PDA

View Full Version : Brian Shackelford

Rhino
7/6/2006, 03:01 PM
Geez.
Reds pitcher Brian Shackelford arrested (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-reds-shackelfordarrest&prov=ap&type=lgns)
By JOHN HARTZELL, Associated Press Writer
July 6, 2006

MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Cincinnati Reds pitcher Brian Shackelford (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7586/) was arrested early Thursday on suspicion of third-degree sexual assault.

The 29-year-old player was arrested shortly after midnight at Miller Park, where the Reds played the Milwaukee Brewers on Wednesday night, police spokeswoman Anne E. Schwartz said. She declined to provide details on the arrest other than to say it involved a woman Monday.

"It's an ongoing criminal investigation," she said.

Shackelford was being held Thursday at the Milwaukee County Jail, the sheriff's department said.

The Reds said they will not discuss the case because of pending legal proceedings.

"We recognize the seriousness of the matter and do not condone behavior of the type alleged," the team said. The Reds left Milwaukee after the game and play in Atlanta on Thursday night.

Third-degree sexual assault is a felony in Wisconsin, carrying a maximum penalty of five years in prison and $10,000 fine.

Assistant District Attorney Kenneth Berg was assigned the case and did not immediately return calls from The Associated Press.

Shackelford, a left-handed reliever, pitched to one batter in the bottom of the 12th inning Wednesday, striking out Prince Fielder.

1stTimeCaller
7/6/2006, 03:05 PM
damnit. That's too damned bad for him. I hope the allegations aren't true.

GDC
7/8/2006, 12:10 AM
Supposedly he fell asleep before anything ever actually happened and the bitch got ****ed off about it, he met her on the net for chrisssakes. I bet nothing comes of this.

Big Red Ron
7/8/2006, 02:29 PM
Too bad he isn't an African American NBA player.

stoops the eternal pimp
7/8/2006, 10:26 PM
This is the last think that family needs....his younger brother committed suicide a year or so ago and lost his mom not long before that to cancer...I know his dad isnt taking this too well

GrapevineSooner
7/19/2006, 02:44 PM
He's been exonerated (http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060719/SPT04/607190404/1071).

Shackelford released the following statement:

"Today I am grateful and relieved that this issue can finally be put behind me. I have said from the beginning that the claims made against me were absolutely false and I am pleased that the District Attorney's office in Milwaukee, after careful review, agrees that there is no merit to these allegations. I want to thank the District Attorney's office and my attorney for working so hard to resolve this case quickly. I want to apologize to the Cincinnati Reds organization for any negative publicity this may have caused. I hope that any damage to my reputation from this unfortunate incident will not be long lasting, and that I can continue to work hard to help the Cincinnati Reds long into the future."

Boomer.....
7/19/2006, 04:22 PM
Great news to hear!

Kels
7/19/2006, 09:51 PM
Innocent until proven guilty . . . always.

walkoffsooner
7/22/2006, 11:39 PM
Good news. is rare