PDA

View Full Version : Hey Olvetonahill!

Okla-homey
7/6/2006, 10:39 AM
The country act "Big and Rich" have a record out about the 173d Airborne in Vietnam. You should try to hear it. It made me proud and sad at the same time.

Deployed to Vietnam in May 1965, the brigade was the first major ground combat unit of the Army to serve there. The brigade was the first to go into War Zone D to destroy enemy base camps and introduced the use of small long range patrols. On 8 November, 1965, the 173rd took part in Operation Hump. They were ambushed by approximately 1,200 Viet Cong, resulting in the deaths of 48 men of the 173rd.

The song is about that ambush.

Rhino
7/6/2006, 11:11 AM
I thought Big & Rich only wrote horrible, horrible songs about horrible, horrible country music cliches.

1stTimeCaller
7/6/2006, 12:11 PM
someone at Warner Brothers must have forced them to record someone else's song.

*edit* holy crap, those clowns actually wrote it.

olevetonahill
7/7/2006, 01:52 AM
The country act "Big and Rich" have a record out about the 173d Airborne in Vietnam. You should try to hear it. It made me proud and sad at the same time.

Deployed to Vietnam in May 1965, the brigade was the first major ground combat unit of the Army to serve there. The brigade was the first to go into War Zone D to destroy enemy base camps and introduced the use of small long range patrols. On 8 November, 1965, the 173rd took part in Operation Hump. They were ambushed by approximately 1,200 Viet Cong, resulting in the deaths of 48 men of the 173rd.

The song is about that ambush.

Thanks for the Info Ill try
I was 203rd recon