PDA

View Full Version : If I never have to put nail polish on my *** again I can die a happy man

royalfan5
7/3/2006, 12:02 PM
So my roomate managed to bring chiggers into the house, and spread them to everybody else in the house. I ended up getting pretty chewed up, and spent today applying nail polish to the bites because that is the rememdy apperently. Anyway, applying nail polish to your *** is harder than I thought.

SoonerInKCMO
7/3/2006, 12:07 PM
When we'd go camping back in the day, we'd get a big barrel filled with water and about a gallon of bleach and soak in it for a few minutes to kill the chiggers. Don't know if you want a barrel of bleachy water in the house though.

StoopTroup
7/3/2006, 12:25 PM
http://www.harvardpilgrim.mimrx.com/harvard/SiteImages/PrdImages/200x200/0312547170048.JPG

Fugue
7/3/2006, 12:31 PM
When we'd go camping back in the day, we'd get a big barrel filled with water and about a gallon of bleach and soak in it for a few minutes to kill the chiggers. Don't know if you want a barrel of bleachy water in the house though.

cracka :texan:

ChickSoonerFan
7/3/2006, 12:35 PM
You know hot pink works better than clear..right?

Not sure why but trust me it does. Try it. Really.

royalfan5
7/3/2006, 12:38 PM
You know hot pink works better than clear..right?

I'll try it, it isn't like anyone is seeing my *** anyway.

StoopTroup
7/3/2006, 12:38 PM
If you decide to submerge your A** in a pan or vat of bleach...

Please make sure to post how that went for us. :D

http://www.griffin.peachnet.edu/ga/cobb/Horticulture/Factsheets/chiggers/chigger.jpg

Okla-homey
7/3/2006, 12:39 PM
Campho-Phenique. Tried and true. It bears the chigger-infested hillbilly seal of approval.

http://www.bayercare.com/htm/campholiquid.htm

StoopTroup
7/3/2006, 12:43 PM
Hope this helps.

Chiggers are easily removed from the skin by taking a hot bath or shower and lathering with soap several times. The bath will kill attached chiggers and others which are not attached. Since symptoms of contact may not appear for several hours, it is not always possible to completely prevent welts caused by chigger bites. Antiseptic should be applied to all welts which do appear. Temporary relief of itching may be achieved with nonprescription local anesthetics available at most drug stores. Studies have shown that meat tenderizer, rubbed into the welt, will alleviate itching.

ChickSoonerFan
7/3/2006, 12:55 PM
I forgot about meat tenderizer...that works too but the kind with garlic works better.

:D

GottaHavePride
7/3/2006, 01:00 PM
For chiggers? I usually just use some cortisone cream. Of course, I'm used to itching worse than chiggers.

GDC
7/3/2006, 01:19 PM
Take a Lysol bath.

Soonrboy
7/3/2006, 01:30 PM
how does bleach affect the brown eye? it seems like it would hurt.

PhilTLL
7/3/2006, 05:39 PM
how does bleach affect the brown eye? it seems like it would hurt.

Bleach in the vicinity of a mucous membrane? :eek: :eek:

Wouldn't even think about it, but that's just me.

Soonrboy
7/3/2006, 06:23 PM
me either, but sooner in KC highly recommends it!!!

yermom
7/3/2006, 06:45 PM
would that turn your brown eye blue?

proud gonzo
7/3/2006, 09:01 PM
vinegar also helps with itching

proud gonzo
7/3/2006, 09:02 PM
oh, and i've heard toothpaste works too. try smearing toothpaste on it. supposedly the bright blue colored mint stuff works the best

slickdawg
7/3/2006, 09:07 PM
Plan b - napalm the **** out of the chiggers

Damn I hate chiggers! They're all around the inlaws house, so we'll
be eaten alive when we move. Yeehaw.

SicEmBaylor
7/3/2006, 09:43 PM
Plan b - napalm the **** out of the chiggers

Damn I hate chiggers! They're all around the inlaws house, so we'll
be eaten alive when we move. Yeehaw.

You're moving next to your inlaws?
Everybody Loves Slickwife?

etouffee
7/3/2006, 09:47 PM
oh, and i've heard toothpaste works too. try smearing toothpaste on it.yep, toothpaste works. none of that ghey gel stuff though; has to be actual toothpaste.

slickdawg
7/3/2006, 09:47 PM
You're moving next to your inlaws?
Everybody Loves Slickwife?

We'll move IN with the inlaws until our house here sells.

I've asked FIL to nuke the yard to try and control the chigger issues.
Slickdaughter doesn't need 'em either!

Yeah, everyone does love slickwife! ;)

SicEmBaylor
7/3/2006, 09:51 PM
We'll move IN with the inlaws until our house here sells.

I've asked FIL to nuke the yard to try and control the chigger issues.
Slickdaughter doesn't need 'em either!

Yeah, everyone does love slickwife! ;)

Good gawd man, well I hope you get along with your in-laws.

slickdawg
7/3/2006, 09:53 PM
Good gawd man, well I hope you get along with your in-laws.

Me too. :rolleyes:

We'll be fine, slickdaughter is kryptonite.

WhiteRiverSooner
7/3/2006, 10:31 PM
Chlorine bleach in the tub or chlorine in a swimming pool both work well.

I once had too many bites to count and was miserable. That's when I had several doctors I worked with tell me to find a swimming pool and soak for about 3 hours, or poor some bleach in the tub.

Washing immediately after exposure helps prevent the bites, but once you have been bitten, the chlorine works best for settling down the itch. I just poor bleach in the tub and soak a while. I have done it a lot since I live on a chigger infested mountain.

SoonerInKCMO
7/4/2006, 12:40 AM
See. I'm not just making this stuff up.

At least not this time.

royalfan5
7/4/2006, 12:43 AM
Just so you all know, my *** looks like someone pumped about four paintballs into the right cheek. It sucks being me right now(more than usual anyway)

StoopTroup
7/4/2006, 12:49 AM
Pics? lol.

etouffee
7/4/2006, 04:44 AM
Just so you all know, my *** looks like someone pumped about four paintballs into the right cheek. Doesn't sound like chiggers, sounds like boils.:eek:

AlbqSooner
7/4/2006, 09:46 AM
My grandma put me on to a tub filled with water as hot as you can stand to sit and soak in plus a cup or two of bleach. When I asked her if that would really work, she said, "No, but it will turn them white so you can't see them." Acutally it did work. Killed the little varmints and stopped the itching as well.

As for meat tenderizer I have heard that works, but never heard about the garlic type. Nail polish seals the little guys in and should eventually kill them, but never heard about the hot pink preference.

Personally, I would rather smell like bleach than have a hot pink, tenderized *** that smells like garlic.

ChickSoonerFan
7/4/2006, 11:54 AM
You guys are too easy.

Did you really put hot pink nail polish on your ***? Red would work just as well.

SoonerWood
7/4/2006, 02:10 PM
I think they prefer to be called 'chigros'

royalfan5
7/4/2006, 02:33 PM
You guys are too easy.

Did you really put hot pink nail polish on your ***? Red would work just as well.
No, I decided to just use some benadriyl on my *** for the time being. I'm just not coordinated enough to apply nail polish to my *** on a regular basis. Plus the welts on my *** are getting better. Now it only looks like I got shot with a BB gun.