PDA

View Full Version : For those familiar with Dallas....

SoonerAcesUp
7/6/2006, 02:19 PM
My fiance and I are going on our honeymoon next weekend and we are flying out of Dallas. We fly out Monday afternoon but we are planning on driving down Sunday and doing some shopping and staying Sunday night in Dallas. Anyone with suggestions of hotels near the airport and what is the best shopping mall in the Dallas area? Thanks!

JohnnyMack
7/6/2006, 02:20 PM
www.hotelzaza.com

YWIA

colleyvillesooner
7/6/2006, 02:22 PM
www.hotelzaza.com

YWIA

Really nice, but not really near the airport.

As far as "malls": http://www.galleriadallas.com/

If you wanted there is a Westin located at the Galleria:

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/search/hotel_detail.html?propertyID=1052

JohnnyMack
7/6/2006, 02:23 PM
Really nice, but not really near the airport.

Shut. It. Magellan.

:P

Jimminy Crimson
7/6/2006, 02:23 PM
http://www.northparkcenter.com/

Better than the Galleria. By far.

mdklatt
7/6/2006, 02:24 PM
My fiance and I are going on our honeymoon next weekend and we are flying out of Dallas. We fly out Monday afternoon but we are planning on driving down Sunday and doing some shopping and staying Sunday night in Dallas. Anyone with suggestions of hotels near the airport and what is the best shopping mall in the Dallas area? Thanks!

The Galleria in Dallas is the "destination" mall in Dallas/Fort Worth. Northeast Mall in Hurst is nice, and much closer to the airport. Grapevine Mills is just north of the airport. People think it's an outlet mall, but the prices are nothing to write home about.

EDIT: There's a huge Bass Pro Shop next to Grapevine Mills if that floats your boat.

jk the sooner fan
7/6/2006, 02:24 PM
there is no "best shopping mall" in dallas....they're all alike imo

grapevine mills is nearest D/FW but its more of an outlet mall

i'd stay somewhere off 635 in irving, its close enough to the airport and close enough to that galleria cvs mentioned

colleyvillesooner
7/6/2006, 02:25 PM
http://www.northparkcenter.com/

Better than the Galleria. By far.

Agreed, I just went with the big dog, mainly cause of the hotel there as well.

jk the sooner fan
7/6/2006, 02:26 PM
if you're on any sort of budget, shopping at the galleria is not the place to go, the stores are "high end" just like the prices.......its definitely swanky

JohnnyMack
7/6/2006, 02:26 PM
People who think there's no difference between shopping malls are the same people who keep White Zinfandel makers in business.

crawfish
7/6/2006, 02:32 PM
I'd suggest Grapevine-Mills. Stay at the Embassy Suites, it's connected to the Bass Pro Shops.

StoopTroup
DFW or Love Field?

SoonerAcesUp
Yeah, we're not Saks Fifth Avenue type of people. We're just looking for your regular-type of stores that we see here in Oklahoma like American Eagle and that sort of thing. We would also prefer a hotel where we could leave our car for the week. Asking for suggestions on the SO is much better than googling it. Thanks guys!

SoonerAcesUp
7/6/2006, 02:33 PM
DFW or Love Field?

DFW...We're going to Cabo San Lucas.

colleyvillesooner
7/6/2006, 02:34 PM
I'd suggest Grapevine-Mills. Stay at the Embassy Suites, it's connected to the Bass Pro Shops.

THat's probably the best bang for your buck idea.

Mjcpr
7/6/2006, 02:35 PM
I'd suggest Grapevine-Mills.

Don't they make cereal?

StoopTroup
Not bad...

I think I might even try that next time im down there.

Embassy is a little pricey though...

SoonerAcesUp
www.hotelzaza.com

YWIA

I'd love to stay here but I'd be one broke mofo. The trip to Cabo wasn't exactly cheap.

Jimminy Crimson
7/6/2006, 02:38 PM
I'd love to stay here but I'd be one broke mofo. The trip to Cabo wasn't exactly cheap.

Are you saying your wife isn't worth it? :eek: ;)

heh

StoopTroup
7/6/2006, 02:40 PM
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/dfwgp

SoonerAcesUp
7/6/2006, 02:41 PM
Are you saying your wife isn't worth it? :eek: ;)

heh

Oh yeah, she's worth a lot more than I've got that's the problem. Loans, anyone?

mdklatt
7/6/2006, 02:42 PM
We're just looking for your regular-type of stores that we see here in Oklahoma like American Eagle and that sort of thing.

Then why bother? It's just more crap to travel with.

But I'll say it again: Northeast Mall (http://www.simon.com/mall/mall_info.aspx?ID=220)

colleyvillesooner
7/6/2006, 02:44 PM

But I'll say it again: Northeast Mall (http://www.simon.com/mall/mall_info.aspx?ID=220)

We can all go and set up bleachers to watch them try and navigate outta there and get on the correct highway. I'll bring beer. :D

We'll make a pool. I get 820 South. :D

SoonerAcesUp
7/6/2006, 02:47 PM

The Boss says we need new clothes for the trip. I just need my Sooner shirts and I'm good to go.

mdklatt
7/6/2006, 02:48 PM
The Boss says we need new clothes for the trip. I just need my Sooner shirts and I'm good to go.

Buy before you go?

jk the sooner fan
7/6/2006, 02:50 PM
in dallas there are a number of malls all over the metroplex, they're all pretty much alike.....sure there are some that are prettier than others, but when you're standing at the cash register at dillards or foleys, it doesnt much matter what side of town you're on

SoonerAcesUp
7/6/2006, 02:54 PM
in dallas there are a number of malls all over the metroplex, they're all pretty much alike.....sure there are some that are prettier than others, but when you're standing at the cash register at dillards or foleys, it doesnt much matter what side of town you're on

ok, I was just curious if there were any places not to go or if there was one place to go where we could just do everything (hotel, mall, airport, eats)....

jk the sooner fan
7/6/2006, 02:58 PM
if you're truly NOT picky.....hell you could easily stop at vista ridge mall in lewisville right off i-35, then take the george bush extension to 635 towards the hotel and airport

its right off the interstate, has a ton of restaurants, shops, strip malls..etc etc

crawfish
7/6/2006, 02:59 PM
ok, I was just curious if there were any places not to go or if there was one place to go where we could just do everything (hotel, mall, airport, eats)....

:les: GRAPEVINE-MILLS!!!

StoopTroup
7/6/2006, 03:02 PM
Oh yeah, she's worth a lot more than I've got that's the problem. Loans, anyone?
You have to be a sponsor to be OKd for a loan...

Once you've paid up...just email Dean or Beano with your SSN. ;)

BajaOklahoma
7/6/2006, 03:10 PM
And I would park at the north lot for the airport.
We've left our car at a hotel before and it is just a hassle getting the shuttle to the airport and back to the hotel. They don't run as often as the ones to the airport parking lots.

Malls -
Vista Ridge is in Lewisville. 35 is a parking lot and the stores are fine, nothing special.
Galleria - high end mall.
Stonebriar in Frisco - al little more trouble to get to, but they also have IKEA on the outer ring. Everyone should do IKEA once.
North Park - on 75, closer to Love Field, but it has/is going through a revitalization. My adult nieces and nephews love it.

jk the sooner fan
7/6/2006, 03:14 PM
People who think there's no difference between shopping malls are the same people who keep White Zinfandel makers in business.

if you're a male, and you're breaking down the major differences between shopping malls

then i'd suggest you might have orientation issues

Jimminy Crimson
7/6/2006, 03:16 PM

See Bruce. :texan:

YWIA!

crawfish
7/6/2006, 03:35 PM
if you're a male, and you're breaking down the major differences between shopping malls

Berenger's is SOOO much better than Sutter Home, btw.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
7/6/2006, 03:43 PM
I'm curious why you picked CABO in JULY, fergodssake. Might as well go to Bullhead City or Death Valley(or Phoenix).

SoonerAcesUp
7/6/2006, 03:50 PM
I'm curious why you picked CABO in JULY, fergodssake. Might as well go to Bullhead City or Death Valley(or Phoenix).

The heat doesn't bother us at all. Last year we played golf in Myrtle Beach with the heat index at around 120.

Skysooner
7/6/2006, 03:51 PM
If you want a really nice hotel near the airport, try the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine.

Cabo in July is no big deal. The desert atmosphere makes it pretty nice. In Mexico it is always hot. It only matters if it is rainy season or not and on that coast you only really get afternoon rain anyway.

colleyvillesooner
7/6/2006, 03:58 PM
If you want a really nice hotel near the airport, try the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine.

Cabo in July is no big deal. The desert atmosphere makes it pretty nice. In Mexico it is always hot. It only matters if it is rainy season or not and on that coast you only really get afternoon rain anyway.

That's what I'm hoping, cause I'm going in August. :D

Skysooner
7/6/2006, 04:00 PM
July, August....no matter unless you are on the Gulf Coast and then watch out for hurricanes.

mdklatt
7/6/2006, 04:01 PM
July, August....no matter unless you are on the Gulf Coast and then watch out for hurricanes.

Baja gets hurricanes too. :texan:

SoonerAcesUp
7/6/2006, 04:10 PM
Baja gets hurricanes too. :texan:

Very few...

sooneron
7/6/2006, 04:12 PM
Is the Melrose still open? Good times OU/ut weekends!!!

C&CDean
7/6/2006, 04:17 PM
You're gonna go shopping with the old lady on your honeymoon? Dude, you're doomed. Now if you're gonna drop her off at some mall, and then go to the bar and drink shots, and then pick her up later after she buys a bunch of crotchless stuff from Vickie's joint in the mall, then you're gonna take back to the hotel for some big daddy time, then OK.

Oh yeah, have fun in Cabo. I haven't been there in 15 years, but it used to be a lot of fun.

SoonerAcesUp
7/6/2006, 04:34 PM
You're gonna go shopping with the old lady on your honeymoon? Dude, you're doomed. Now if you're gonna drop her off at some mall, and then go to the bar and drink shots, and then pick her up later after she buys a bunch of crotchless stuff from Vickie's joint in the mall, then you're gonna take back to the hotel for some big daddy time, then OK.

Oh yeah, have fun in Cabo. I haven't been there in 15 years, but it used to be a lot of fun.

That's just more big daddy time for me.

ChickSoonerFan
7/6/2006, 05:15 PM
Congrats on the wedding and have fun on your honeymoon!

Shopping is shopping...take her to any mall...she will find what she wants where ever she is...it is a natural talent in us women.

JohnnyMack
7/6/2006, 05:20 PM

If you're not smart enough to tell the difference between NorthPark and Vista Ridge then yeah, I'd have to say you're pretty dumb. That's like saying there's no difference between going to an OU football game in Norman and going to a home game at East Carolina. Ya know what, Philbrook is a museum, so is the Louvre, so they must be the same! :rolleyes:

mdklatt
7/6/2006, 05:32 PM
Ya know what, Philbrook is a museum, so is the Louvre, so they must be the same!

Let's not start that "Tulsa is so awesome" **** again.

:D

jk the sooner fan
7/6/2006, 06:12 PM
If you're not smart enough to tell the difference between NorthPark and Vista Ridge then yeah, I'd have to say you're pretty dumb. That's like saying there's no difference between going to an OU football game in Norman and going to a home game at East Carolina. Ya know what, Philbrook is a museum, so is the Louvre, so they must be the same! :rolleyes:

oh geez, i've been smacked down for good, i just dont know the difference between northpark and vista ridge.......whatever shall i do

Stanley1
7/6/2006, 06:22 PM
Let's not start that "Tulsa is so awesome" **** again.

:D

Well.....it IS! :D

mrowl
7/6/2006, 06:44 PM
Woohoo! The sea-hag is not going to run for Mayor again!

(which means that someone worse is probably coming along)

http://www.bobanddan.com/images/fanSubmitted/dumbbitch.jpg

PhilTLL
7/7/2006, 02:03 AM
Well.....it IS! :D

Tulsa certainly outstrips Oklahoma City in one department, the police...because Tulsa's is busy as hell.

And...fire away!

Sooner24
7/22/2006, 11:16 PM
So how was the trip to Cabo San Lucas?

Also where did you end up staying?

walkoffsooner
7/22/2006, 11:25 PM
Hold off for the mile high club.:cool:

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/23/2006, 12:19 AM
The Hotel ZaZa is evil when it comes to the checking account, however, as a single guy with a g'f...yeah if you are in a little trouble and you aren't getting loving...yeah that is the place to take her!!