PDA

View Full Version : Chris Patterson

boomersooner28
7/4/2006, 02:14 AM
Haven't seen this posted, which I thought was weird.....and it IS bad news.

Al Eschbach said on the radio today that Patterson DID NOT qualify. :mad: This really sucks. I thought he could come in and contribute immediately, especially with the injury to Ryan Reynolds.

Seriously, how hard is it to qualify coming out of NEO? Did he just not go to class? Not study ever? I just don't understand. How could you not take this opportunity seriously?

Someone with some info please feel free to join in.

Oh, Eschbach also said Malcolm Williams (DB recruit coming in out of Grand Prairie) also did not qualify. :mad:

jccouger
7/4/2006, 05:51 AM
Isnt there some strings that they could pull?

sportsproducer
7/4/2006, 07:53 AM
Basically what took [lace is that Chris Patterson does not have the classes in accordance with the Progression rule. He has graduated from NEO but he needs to tale roughly 9 hours of classes in the fall to be eligable under NCAA guidelines to play football.

Not so sure Patterson dropped the ball on this or that OU or NEO did. It sounds as if all 3 have a part in this.

It does appear as if he will continue at NEO and be in Norman in January.

picasso
7/4/2006, 09:16 AM
he's a myth.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/4/2006, 10:15 AM
Basically what took [lace is that Chris Patterson does not have the classes in accordance with the Progression rule. He has graduated from NEO but he needs to tale roughly 9 hours of classes in the fall to be eligable under NCAA guidelines to play football.

Not so sure Patterson dropped the ball on this or that OU or NEO did. It sounds as if all 3 have a part in this.

It does appear as if he will continue at NEO and be in Norman in January.

lets see. he's eligible to play for NEO in the fall, hmm...

The Consumate Showman
7/4/2006, 11:01 AM
So I'm assuming that both of these guys will be gray shirts, right JKM? And if they in fact are, won't they be counted as recruits for the '07 class? How will that work for our numbers for the '07 class?

SouthFortySooner
7/4/2006, 11:40 AM
There will be other linebackers to come which we can, "set our sights on". :D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/4/2006, 12:52 PM
So I'm assuming that both of these guys will be gray shirts, right JKM? And if they in fact are, won't they be counted as recruits for the '07 class? How will that work for our numbers for the '07 class?

gray shirting only applies to high school seniors. patterson's eligibility clock is ticking. he was a 3 to play 3 guy, but now will be a 2 to play 2 guy. malcolm williams could be a gray shirt if his core was high enough and he only needed a test score. otherwise, he's juco...

Collier11
7/4/2006, 01:35 PM
He is eligible in the big 10 so hopefully he doesnt bounce :(

101sooner
7/4/2006, 02:22 PM
He is eligible in the big 10 so hopefully he doesnt bounce :(

I don't think he's eligible at any D1 school, but I may be wrong.

Newbomb Turk
7/4/2006, 02:30 PM
I don't think he's eligible at any D1 school, but I may be wrong.

I heard he's eligible at some Big 10 schools.

The Consumate Showman
7/4/2006, 02:36 PM
gray shirting only applies to high school seniors. patterson's eligibility clock is ticking. he was a 3 to play 3 guy, but now will be a 2 to play 2 guy. malcolm williams could be a gray shirt if his core was high enough and he only needed a test score. otherwise, he's juco...

Okay JKM, how will all of this affect our signings for the '07 class? Won't we have to re-recruit Patterson for a third time and will his and Williams schollys count toward that total number?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/4/2006, 05:45 PM
if they don't report, they are free agents. they only count if they show up...

The Consumate Showman
7/4/2006, 07:19 PM
gotcha.

NobleSooner
7/4/2006, 07:49 PM
I think he is eligible but OU isn't taking him right now because he counts against OU's points in the new rules. I think you have to have 925 points and OU is right on the edge of that. If Patterson came on board then the school would be penalized even though he himself is eligible to come.

I'm pretty sure that this is where all this Big Ten stuff came from. He could go to a Big Ten school and the school would be penalized but they would be comfortably above the 925 point level.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/5/2006, 01:20 AM
the 925 is based upon eligibility per semester. the only reason he would "affect" the rule is if he failed his first semester of classes. in other words, if that's the reason, they aren't ever going to take him...

Collier11
7/5/2006, 03:58 AM
For what its worth, Eshbach is saying that he can play at a big 10 school now, its kind of the same deal with lance mitchell not being eligible at Flordia so we take him and he is eligible

jackietreehorn
7/5/2006, 05:41 PM
i really can't wait to see this kid play. i just hope it's for us someday. maybe he could go to ohio state this year, start immediately, and blow out someone from texass's ACL this season. just kidding, i wouldn't want anyone from there to get hurt:D

The Consumate Showman
7/5/2006, 07:04 PM
For what its worth, Eshbach is saying that he can play at a big 10 school now, its kind of the same deal with lance mitchell not being eligible at Flordia so we take him and he is eligible

Problem, Eschbach doesn't know what the hell is going on, he's just going by wht most people are saying at the time. Chris will be at NEO this fall and hopefully join the team this spring. He needs 9 hours at NEO toward a major at OU to qualify and he will be eligible. I will be posting a new thread in a little while abou this that I found at ouinsider...baby crying....