PDA

View Full Version : New weird Norman resident

Norm In Norman
7/6/2006, 07:48 AM
About a month ago we were leaving Tarahumara and I got stuck behind a dude pedaling a three wheeled bike down the middle of the street that is completely covered in red white and blue stuff and had american flags attached to it all over. I call him "Crazy American Guy." At first I thought maybe he was the same dude that used to drive a white trike around town (I've even seen him driving down the i-35 service road in moore) while pulling a little trailer and wearing a white helmet AND honking his horn, but I'm pretty sure crazy american guy is way older than crazy trike guy.

So we've got:

Calvin
Man of Many Hats
Crazy Black Lady
Crazy American Guy
Crazy Trike Guy

I know I've left someone off the list. Honestly, since I'm not around campus so much I don't see any of these people very often any more.

C&CDean
7/6/2006, 08:04 AM
You forgot:

**** luck guy

picasso
7/6/2006, 08:05 AM
dearest Norm, that fella is my Uncle Sam.

Norm In Norman
7/6/2006, 08:08 AM
You forgot:

**** luck guy
Speaking of Mexican food, we ate at Los Dos Amigos a week ago and it was the worst damn food I think I've ever had a mexican food joint. It was even worse than Chelinos on Alameda, which is really saying something.

Norm In Norman
7/6/2006, 08:09 AM
dearest Norm, that fella is my Uncle Sam.
Crazy Uncle Sam Guy? I'll take that into consideration.

RacerX
7/6/2006, 08:11 AM
Back in the day there was "glove man"

C&CDean
7/6/2006, 08:12 AM
Speaking of Mexican food, we ate at Los Dos Amigos a week ago and it was the worst damn food I think I've ever had a mexican food joint. It was even worse than Chelinos on Alameda, which is really saying something.

I ate at Chelino's on Alameda yesterday - and it was damn fine scarfage.

Los Dos Amigos is pretty much meh though.

And you must have some seriously ****ed up taste buds or just regularly order **** on a plate or something, cause for tex mex, Chelino's is pretty damned good.

Of course if you're like all the other ****in' hillbillies who judge a messican joint on the fakey cheese sauce or chips then you should probably just stick to Swanson Hungry Man Messican TV Dinners.

Norm In Norman
7/6/2006, 08:18 AM
Besides the fact that cheese and chips are about the easiest things to make so it should be impossible for them to **** those up (and they do), Chelino's can't even get their enchiladas right. I've tried about 4 or 5 things there and it's never horrible, but there is never really much flavor.

sooner_born_1960
7/6/2006, 08:19 AM
Of course if you're like all the other ****in' hillbillies who judge a messican joint on the fakey cheese sauce or ...
That's queso, you culinary philistine.

C&CDean
7/6/2006, 08:21 AM

No, "queso" means "cheese" in espanol. And that plasticized chemical by-product they serve doesn't even have cheese as one of the ingredients.

Go to a real Mexican restaraunt (tex-mex is American food, not Mexican) and try and order "queso." They'll look at you like you're weird, and if you insist, they'll bring you a hunk of cheese. Probably asadero.

C&CDean
7/6/2006, 08:25 AM
Besides the fact that cheese and chips are about the easiest things to make so it should be impossible for them to **** those up (and they do), Chelino's can't even get their enchiladas right. I've tried about 4 or 5 things there and it's never horrible, but there is never really much flavor.

Enchiladas? Well no wonder. Tex mex enchiladas are covered in some fakey sour cream "sauce" (personally, I think it's a little Jose' spunk) or that nasty-assed canned Hormel chili (you do NOT pour chili all over your ****ing enchiladas people). Then they make them with cheddar or some other American cheese. And they use those store bought corn tortillas that are cut out of old pizza boxes.

Go to Chelino's, and order a plate with carne asada tacos. Or even a beef or chicken chimichanga. Or flautas. Their beans are actually REAL refried beans (as opposed to those beans from a can that most joints serve) and then ask for some "Armando's sauce" and some fried jalapenos. Greatness.

Norm In Norman
7/6/2006, 08:32 AM
I've ordered their beef chimichanga and it's about 10% as good as Tarahumara's. Chelino's refried beans taste like boiled cardboard. If they knew how to make good tasting pinto beans in the first place maybe their refried beans would taste better. Next time you go there, ask the manager if he can cook his beans with jalapenos, garlic, and salt pork THEN make the refried beans. Maybe then they would have some flavor.

crawfish
7/6/2006, 08:35 AM
No, "queso" means "cheese" in espanol. And that plasticized chemical by-product they serve doesn't even have cheese as one of the ingredients.

Go to a real Mexican restaraunt (tex-mex is American food, not Mexican) and try and order "queso." They'll look at you like you're weird, and if you insist, they'll bring you a hunk of cheese. Probably asadero.

Try "chile con queso" for better results. :)

crawfish
7/6/2006, 08:36 AM
Go to Chelino's, and order a plate with carne asada tacos. Or even a beef or chicken chimichanga. Or flautas. Their beans are actually REAL refried beans (as opposed to those beans from a can that most joints serve) and then ask for some "Armando's sauce" and some fried jalapenos. Greatness.

Single most disturbing post of the day.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/6/2006, 08:44 AM
Enchiladas? Well no wonder. Tex mex enchiladas are covered in some fakey sour cream "sauce" (personally, I think it's a little Jose' spunk) or that nasty-assed canned Hormel chili (you do NOT pour chili all over your ****ing enchiladas people). Then they make them with cheddar or some other American cheese. And they use those store bought corn tortillas that are cut out of old pizza boxes.

Go to Chelino's, and order a plate with carne asada tacos. Or even a beef or chicken chimichanga. Or flautas. Their beans are actually REAL refried beans (as opposed to those beans from a can that most joints serve) and then ask for some "Armando's sauce" and some fried jalapenos. Greatness.Their Carne Asada Tacos RMFO. I order the Don Rogelio Especial and have leftovers the next day.

Norm In Norman
7/6/2006, 08:56 AM
Too bad Tacos San Pedro isn't as good as it used to be. I'd put their tacos up against anything Chelinos can spew out. Their red chile pork tacos were to die for. They were spicy as hell and had quite a bit of fresh cilantro in them and - well, they were just good. I don't think you can even get hard shells there, just two corn tortillias wrapped around a ****load of meat.

Ever since they opened a second store though, they just aren't the same.

Taxman71
7/6/2006, 09:13 AM
If you are in Norman, there is no reason to eat Tex-Mex anywhere but Tarahumara's. If you dislike the food at Chelino's on Alameda, stay away from the one in bricktown as their service (if you get one of the senoritas) is worse than the food could ever be. For Chelino's, go to the one on south Robinson or Walker and order the crazy man's platter. YWIA.

Oh, and Norm omitted the Crazy Asian Guy who crosses I-35 at Main St. wearing about 8 heavy black coats during 105 degree weather.

Scott D
7/6/2006, 09:16 AM
norm you forgot to put doleo on that list.

1stTimeCaller
7/6/2006, 09:19 AM
Calvin

Partial Qualifier
7/6/2006, 09:23 AM
:O oops.. wrong thread

what about Crazy Old Loud Homeless Lady who stalks the Norman High area?

I think I've seen Mr. American Uncle Sam Guy.

C&CDean
7/6/2006, 09:27 AM
I've ordered their beef chimichanga and it's about 10% as good as Tarahumara's. Chelino's refried beans taste like boiled cardboard. If they knew how to make good tasting pinto beans in the first place maybe their refried beans would taste better. Next time you go there, ask the manager if he can cook his beans with jalapenos, garlic, and salt pork THEN make the refried beans. Maybe then they would have some flavor.

-sigh- Norm, Norm, Norm.........

salt pork? garlic? jalapenos? In refried beans?

Somewhere some veija abuela muerta is rolling over in her grave. I simply rest my case. You want the messican food you know - **** that tastes like Swansons - and that's OK. That's why Taco Hell, On the Border, etc. are still in business. There's a whole country full of uncultured slobs who think Chi Chi's = mexican food.

Partial Qualifier
7/6/2006, 09:27 AM
While we're on the subject of Norman tex-mex.. does anyone have an opinion of Border Crossing on main?

I know someone who swears it's really good but every time I drive by there, it's dead. Doesn't add up.

C&CDean
7/6/2006, 09:28 AM
While we're on the subject of Norman tex-mex.. does anyone have an opinion of Border Crossing on main?

I know someone who swears it's really good but every time I drive by there, it's dead. Doesn't add up.

You only go to BC for margaritas. The food blows.

GottaHavePride
7/6/2006, 09:29 AM
I like Pepe Delgado's. When they do their 1/4 of a roasted chicken special, or the red snapper special? Mmmmmmmm.

Partial Qualifier
7/6/2006, 09:29 AM
okay, thx

C&CDean
7/6/2006, 09:34 AM
When OU plays in the Fiesta Bowl this year I'm gonna take whatever hillbillies wanna go down south about 100 miles and show you what real mexican food is. Machaca or chorizo & eggs for breakfast, carne seca for lunch, chile verde y chile colorado for dinner. Flour tortillas the size of pizza pans - so thin you can see through them. Real mexican cheeses.

Of course Norm would be "hey, this food sucks. Do they have a Taco Bueno somewhere around?"

Partial Qualifier
7/6/2006, 09:37 AM
FYI Norm, Dean is all up in yo' grill.

King Crimson
7/6/2006, 09:38 AM
i agree with Dean and SBSB about the carne asada/tacos al carbon at Chelino's on Alameda. they are always very good and the steak tasty and tender. and the pico fresh.

C&CDean
7/6/2006, 09:42 AM
FYI Norm, Dean is all up in yo' grill.

Damn right I am. I mean here's a guy who is world-reknown for carrying a big, dark cloud over his head. A guy who wouldn't know streudel from shinola, a guy who thinks a manwich is really something you should eat - and he's gonna tell me about what Mexican food is good or not? I don't think so.

King Crimson
7/6/2006, 09:54 AM
there used to be a woman who lived on Timberdell who had purple hair and held these alien/ufo landing pad ceremonies in her yard when i was a kid. she was really odd, that woman.

gloveman died in about 1995, I think. there was also a guy who rode around on a bike collecting cans and bottles with a pipe and dressed like he stepped out of a nautically themed Old Spice commercial. my sister used to call him Franco.

Norm In Norman
7/6/2006, 10:01 AM
-sigh- Norm, Norm, Norm.........

salt pork? garlic? jalapenos? In refried beans?

Somewhere some veija abuela muerta is rolling over in her grave. I simply rest my case. You want the messican food you know - **** that tastes like Swansons - and that's OK. That's why Taco Hell, On the Border, etc. are still in business. There's a whole country full of uncultured slobs who think Chi Chi's = mexican food.
See, we are talking about flavor here Dean. You might think water has plenty of flavor for beans, and Swanson's might agree with you, but I don't. The whole point of refried beans is "what the hell do I do with these leftover pinto beans?" So if your beans taste like **** then how are your refried beans supposed to magically taste good? Make a good pot of beans with a lot of good flavor and then your refried beans will taste a ton better than Chelino's fried bean-water.

And I seem to recall you lamenting over the loss of Taco Bell's combination burrito or something, so don't lecture me over fast mexican food. I don't eat that crap unless I have to.

Oh, and I agree GHP. Pepe's is good. I love that crazy burrito.

C&CDean
7/6/2006, 10:06 AM
See, we are talking about flavor here Dean. You might think water has plenty of flavor for beans, and Swanson's might agree with you, but I don't. The whole point of refried beans is "what the hell do I do with these leftover pinto beans?" So if your beans taste like **** then how are your refried beans supposed to magically taste good? Make a good pot of beans with a lot of good flavor and then your refried beans will taste a ton better than Chelino's fried bean-water.

And I seem to recall you lamenting over the loss of Taco Bell's combination burrito or something, so don't lecture me over fast mexican food. I don't eat that crap unless I have to.

Oh, and I agree GHP. Pepe's is good. I love that crazy burrito.

Look up a recipe for refried beans. Water, lard, beans and salt. If you want flavored up fancy boy beans, then don't try and call them refrieds. We're talking about messican food here Norm.

And I don't recall lamenting over anything "lost" at Taco Hell. We all eat that **** when we're in a fix. But we can't call it "mexican food."

And don't get me started on Pepe's. Or Chipotles. Sure there's lots of stuff that tastes good, and I don't mind eating at either place, but it's not mexican.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/6/2006, 10:10 AM

I know someone who swears it's really good but every time I drive by there, it's dead. Doesn't add up.Nas. Tee.

Mjcpr
7/6/2006, 10:12 AM
:les:MOD FIGHT!!

1stTimeCaller
7/6/2006, 10:13 AM
You folks are getting way to tied up in naming the style of food that you are eating. Pepe Delgado's is great food. Border Crossing is terrible dog food.

Maybe some of these places don't make true messican food but they make very good food.

RacerX
7/6/2006, 10:13 AM
Who really cares if it's authentic? Eat what you like.

Restaurant threads are such a waste of time.

King Crimson
7/6/2006, 10:14 AM
Border Crossing earned it's "rep" in the late 70's and early 80's....when it was about the only non-mall mexican joint in Norman. it's been lousy for 20 years at least.

Norm In Norman
7/6/2006, 10:30 AM
Look up a recipe for refried beans. Water, lard, beans and salt. If you want flavored up fancy boy beans, then don't try and call them refrieds. We're talking about messican food here Norm.
All of the recipes i could find (that are in spanish) use onion, garlic, oil/lard, and cooked beans. A lot of them also have something called mexican sauce, which could be something else that got translated incorrectly.

GottaHavePride
7/6/2006, 10:30 AM
I would go to On The Border before I went to the Border Crossing.

Norm In Norman
7/6/2006, 10:32 AM
I would go to On The Border before I went to the Border Crossing.
Holy **** man, that's serious because OTB is horrible. I've been there 3 or 4 times and each time someone I was with got sick. I don't go there any more because I am probably next.

Petro-Sooner
7/6/2006, 10:38 AM
Whats the messican place next to chilis that went out of business? Now that was THE best messican you could find.

:rolleyes:

:D

GottaHavePride
7/6/2006, 10:40 AM
Holy **** man, that's serious because OTB is horrible. I've been there 3 or 4 times and each time someone I was with got sick. I don't go there any more because I am probably next.

Holy crap. I don't think I've ever known anyone else to get sick at an OTB. I always thought OTB was pretty decent, in an Americanized-Tex-Mex-crap-food sort of way. ;)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/6/2006, 10:41 AM
Whats the messican place next to chilis that went out of business? Now that was THE best messican you could find.

:rolleyes:

:DYou don't get out much. Someone needs to take you to Tarahumaras

Petro-Sooner
7/6/2006, 10:43 AM
notice the rolleyes face.

Tarahumaras is ok.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/6/2006, 10:44 AM
notice the rolleyes face.

Tarahumaras is ok.Sorry, I missed it.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/6/2006, 10:48 AM
Oh and for those of you who don't like Chelino's, the best ones really are the original two located on SW 36th and Walker and SW 36th and Robinson. I hate the Bricktown one.

And for those of you who love Ted's, guess where I'm going today. Ha ha. I don't even have to wait in line for their delicious tortillas (the best thing they have).

GottaHavePride
7/6/2006, 10:51 AM
Did I mention I figured out how to make my own tortillas? It takes about 30 minutes and is nearly foolproof.

C&CDean
7/6/2006, 10:55 AM
Who really cares if it's authentic? Eat what you like.

Restaurant threads are such a waste of time.

Then WTF are you doing posting in them? And it's really not a restaurant thread. It's a Weirdo Norm in Norman thread.

C&CDean
7/6/2006, 10:56 AM

So, we finally agree on something. Saints be praised.

Norm In Norman
7/6/2006, 11:00 AM
Did I mention I figured out how to make my own tortillas? It takes about 30 minutes and is nearly foolproof.
OK, spill it then. I've tried once long ago and it didn't work out. Of course, I didn't know such a thing as a tortillia press existed at the time.

walkoffsooner
7/6/2006, 11:01 AM
i got a recipe from a wet guy. Taste great but mine look like footballs.

King Crimson
7/6/2006, 11:02 AM

you did mention it. in your baking thread, ;)

did you get one of those metal presses you see at the Mexican groceries?

you should get some masa and see if you can make white corn ones.....in Guatemala and Costa Rica you get handmade corn tortillas pretty much everywhere and they rock.

C&CDean
7/6/2006, 11:05 AM
****ing hillbillies!!! For the love of Judas H. Priest in a ****ing gordita people - tortillas are NOT made by a machine. They are hand-rolled by little fat messican ladies, then cooked on a steel surface over coals.

And you guys wonder why you got no messican food cred.

Boarder
7/6/2006, 11:15 AM
Calm down Chili Colorado, a tortilla press is not a machine, it's just a squasher so you can get it to the coals. Perfectly acceptable.

To call Border Crossing the worst mexican food place in Norman would be giving it too much of a faint praise. How it stays in business is beyond me.

There used to be a wierd smoking guy who hung out at the Waffle Houses. He'd be filling a pipe as he smoked a cigarette and lit a cigar. He had a very strange look about him, kind of like Dale from King Of The Hill.

There's also Mr I put a ton of OU stickers and flags on my white Cadillac/Lincoln/whatever car who goes to OU right now.

C&CDean
7/6/2006, 11:19 AM
There's also this freakazoid who drives a Hummer with blings, wears his hat backwards, and still thinks he's a skater dude.......

Boarder
7/6/2006, 11:21 AM
What a freak that guy must be.

C&CDean
7/6/2006, 11:23 AM
A freak's freak.

Boarder
7/6/2006, 11:25 AM
See how rude people get when they go to the Northeast and Chicago all the time.

btw, I don't want to give Dean the big head or anything, but per his recommendation, I've been trying Chili Colorado at different places. Tarahumara's is good. Until you have some really good, that is. The stuff I had in Pagosa Springs blew it away. I wish I could have brought back a couple of gallons.

King Crimson
7/6/2006, 11:29 AM
See how rude people get when they go to the Northeast and Chicago all the time.

btw, I don't want to give Dean the big head or anything, but per his recommendation, I've been trying Chili Colorado at different places. Tarahumara's is good. Until you have some really good, that is. The stuff I had in Pagosa Springs blew it away. I wish I could have brought back a couple of gallons.

there are some places you can good good Chile Colorado in Southern Colorado and towns like Brighton up northeast of Denver that have a history of large migrant worker populations.

at some places it's yer run of the mill red chile powder, ground beef, excuse to have it on the menu.

C&CDean
7/6/2006, 11:32 AM
Of course chile colorado or verde never comes with "ground" beef. And chile verde should be pork.

There's a little place in Tucson called La Suprema that makes a combo burro with red and green chile. Killer.

MamaMia
7/6/2006, 11:36 AM
My husband loves Mexican food so we have been to thousands of Mexican restaurants. I'm not good at recommending Mexican restaurants however, because all the Mexican names get jumbled in my brain and I get them all confused. The names never go with the addresses. :O

My favorite in Oklahoma is that place in Bricktown that has the high porch steps.

SoonerInKCMO
7/6/2006, 11:43 AM
Abuelo's.

YWIA.

GottaHavePride
7/6/2006, 11:56 AM
OK, spill it then. I've tried once long ago and it didn't work out. Of course, I didn't know such a thing as a tortillia press existed at the time.
Here's the recipe I used - worked great. Shoud make about a dozen. Supposedly they freeze well so you can make them ahead of time - I did not run into this problem.

2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking powder

Mix all that together in a bowl. Then add

1/3 cup shortening (or lard if you're trying to be all authentic)

It says to mix the shortening in by hand, but I found one of those pastry blender gadgets worked great.

Then mix in 2/3 cup HOT water.

Knead that for a couple of minutes, then cover it and let it sit for about 20 minutes - plenty of time to start making whatever you're having with the tortillas.

Heat up a large skillet or griddle (I used my cast-iron skillet) NO OIL!

Then take a piece of dough the size of a golfball and roll it out as thin as you want - about 1/8 inch worked pretty well for me. Pick it up and put it on the hot griddle, 30-45 seconds per side. Squish it back down if it tries to puff up.

Roll each one out right before you cook it. The hot water should keep the dough flexible enough to roll out as you're making them, so long as you remember to keep the dough you're not working on covered up. Seriously, this was so freakin' easy I see no reason to buy tortillas again.

Norm In Norman
7/6/2006, 12:24 PM
Ok, I'll try it. If they are bad, so help me God I will cut you.

LoyalFan
7/6/2006, 12:45 PM

Hey! Lighten up.
I used to date Phyllis Steen!
She was hawt! (But I promised her I'd never share the Polaroid(TM) shots.)

LF

Sooners78
7/6/2006, 12:46 PM
I like authentic mexican food better than tex-mex if it's made right. I've been to some authentic mexican restaurants in Mexico where the enchilada sauce is made from chili powder, water, and flour. That has almost no flavor. The sauce should really be made from whole dried chiles that are boiled, blended, and strained. Or better yet, just use fresh raw chiles to make the sauce.

Refried beans can have spices added to them and still be refried beans. It's a matter of taste, and even some fat mexican ladies make them that way.

I agree with Dean though that once canned chili and/or canned liquid cheese sauce is poured on top, that's a useless tortilla.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/6/2006, 01:12 PM
Have you guys seen the car driving around Norman that has all kinds of OU bumper stickers and stuffed animals attached to it? Then there is an old framed picture of some guy glued to the hood. If you look inside, the back dash is also covered with stuff. It would be funny if it was a fan of another school.

Boarder
7/6/2006, 01:16 PM
Is it a white Cadillac/Lincoln/whatever?

LIKE THE ONE I WROTE ABOUT EARLIER?!?!?!!!?!!?!?!???????????????????!!!!?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/6/2006, 01:31 PM
Is it a white Cadillac/Lincoln/whatever?

LIKE THE ONE I WROTE ABOUT EARLIER?!?!?!!!?!!?!?!???????????????????!!!!?Yeah , I saw your post. But there is so much crap on that car I could not tell if it was a Ford Pinto or a Lincoln Towncar. I used to have a pic of it on my phone, then my phone died.

1stTimeCaller
7/6/2006, 01:33 PM
is the guy with all of the bowling trophies on his car still around?

King Crimson
7/6/2006, 01:38 PM
is the guy with all of the bowling trophies on his car still around?

naw, i think he moved back to Ardmore (for now).

Getem
7/6/2006, 05:00 PM
It could be worse - you could have the Austin Thong guy - or Bikerfox :(

C&CDean
7/6/2006, 05:01 PM
naw, i think he moved back to Ardmore (for now).

Hey people. This was funny now.

1stTimeCaller
7/6/2006, 05:03 PM
I don't get it. Should we know of someone that moved from Norman to Ardmore?

TopDawg
7/6/2006, 05:05 PM
What is this thread about?

C&CDean
7/6/2006, 05:09 PM
I don't get it. Should we know of someone that moved from Norman to Ardmore?

If you weren't a ****ing noob, you'd know who I was talking about.

1stTimeCaller
7/6/2006, 05:12 PM
04?

C&CDean
7/6/2006, 05:19 PM
Fagzactly.

StoopTroup
7/6/2006, 05:35 PM
El Rio Verde - Tulsa

"Wet Burrito"

YWIA

Sooner98
7/6/2006, 05:47 PM
There's also Mr I put a ton of OU stickers and flags on my white Cadillac/Lincoln/whatever car who goes to OU right now.

I saw that guy sitting in his car last year in the Lloyd Noble parking lot after the TCU game. He was just sitting there in the car, with a blank stare on his face, with apparently no intention of leaving anytime soon...I guess he was taking the loss pretty hard! I also see that car at the theater all the time.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/6/2006, 05:49 PM
Yah I saw his car at the theatre. If I see it again, I'll take another picture.

dolemitesooner
7/6/2006, 05:52 PM
MOVE TO MEXICO IF YOU DONT LIKE IT
CHELIONS IS GOOD NOT GREAT BUT ENJOYABLE

Sooner_Havok
7/6/2006, 05:56 PM
What about crazy conspiracy theory guy? I see him around campus all the time.

TopDawg
7/6/2006, 06:01 PM
What about crazy conspiracy theory guy? I see him around campus all the time.

This guy? (http://members.aol.com/mpwright9/)

That website is very hard to navigate, but eventually you might find a picture of him.

BoogercountySooner
7/6/2006, 06:04 PM
Fried Jalapeno's might be called Chili's Toreado's in Spanish.

Just Sayin!

I live in NW Arkansas the new Mexican food Mecca!:D :D

Jeopardude
7/6/2006, 07:36 PM
This guy? (http://members.aol.com/mpwright9/)

That website is very hard to navigate, but eventually you might find a picture of him.

That guy's the reason Fred Phelps's group came to OU a couple of years ago to yell that David Boren's going to hell. For that reason, he sucks.

There's also Scared-looking Guy with Slicked Back Hair and Grocery Bags who walks around.

The guy on the trike is, I think, this guy with crazy eye problems and an even crazier drinking problem.

There's also Jessie, this schizo who is fine when on meds, but when she's off, she'll wag an imaginary tail while growling and throwing crap at cars. BEWARE.

sooneron
7/6/2006, 09:36 PM
Hey people. This was funny now.
I laughed and there is no better entertainment than Dean trying to get f'ing hillbillies on his page re: food!:D

sooneron
7/6/2006, 09:38 PM
and I miss Glove man and his "wife" the chick with the surgical mask. Three hat Willie is small beans in comparison.

Soonrboy
7/6/2006, 09:51 PM
Has anyone ever seen that lady who does her walking and really gets into it? I mean, she has some headphones on and she is dancing to the music as she walks. The only place I ever see her is on 12th on the east side. It is quite humorous.

sooneron
7/6/2006, 09:53 PM
Has anyone ever seen that lady who does her walking and really gets into it? I mean, she has some headphones on and she is dancing to the music as she walks. The only place I ever see her is on 12th on the east side. It is quite humorous.
East side?? BlechHH!:D

Soonrboy
7/6/2006, 10:31 PM
East side is the best side.

Sooner98
7/7/2006, 12:34 AM
You East-siders will never learn, will you. :D

Cam
7/8/2006, 03:47 PM
When OU plays in the Fiesta Bowl this year I'm gonna take whatever hillbillies wanna go down south about 100 miles and show you what real mexican food is. Machaca or chorizo & eggs for breakfast, carne seca for lunch, chile verde y chile colorado for dinner. Flour tortillas the size of pizza pans - so thin you can see through them. Real mexican cheeses.

Of course Norm would be "hey, this food sucks. Do they have a Taco Bueno somewhere around?"
Los Dos Molinos in Phoenix.

RacerX
7/8/2006, 10:30 PM

Saw it Friday in MWC.

Norm In Norman
7/8/2006, 11:37 PM
We saw Crazy American Guy's bike next to the Vista just yesterday. I think Calvin ate him or something, because he wasn't with his bike.