PDA

View Full Version : Car Rental Companies

jthomasou78
7/4/2006, 06:17 PM
I am going to be travelling a lot for buisness soon. Is there any real difference between car rental places. Dollar seems to be the cheapest, but is there some reason to go with Hertz or another company over them.

hurricane'bone
7/4/2006, 06:18 PM
Support an Oklahoma company...go with Dollar.

StoopTroup
7/4/2006, 06:20 PM
I'd rent any car for a dolla.

BajaOklahoma
7/4/2006, 07:01 PM
We use Enterprise. They have always been nice to deal with in person. They even helped us load the luggage in our van (soccer tournament, lots of people and stuff), give great directions and upgrade us for free almost everytime. The lines usually move better than Avis or Hertz (I hate lines).
We've used them in six states....

yermom
7/4/2006, 07:18 PM
i think i just used the cheapest on Priceline last time

i think it was National that i used in Vegas last year that took FOREVER and the clerk was completely unapologetic about it, it took like 15 minutes for them to change terminals or something and it was just like business as usual

Skysooner
7/4/2006, 09:50 PM
I am a fan of Hertz. Hertz Gold Club is free if you rent more than twice a year (I think). My cost per rental went down when I did this, and my paperwork is always waiting in my car when I get off of the airplane. It saves me many minutes in transit.

noleamite
7/4/2006, 10:41 PM
I travel for business all the time, so I've used about all of them. I use Hertz and Budget on the company dime. But IF I am renteing for leisure I normaly go with enterprise or dollar, because of cost. But if your trying to get in and out use Budget (Fast Break) or Hertz (gold Club) your keys will be in your vehicle waiting for you.

Okla-homey
7/5/2006, 06:38 AM
Support an Oklahoma company...go with Dollar.

Yeah, cause our new lady mayor (and wife of Dollar/Thrifty CEO) needs reimbursement for the million plus she spent beating Bill LaFortune.;)

Mjcpr
7/5/2006, 08:42 AM
Yeah, cause our new lady mayor (and wife of Dollar/Thrifty CEO) needs reimbursement for the million plus she spent beating Bill LaFortune.;)

If people had any sense, she wouldn't have had to spend a dime.

IB4OU2
7/5/2006, 08:48 AM
Hertz.....plus you get free Sirius Satelltite Radio so you can listen to obscure alternative radio stations while driving around lost in the big city.

tbl
7/5/2006, 09:52 AM
I travel a lot, and Priceline is by far the most efficient way to rent a car. Using the name your own price option, you can save some big time dollars. They're all about the same as far as cars and service go.

achiro
7/13/2006, 10:52 PM
what might one expect to pay to rent a car from a thursday through sunday? In Utah?

Mongo
7/13/2006, 10:54 PM
what might one expect to pay to rent a car from a thursday through sunday? In Utah?

If you convert to Mormonism, only $19.95 per day:D

SOONER44EVER
7/14/2006, 01:50 AM
Go get an entertainment coupon book. There are like a jillion coupons for car rental companies in it. http://www.entertainment.com/discount/home.shtml Thank you.:D

Mjcpr
7/14/2006, 07:45 AM
Go get an entertainment coupon book. There are like a jillion coupons for car rental companies in it. http://www.entertainment.com/discount/home.shtml Thank you.:D

There might be some in your phone book too.

LLoyd Dobler
7/14/2006, 09:19 AM
I know I am trolling, but Dollar/Thrifty is the worst. Yes, I live and grew up in Oklahoma, but the car sites are usually off airport property, which succs when your are returning to the airport, plus it adds 30 minutes to your arrival.

IMHO, any but Dollar/Thrifty.