PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Finale From Norman

SoonerBorn68
7/5/2006, 12:28 PM
So we made it out to watch the fireworks last night. I got a new digital camera yesterday & needed and decided to check out what it could do.

Hope you like it (http://www.geocities.com/soonerborn91/wavs/normanfinale.wmv).

IB4OU2
7/5/2006, 12:33 PM
So where was SBSB's house in that movie? ;)

SoonerBorn68
7/5/2006, 12:37 PM
heh, I had the same problem as she did. Some folks were popping them out by the house last night at about 2am. I told the wife no one would ever pick out the sound of my 9mm through all that racket...She talked me out of it. :D

GottaHavePride
7/5/2006, 12:39 PM
You know, Mythbusters busted the myth that you can kill people by shooting a gun straight up in the air. They showed that the terminal velocity of a falling bullet just isn't fast enough to kill someone. But they said that if you're off even a little bit and the bullet can maintain its ballistic trajectory it'll work. ;)

SoonerBorn68
7/5/2006, 12:43 PM
Terminal velocity would have been the least of their worries. :D

Osce0la
7/5/2006, 12:44 PM
You know, Mythbusters busted the myth that you can kill people by shooting a gun straight up in the air. They showed that the terminal velocity of a falling bullet just isn't fast enough to kill someone. But they said that if you're off even a little bit and the bullet can maintain its ballistic trajectory it'll work. ;)
There was a story on the news here in B'ham last year about a woman that was nearly hit by a bullet someone had fired into the air. It ended up coming through her roof and hitting the night stand beside her bed, about a foot away from her head.