PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching America's Got Talent?

AllAboutThe'O'
7/5/2006, 10:47 PM
The latest episode was on tonight. It seems to be a cross between American Idol and the Gong Show but I like the concept. Unlike American Idol, you don't have to be a singer to display your talents and is open to all ages. And hopefully David Hasselhoff stays on as a judge despite his recent troubles, he cracks me up. I also thought, unlike the past two weeks, tonight's show was much more smoothly run (the debut episode was especially clunky). Next Wednesday they're going to start showing all the acts that advanced past the audition round.

GrapevineSooner
7/6/2006, 12:03 AM
My favorite was Floppy the Magnificent and his blow up...errr...partner. :)

SOONER44EVER
7/6/2006, 12:30 AM
That 11 year old girl who sang was just amazing!!!

Norm In Norman
7/6/2006, 07:36 AM
The yodeler from last night sucked, but the 11 year old from last week was good. I don't know where this show is headed at all. Some of the people they let go to the next round were really really BAD. Like that harmonica kid. He played a bunch of fast harmonica crap then they start playing a slow version of sweet home alabama, then he played the same riff over and over and over and over and over and then the judge says that's the best harmonica player he's ever heard in his life? Good musicians do more than just play the notes.

I imagine that if this is based on voting and there are guys voting that the stripper from last week is going to go far in this show.

C&CDean
7/6/2006, 08:01 AM
**** it. I hope the North Koreans go ahead and nuke us now.

Norm In Norman
7/6/2006, 08:04 AM
**** YEAH!

Norm In Norman
7/6/2006, 08:15 AM
I started watching this show because I thought I saw Dean in one of the commercials. Then i realized that Dean doesn't wear pink.

http://www.tvgasm.com/images/agt/agt02-04a.jpg

Norm In Norman
7/6/2006, 08:21 AM
He does have the same speech patterns as Dean though.

http://www.tvgasm.com/images/agt/agt02-08.jpg

C&CDean
7/6/2006, 08:30 AM
You look at that thing - and tell me, with a straight face, "it's ok to be gay."

Go ahead, do it. That's right, you can't. But at least I bet his mother is proud.

Norm In Norman
7/6/2006, 08:35 AM
It's OK to be gay. It's not OK to be gay and be a faerie though.

Norm In Norman
7/6/2006, 08:41 AM
Oh, and I'm pretty sure my son is not gay. Faerie boy came on and my son was cracking up about how idiotic that dude looked. When the stripper came on, he was quiet with concentration. She was getting pretty close to not having much on and I said "Boy, you'd better close your eyes" to which he replied "But daddy, I don't want to!"

49r
7/6/2006, 11:18 AM
Yeah, the stripper is by far the most talented person I've seen on that show.