PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar (the TV show)

Boarder
7/5/2006, 08:51 PM
It's like a not gay American Idol. Kind of neat. I don't want to get sucked into a show, though.

Sooner_Bob
7/5/2006, 08:53 PM
I really liked last year's show . . . and I think Tommy Lee is gonna make this summer's show pretty entertaining.

All-in-all it ain't that bad. :D

Boarder
7/5/2006, 08:56 PM
I thought the blonde Pam Anderson looking girl and the Simple Plan looking dude at the end were the best. The Marianne Faithful skeery chick freaked me out.

It'll be interesting to hear the band's songs. Newstead left Metallica because he hated the new stuff (which means he is smart). Tommy Lee's new stuff is really good. Should be far out.

I'll probably get sucked into it. Oh well, there's not much going on in the Summer.

Sooner_Bob
7/5/2006, 09:09 PM
I thought the blonde Pam Anderson looking girl and the Simple Plan looking dude at the end were the best. The Marianne Faithful skeery chick freaked me out.

It'll be interesting to hear the band's songs. Newstead left Metallica because he hated the new stuff (which means he is smart). Tommy Lee's new stuff is really good. Should be far out.

I'll probably get sucked into it. Oh well, there's not much going on in the Summer.

I really liked the last few singers as well . . . that one chick with the funky piercing below her bottom lip was freaky.

Tommy Lee's new stuff rawks . . . I'm listening to Good Times as I type this.

critical_phil
7/5/2006, 09:20 PM
I'm listening to Good Times as I type this.

Temporary lay offs.
Good Times.
Easy credit rip offs.
Good Times.
Scratchin' and surviving.
Good Times.
Hangin in a chow line
Good Times.
Ain't we lucky we got 'em
Good Times.

mrowl
7/5/2006, 09:46 PM
its amazing that all 15 singers are better than 95% of ANY american idol contestant.

sooneron
7/5/2006, 10:10 PM
its amazing that all 15 singers are better than 95% of ANY american idol contestant.
I didn't watch it, but last year's inxs show proved that as well. The diff is, these people are actual singers that have really tried to work in the biz and done so. Idol's peeps, for the most part, are friggin hicks that sang real purty in the local choir and were always told they could sang.

Is that asshat, Navarro still on it? If he is,

OUT!

Sooner_Bob
7/5/2006, 10:13 PM
Is that asshat, Navarro still on it?

Yep . . . but Brooke Burns cancels him out anyday of the week.

sooneron
7/5/2006, 10:14 PM
The problem is, I barely get to see her from my eyes tearing up from the vomitous Navarro portions.:texan:

yermom
7/5/2006, 10:57 PM

i think you have your Brookes mixed up ;)

this one:

http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00214/David-Charvet-Brook_214046a.jpg

not this one:

http://www.yaysports.com/ncaa/images/Brook%20Burns%20Buns.jpg

took a while to find a not-baneworthy Brooke Burke picrture :eek:

yermom
7/5/2006, 10:58 PM
Temporary lay offs.
Good Times.
Easy credit rip offs.
Good Times.
Scratchin' and surviving.
Good Times.
Hangin in a chow line
Good Times.
Ain't we lucky we got 'em
Good Times.

Dynomite!

Rhino
7/5/2006, 11:52 PM
Too many of those idiots went for ballads. Way too many chick singers too. I hated the GoodCharlotte-lookin' guy at the end.

I was shocked to see Patrice Pike on there. She's a regional underground star.

Boarder
7/6/2006, 10:56 AM
Patrice Pike was the other one I liked. The Good Charlotte guy looked and sounded like he'd really fit the band.

Yes, way too many ballads. For this competition they need to jam.

Mjcpr
7/6/2006, 11:01 AM
Tommy Lee just perpetuates the negative rocker image. I don't like him, his music or his choice of footwear.

Also, the show is ghey.

Boarder
7/6/2006, 11:04 AM
Hey, don't take it out on me that American Idol is off the air for a few months. Just relax, you'll survive until it comes back!

Mjcpr
7/6/2006, 11:06 AM
Tommy Lee invests in Nebraska but I don't care, I still don't like him.

Beef
7/6/2006, 01:32 PM
I was shocked to see Patrice Pike on there. She's a regional underground star.
I had no idea Patrice was on this until I read the paper at lunch. My brother played in a band with her in the early 90's and has been touring off and on with her since. I guess I'll have to start watching this now.

IB4OU2
7/6/2006, 01:39 PM
Those female singers had more ink on them than the Sunday edition of the New York Times.