PDA

View Full Version : Some lady gave a big pile of dough to oSu

Okla-homey
7/4/2006, 12:31 PM
No Poke connection whatsoever. She gave a million to the vet school because they agreed to care for her dogs when she croaks.

I wish she had called me, I'd have done it for $500K.

Former Florida resident Alice Levin, who had visited Oklahoma State University only once, left over $1 million from her estate to ensure a positive future for the animals she loved following her death in 2005. Four advanced veterinary students honored in 2006 were named the first Levin Scholars after the woman who came across the website for the OSU Center for Veterinary Health Science while searching for a charitable way to benefit animals. Her gift provides both scholarships and small animal equipment for CVHS Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital.

yermom
7/4/2006, 01:29 PM
sounds like they got a big pile of something else too

Frozen Sooner
7/4/2006, 01:36 PM
I hope to God that Aggie State feeds her dogs to the pigs a few days after she dies.

Okla-homey
7/4/2006, 01:45 PM
I hope to God that Aggie State feeds her dogs to the pigs a few days after she dies.

they are a vet school. they might 'speriment on 'em.

BajaOklahoma
7/4/2006, 03:10 PM
aTm built a house to care for the pets of deceased "donors." A nice setup, couches, TVs, vet students to interact with the resident critters.
And lots of money for aTm. It's been going on for a couple of years.

Mixer!
7/4/2006, 04:06 PM
Feh, more $$$ for them to screw the elderly out of their homes. :mad:

soonerjoker
7/5/2006, 09:55 AM
sour grapes make bitter whine.

OU4LIFE
7/5/2006, 10:27 AM
My wife works for the vet college. This story was on the news a few weeks ago. She promptly received a call from an older lady stating that she had heard that they had received this money to help pay for vet scholarships, and she'd like to "sign up" for one.

heh. Some people have no idea how hard it is to get into vet school. Much harder than medical school, believe it or don't.

soonerjoker
7/5/2006, 10:43 AM
there's only a few vet schools, & admission is tough.

Sooners78
7/5/2006, 11:19 AM
"I'll take a vet over a doctor anyday. He has to be able to treat a dog, cat, horse, and chicken, all in the same day."

OU4LIFE
7/5/2006, 11:19 AM
the fact that there are only a few is the majority of what makes admission tough. But you still have to have your sh*t together in order to get in...

Okla-homey
7/5/2006, 11:33 AM
"I'll take a vet over a doctor anyday. He has to be able to treat a dog, cat, horse, and chicken, all in the same day."

C'mon, who would take a chicken to a vet? They're like gerbils. Cheaper to toss and buy new than treat.;)

royalfan5
7/5/2006, 11:39 AM
C'mon, who would take a chicken to a vet? They're like gerbils. Cheaper to toss and buy new than treat.;)
There are cases you would want to know what killed it, to see if it is something that would endanger your whole flock. I had to kill my whole flock when I was younger because of that.

yermom
7/5/2006, 11:46 AM

Kramer and the dog with the same cough was just hilarious

soonerjoker
7/6/2006, 09:49 AM
OU4LIFE

i agree.

Okla-homey
7/6/2006, 10:01 AM
There are cases you would want to know what killed it, to see if it is something that would endanger your whole flock. I had to kill my whole flock when I was younger because of that.

Ah yes, chicken forensic pathology. I bet they have a course in that at Boone State.