PDA

View Full Version : preseason top 25 suggestions...

rebmus
7/4/2006, 12:16 PM
i'm a pollster on another site. it's just all for fun (the BcS won't take our poll unfortionately). 21 of us are doing polls throughout the year. here's my preseason poll so far (due august 1st)... suggestions?

btw... i'm sure yall will like my early #1. :D

1. oklahoma
2. ohio state
3. west virginia
4. california
5. auburn
6. florida
7. texas
8. usc
9. georgia
10. michigan
11. florida state
12. miami
13. oregon
14. iowa
15. louisville
16. notre dame
17. clemson
18. tennessee
19. nebraska
20. virginia tech
21. south carolina
22. texas tech
23. utah
24. alabama
25. tcu

slickdawg
7/4/2006, 12:18 PM
Bama's too high, they lost their entire freakin' defense and only QB.

They may be preseason top 25, but will fall out quickly.

State and Ole Miss are on the other 25 list, the bottom 25. :D

Okla-homey
7/4/2006, 12:22 PM
Me likey this poll. OU #1 and Auburn atop the SEC:D

I also like Tulsa v. Arkansas in the Liberty Bowl! Call me a homer, but I think this is the year Tulsa cracks the Top 25.

rebmus
7/4/2006, 12:26 PM
Bama's too high, they lost their entire freakin' defense and only QB.

They may be preseason top 25, but will fall out quickly.

State and Ole Miss are on the other 25 list, the bottom 25. :D
i debated on bama... you're most likely correct, they may fall quickly.
arkansas is a real wildcard imo... they may surprise some people this year if mustain lives up to the hype. besides, nutt has a way of doing well when not expected to.

as far as msu and om... will we EVER win the "big one"??? grrrrrr. at least i didn't pull a homer and rank those two teams. :eek:

slickdawg
7/5/2006, 12:56 PM
i debated on bama... you're most likely correct, they may fall quickly.
arkansas is a real wildcard imo... they may surprise some people this year if mustain lives up to the hype. besides, nutt has a way of doing well when not expected to.

as far as msu and om... will we EVER win the "big one"??? grrrrrr. at least i didn't pull a homer and rank those two teams. :eek:

Arkansas may really be the big national story this year. The Nutt usually
does well in getting them motivated, has an insane record in the state
of Arkansas, and some serious talent coming in.

And he knows dick. Starting QB Casey Dick, who will be in a fight for
his job with a hotshot frosh coming in.

UM and MSU, we just keep getting close, but no banana. We need to
get rid of USM and split the talent. :D

JohnnyMack
7/5/2006, 01:02 PM
Why in hell would anyone put OU as #1? I really don't get it.

1stTimeCaller
7/5/2006, 01:04 PM
I think any poll done before the 6th week of the season is meaningless and just screws up the final polls at the end of the season.

White House Boy
7/5/2006, 01:15 PM
Arkansas is truly a question mark. McFadden reminds me so much af AD that it's uncanny... and the fact that he did what he did as a freshman last year with torn cartilage in his knee is downright scary. Couple him with arguably the best fullback in the nation (Peyton Hillis) and they will have a tremendously successful ground game.

And here's where the question mark comes in. With Mitch Mustain, arguably the best prep school passer in the '06 class coming in, does Nutt go pass happy in an attempt to save his job, or does he stay old school and grind out wins on the ground? They will definitely be an interesting team to follow this year.

As far as Florida is concerned, yeah they have loads of offensive talent, but look at their schedule. They go to Auburn, Florida St., and Tennessee. They have South Carolina (think Spurrier), LSU, and Alabama making a trek to Ben Hill Griffin Stadium... and they have their traditional coctail party with the Dawgs of Georgia. All seven of those games are potential losses for the gators, and quite frankly, if they win 4 of the 7, I think they will have had a really good year. They would have to lose, at the most, 2 games to end the season in the top six, and I honestly don't think they will do that.

Your assessment of ND is by far the most realistic one I've seen in comparison to the national pundits singing their praises as a NC contender.

rebmus
7/5/2006, 03:14 PM
Your assessment of ND is by far the most realistic one I've seen in comparison to the national pundits singing their praises as a NC contender.
yeah... a LOT of posters on other boards have given me he// over ND being that low.

i just don't see them as a natty contender. they were overranked last year, just like most years imo.

noleamite
7/5/2006, 03:17 PM
FSU..should be way HIGHER :D

Hoosier Dynasty
7/5/2006, 03:33 PM
I'm going with . . .

1. oklahoma
2. ohio state
3. west virginia
4. notre dame
5. auburn
6. texas
7. florida
8. michigan
9. georgia
10. florida state
11. iowa
12. miami
13. cal
14. penn state
15. louisville
16. oregon
17. nebraska
18. tennessee
19. virginia tech
20. usc
21. tcu
22. alabama
23. texas tech
24. utah
25. wisconsin

rebmus
7/5/2006, 03:41 PM
FSU..should be way HIGHER :D
ha... i really should move either miami or fsu higher... i'm sure i will right after the winner of that game.

adding miami did a LOT for the acc imo. good luck noleamite.

rebmus
7/5/2006, 03:44 PM
thanks for the poll hoosier D. (ok, none of you perverted sickos take that quote out of context!)

i'm gathering opinions all around before i submit my final preseason poll.

sooneron
7/5/2006, 03:51 PM
Why in hell would anyone put OU in the top 25? I really don't get it.
:texan:

JohnnyMack
7/5/2006, 03:55 PM
:texan:

Blow me. :D

All homerism aside, I think they're deserving of a 6 - 10 preseason ranking.

rebmus
7/5/2006, 04:35 PM
Blow me. :D

All homerism aside, I think they're deserving of a 6 - 10 preseason ranking.
i have VERY LITTLE doubt oklahoma will finish in the top 10. i had to put somebody at #1. cal and w. va. both have a good chance of running the table. ohio st should return to form this year also.

honestly, i can pretty easily see any of my top four finishing #1.
for whatever reason... i think this is oklahoma's year.

i'm kinda surprised nobody has sounded off about texas at #7. i really doubt texas will finish top 10 this year with young gone... but they still should be pretty good. had they not beaten usc last year... no way i'd give mack enough credit to take this team to #7 this year.

slickdawg
7/5/2006, 05:16 PM
i have VERY LITTLE doubt oklahoma will finish in the top 10. i had to put somebody at #1. cal and w. va. both have a good chance of running the table. ohio st should return to form this year also.

honestly, i can pretty easily see any of my top four finishing #1.
for whatever reason... i think this is oklahoma's year.

i'm kinda surprised nobody has sounded off about texas at #7. i really doubt texas will finish top 10 this year with young gone... but they still should be pretty good. had they not beaten usc last year... no way i'd give mack enough credit to take this team to #7 this year.

West Virginia won't beat Mississippi State

by more than 60