PDA

View Full Version : Danbury Mint Commerative OU pin Collection?

stoopified
7/4/2006, 07:24 AM
Am I the only one on the board collecting these?They commerate bowls and conference and National Titles.I have completed the first set (of 30) and recieved my display board via UPS.Ispent a hour getting the pins set in the case last night.My wife thinks I'm crazy,rolls her eyes and walks off muttering SOMETHING ABOUT ME BEING A FANATIC.She thinks I am the only one collecting these pins.So I ask you my SOONER BRETREH and SISTEREN ,IS SHE RIGHT?

mhackl
7/4/2006, 07:43 AM
Is the complete collection still available? Do you have any pics?

sooner n houston
7/4/2006, 08:34 AM
Never heard of them! Sounds cool though.

Sooner24
7/4/2006, 09:15 AM
Pics please.

RedstickSooner
7/4/2006, 10:36 AM
Stoopified, I personally think everything the Danbury mint does is silly -- but I also believe that we all have hobbies which seem, to an outsider, absurd. So, what I think of your pins is unimportant - if they make you happy, they're cool.

This past week's episode of Lucky Louie explained it all pretty well, I think.

You didn't spend the rent money on your pins, though, did you? :D
(A Lucky Louie reference, in case you don't watch it.)

FlatheadSooner
7/4/2006, 11:19 AM
Am I the only one on the board collecting these?They commerate bowls and conference and National Titles.I have completed the first set (of 30) and recieved my display board via UPS.Ispent a hour getting the pins set in the case last night.My wife thinks I'm crazy,rolls her eyes and walks off muttering SOMETHING ABOUT ME BEING A FANATIC.She thinks I am the only one collecting these pins.So I ask you my SOONER BRETREH and SISTEREN ,IS SHE RIGHT?

Wait, I might be interested...........do they come with free Sooner ring tone?

If it makes you feel any better, I get that "FANATIC" thing from my wife all the time. Guess you can't take the BOOMER out of the boy.

Vaevictis
7/4/2006, 02:56 PM
What's wrong with being a fanatic?

stoopified
7/6/2006, 01:52 PM
I'll clear a few things up here.First thing I was mistaken the pins are Bradford Authenticated not Danbury Mint.Ihave TWO Minature Scale-model Memorilal Stadiums(the Switzer Center renovation model and the Gaylord Expansion model.) that are from Danbury.Both are really sharp great detail(about $80 bucks a pop( sorry no pics.

The pins come thre to a hipment and you get a sipment every 2-3 months,cost is $30.00 a set and no I did not spend the rent money.Assuming that they will make pins for ALL bowls ,championships,I would assume there are still about 50 pins left to collect even if we do not win any more titles.I do not have any pics of these either.I know that Bradford and Danbury both have websites althiugh I haven't been to them.You can proably find pics ther, IMHO they are great collectibles and worth the money.
True indedd Vaevictus! BTW my latin is poor ,what does your username mean?I'm guessing someting to do with victory.What do I know?I'm just a f'ing hillbilly.

Tear Down This Wall
7/6/2006, 01:58 PM
http://www.collectiblestoday.com/ss/45178.html#