PDA

View Full Version : So I got lucky twice over the past week.....

Stanley1
7/6/2006, 06:21 PM
No, not THAT kind of lucky.

Driving up to Tulsa last Friday, I crested a hill just south of Glenpool only to find two cops out in the middle of the road waving me and two other cars over. I was thinking "WTF", b/c my radar detector hadn't gone off, and I didn't remember passing anything looking remotely like a cop car at any point. I pull over an the officer comes up and says they are pulling me over b/c their plane caught me doing 76 in a 65 I believe. As soon as he said plane, I knew when it had "clocked" me, as my radar detector went off for one beep about 2 miles before they pulled me over. I was polite, and mumbled something about having my cruise set on 70, but okay. Got off with a warning.

Fast forward 7 days. I was on my way back to Dallas this afternoon, and had been following a bunch of cars that were driving slow in the passing lane, despite not having anybody in front of them. I had to follow them for about 10 miles, and when I finally got a chance to get around them, I did. But to get back into the "fast lane", I had to slide in between two cars that only had about 1.5-2 car links between them. So I did. About 15 seconds later, my radar detector starts going off like crazy. I'm looking around, and can't find this sumbitch anywhere. Finally, he is right there behind me, a navy blue Caprice with tented windows and no exterior markings. So I pull over on HW 75 around the George Bush exchange, and he comes up to my window. Says he pulled me over b/c I was going 5 over the speed limit, and following too closely. Wasn't really following too closely, but my lane change was a little close, I'll give him that. Nice guy, goes to the car with my license and insurance, comes back and lets me off with a warning.

I don't normally get warnings, let alone two in one week. Can't help but think this might have been God's little reward for me for my homosexual rant last week. That is all. :D

colleyvillesooner
7/6/2006, 07:03 PM
That is all. :D

Wanna bet?

slickdawg
7/6/2006, 07:06 PM
No, not THAT kind of lucky.

Driving up to Tulsa last Friday, I crested a hill just south of Glenpool only to find two cops out in the middle of the road waving me and two other cars over. I was thinking "WTF", b/c my radar detector hadn't gone off, and I didn't remember passing anything looking remotely like a cop car at any point. I pull over an the officer comes up and says they are pulling me over b/c their plane caught me doing 76 in a 65 I believe. As soon as he said plane, I knew when it had "clocked" me, as my radar detector went off for one beep about 2 miles before they pulled me over. I was polite, and mumbled something about having my cruise set on 70, but okay. Got off with a warning.

Fast forward 7 days. I was on my way back to Dallas this afternoon, and had been following a bunch of cars that were driving slow in the passing lane, despite not having anybody in front of them. I had to follow them for about 10 miles, and when I finally got a chance to get around them, I did. But to get back into the "fast lane", I had to slide in between two cars that only had about 1.5-2 car links between them. So I did. About 15 seconds later, my radar detector starts going off like crazy. I'm looking around, and can't find this sumbitch anywhere. Finally, he is right there behind me, a navy blue Caprice with tented windows and no exterior markings. So I pull over on HW 75 around the George Bush exchange, and he comes up to my window. Says he pulled me over b/c I was going 5 over the speed limit, and following too closely. Wasn't really following too closely, but my lane change was a little close, I'll give him that. Nice guy, goes to the car with my license and insurance, comes back and lets me off with a warning.

I don't normally get warnings, let alone two in one week. Can't help but think this might have been God's little reward for me for my homosexual behavior last week. That is all. :D

do what?

BajaOklahoma
7/6/2006, 07:13 PM
Couldn't have been a Plano cop - they don't give warnings.

Stanley1
7/6/2006, 07:22 PM
Couldn't have been a Plano cop - they don't give warnings.

Swear. When he said he was with the Plano PD, I thought for sure I was getting a ticket. Had something going for me.

afs
7/6/2006, 07:36 PM
Airplanes don't "clock" with radar. They use a stopwatch.

Mjcpr
7/6/2006, 07:41 PM
1TC did you get a warning?

:D

colleyvillesooner
7/6/2006, 09:39 PM
Swear. When he said he was with the Plano PD, I thought for sure I was getting a ticket. Had something going for me.

Yeah, you weren't Michael Irvin. :D

bigdsooner
7/6/2006, 09:46 PM
. Can't help but think this might have been God's little reward for me for my homosexual rant last week. That is all. :D

are...are you gay? ;)

neg away :)