PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Bricktown...

TheHumanAlphabet
7/5/2006, 12:00 AM
HELLO!!!!

Been here since Monday evening. At the Renaissance...Fireworks, eh, okay, Yukon puts on a better spread...

Sad, had to move to Houston to enjoy Bricktown...

Good for this evening, The Mantel, great wine selection, Good food.

Note to OUAndy, comments regarding Cheevers coming your way, but you were right. Good wine selection however.

Shawnee tomorrow, 3 cents gas price increase coming in a few days...;)

ChickSoonerFan
7/5/2006, 12:18 AM
Glad you are enjoying yourself! (that sounds wrong but you know what I mean)

The Yukon show was good tonight but I think it was better last year.

Did you watch the Bricktown show from your room?

TheHumanAlphabet
7/5/2006, 12:22 AM
Did you watch the Bricktown show from your room?

Yepper!!!

BajaOklahoma
7/5/2006, 01:10 AM
Are you guys too young to remember they reanamed one of the streets in Yukon from Cemetary Road to Garth Brooks whatever?
They spent so much money making the change that they had to cancel the fireworks show that year. And Garth's parents moved to Edmond.
I hate that guy.

TheHumanAlphabet
7/5/2006, 12:36 PM
I remember that they didn't have fireworks once, didn't know it was because of the renaming the street. Yukon has put out a bunch for a guy that has done absolutely zero for the town as far as I can tell...

Rhino
7/5/2006, 12:55 PM
Lil and I went to the Yukon fireworks show on the 3rd and enjoyed it. It's usually a little bit better though.

Are you guys too young to remember they reanamed one of the streets in Yukon from Cemetary Road to Garth Brooks whatever? I was young, but Yukon's fireworks show wasn't nearly as big of a deal back then as it is now. They didn't pour in even a third of the money that they do now. The park they have it in now was a dirtbike track back then.

That road actually has four names: Cemetery Road, Garth Brooks Boulevard, 11th Street and Highway 92.

Jimminy Crimson
7/5/2006, 01:28 PM
Edmond's show was teh shizz last night. Seriously it was the best. finale. evar.