

he told me that guys who tear thier pec muscles or biceps when lifting often times are juicing. I think he's full of shiat, but don't know for sure.

The Effect of Steroids
Tendon injury is more prevalent with anabolic steroid users than with non-steroid users. In most instances,
tendon collagen dysplasia (abnormal development of tissue), dissociation, and rupture are in direct proportion
to the magnitude of anabolic steroid administration. Although tensile strength of tendons can increase after
short-term use of anabolic steroids, long-term use decreases tendon elasticity and energy absorbing capacity,
as well as tensile strength. Similarly, it is probable that long-term use of the male hormone testosterone will
likewise decrease tensile strength of tendons.

http://www.coreconditioning.info/articles/documents/Tendon_Injuries.pdf

Collier11
7/7/2006, 12:59 AM
you guys are rediculous, rufus wasnt roiding and if he was he deserves what he got. THis shouldnt even be an issue, we know nothing so drop it

TheGodfather889
7/7/2006, 01:17 AM
Rufus hasn't been roiding recently he's got 2 kids.

Collier11
7/7/2006, 02:13 AM
Rufus hasn't been roiding recently he's got 2 kids.

???????????????????????

TheGodfather889
7/7/2006, 02:28 AM
He does. It's not like it's a big deal. I was just using it as a point since steroids make you sterile.

Frozen Sooner
7/7/2006, 04:22 AM
Rufus bruised his pectoral. Not a big deal.

Yes, steroids can make you more susceptible to muscle tears.

The Consumate Showman
7/7/2006, 07:48 AM
I wasn't trying to say that Rufus was roiding. Just a question about my bro-in-law talking about lifting because he has roided up before. I heard Deano last night say that the number of college players testing positive for roids dropped 45% from 2000 which is a good #.

Okay, another Q. Who was the last player we had that tested positive fro roids or would the public even know about it(does the NCAA keep that confidential?)?

mrowl
7/7/2006, 08:47 AM
I think we need a ouinsider.com rumors ban.

glad that crap doesn't happen over here.

colleyvillesooner
7/7/2006, 08:49 AM
I think we need a ouinsider.com rumors ban.

glad that crap doesn't happen over here.

Nah, we just say we saw it over there. That's much better. :D

C&CDean
7/7/2006, 08:53 AM
You guys really, REALLY must be bored this offseason.

JiuJitsuSooner
7/7/2006, 12:42 PM
i severely tore my pec lifting, it almost completly detatched ! this thread just brought me some serious flashbacks !!

fyi, i was not juicing, and never would. i only did one warm up set, then put too much weight on.

Snrfn4ever08
7/7/2006, 12:45 PM
i think i just sprained my pinky toe

Jason White's Third Knee
7/7/2006, 12:56 PM
knee, I think

Huh? Someone call me?

Oh, sterileroids will make you sterile after doing ungodly amounts for a really long time. They are hard on the connective tissues, but apparently there are ways around that too.

And as far as people saying that they get what they deserve.... I hate to tell you this, but nothing is fair. I don't think that less than 50% of players aren't on an illegal performance booster. Testing can't do it all. The cream and the clear was used for years before anyone caught on.

Human Growth Hormone, Insulin, and Insulin-like Growth Factor are all being used heavily and although they aren't steroids, they are just as anabolic.
My two favorite examples of HGH are the linebackers from tOSU, Bobby Carpenter and AJ Hawk.

http://www.bevosports.com/images/hawk_caveman.jpghttp://www.dispatch.com/2005/12/30/1230-carp-hawk-200.jpghttp://www.sunny95.com/images/D&S%20Stuff/OSU_1_BobbyC1.jpg

The jaws and foreheads on these guys don't appear stock to me. HGH has a few odd side effects and one of them is a big thick skull and jaw.

In a few years this will all be moot. We will have geneticly engineered athletes and the change will not only be imperceptible by testing, but far greater than steroids and these other drugs could have ever hoped for.

The winner will be the team with the best scientists.

TheGodfather889
7/7/2006, 02:33 PM
I really don't think I've seen an uglier guy than A.J.Hawk.

Collier11
7/7/2006, 02:52 PM
I really don't think I've seen an uglier guy than A.J.Hawk.

What about his girlfriend?? Thats an ugly dude :D

OUDoc
7/7/2006, 03:08 PM
I heard Dean tore his taint today in the weight room. I don't want to know what he was putting the weights on. :eek:

NormanPride
7/7/2006, 04:42 PM
I heard Dean tore his taint today in the weight room. I don't want to know what he was putting the weights on. :eek:

I think Stan's up to 180 now... Oh, wait... :eek:

melbitoast
7/7/2006, 06:37 PM

LMAO!!! That's the funniest thing I've heard all day!

RedstickSooner
7/7/2006, 09:01 PM
Huh? Someone call me?
I don't think that less than 50% of players aren't on an illegal performance booster.

I definitely don't think this isn't the unconfusingest post I've never read.

Just teasin' you a bit, JWTK :D

Jello Biafra
7/8/2006, 10:45 AM
He does. It's not like it's a big deal. I was just using it as a point since steroids make you sterile.

rofl

Scott D
7/8/2006, 11:02 AM
last player caught roiding was I believe Noah Allen last season at Sam Houston State.

BOOMERBRADLEY
7/8/2006, 11:11 AM
last player caught roiding was I believe Noah Allen last season at Sam Houston State.

I remember that

Collier11
7/8/2006, 11:13 AM

YIKES!!!! :eek:

Snrfn4ever08
7/8/2006, 11:19 AM
i would've thought that if he was 'roiding, he could've gone somewhere better than sam houston state:D

Scott D
7/8/2006, 03:21 PM
i would've thought that if he was 'roiding, he could've gone somewhere better than sam houston state:D

except he got thrown out of somewhere better than sam houston state ;)

Jason White's Third Knee
7/9/2006, 10:46 AM
I definitely don't think this isn't the unconfusingest post I've never read.

Just teasin' you a bit, JWTK :D

You should have been in my brain while I was writing it. I think I got a sprain.