PDA

View Full Version : Does this mean I'm getting old?

Veritas
7/3/2006, 09:06 AM
So I live in a fairly nice condo. One of the reasons I chose to live there was because I figured the high cost would keep the trash out. Yes, I know what makes me an aristocratic *******. GADOCADWI.

Anyway. Some doctor must have decided that his two punk bitch college boys needed to live on the ritzy side of town, because he bought them a place. One of the boys is of the ethnically confused persuasion colloquially known as a "wigger."

I could care less about his flat-billed 76ers hat worn at 33* left of center at a 16.36* pitch from horizontal.

What I do care about is the every time he comes and goes in his crappy Camaro, he feels the need to have his "bumps" cranked up to maximum volume. I kid you not, I can hear him coming from a 1/4 mile away. It's an impressive system.

I have long subscribed to the "if it's to loud, you're too old" philosophy. Hell, I play bass in a ****in' rock band and before long will be playing guitar in a metal band. I have no hearing in my right ear, courtesy of a JVM1800 head through two 4 by cabinets.

But I can feel my brain rattle when this kid pulls in and out and it makes me ****ing hostile. And I'm pretty sure that if it bugs, me, it bugs the older folks as well as the families that live there.

Ordinarily I'd have talked to him about it a while back. But I'm getting tired of getting in confrontations with people about that kind of stuff. Because I'm a big fella, whenever these types of sitz come up, everyone kinda looks at me to solve it, to say what everyone else is too chicken**** to say. This weekend at a Pete Yorn show I had to forcably relocate a young man who ignored repeated requests to stop running into my wife as he drunkenly cavorted around the floor. Yesterday at a movie I nearly came to blows with a young member of the floor-length basketball jersey persuasion who refused to stop carrying on a conversation with his girlfriend in the seat next to me.

So am I just getting old or what?

Scott D
7/3/2006, 09:07 AM
damn you are a cranky beyonce....just go whup some *** chicken**** :D

Soonerbabeinbama
7/3/2006, 09:08 AM
If its too loud - you're too old.

Mjcpr
7/3/2006, 09:09 AM
Tell him how it was when you were a kid, grandpa!!

slickdawg
7/3/2006, 09:11 AM
If its too loud - you're too old.

Yep, you're not too old to swallow

watermelon seeds.

:D

Veritas
7/3/2006, 09:12 AM
That's what I was afraid of.

Anyone have some pants that are long enough to pull up to my waist and an old can of Bryllcreem?

slickdawg
7/3/2006, 09:14 AM
That's what I was afraid of.

Anyone have some pants that are long enough to pull up to my waist and an old can of Bryllcreem?

eh, go to the local thrift shop, you old fart.

SoonerInKCMO
7/3/2006, 09:21 AM
If feeling that way makes you old, I hit geezer-hood at about 23.

colleyvillesooner
7/3/2006, 09:22 AM
So I live in a fairly nice condo. One of the reasons I chose to live there was because I figured the high cost would keep the trash out. Yes, I know what makes me an aristocratic *******. GADOCADWI.

Anyway. Some doctor must have decided that his two punk bitch college boys needed to live on the ritzy side of town, because he bought them a place. One of the boys is of the ethnically confused persuasion colloquially known as a "wigger."

I could care less about his flat-billed 76ers hat worn at 33* left of center at a 16.36* pitch from horizontal.

What I do care about is the every time he comes and goes in his crappy Camaro, he feels the need to have his "bumps" cranked up to maximum volume. I kid you not, I can hear him coming from a 1/4 mile away. It's an impressive system.

I have long subscribed to the "if it's to loud, you're too old" philosophy. Hell, I play bass in a ****in' rock band and before long will be playing guitar in a metal band. I have no hearing in my right ear, courtesy of a JVM1800 head through two 4 by cabinets.

But I can feel my brain rattle when this kid pulls in and out and it makes me ****ing hostile. And I'm pretty sure that if it bugs, me, it bugs the older folks as well as the families that live there.

Ordinarily I'd have talked to him about it a while back. But I'm getting tired of getting in confrontations with people about that kind of stuff. Because I'm a big fella, whenever these types of sitz come up, everyone kinda looks at me to solve it, to say what everyone else is too chicken**** to say. This weekend at a Pete Yorn show I had to forcably relocate a young man who ignored repeated requests to stop running into my wife as he drunkenly cavorted around the floor. Yesterday at a movie I nearly came to blows with a young member of the floor-length basketball jersey persuasion who refused to stop carrying on a conversation with his girlfriend in the seat next to me.

So am I just getting old or what?

My only question:

What movie? ;)

Veritas
7/3/2006, 09:22 AM
My only question:

What movie? ;)
Superman.

Which I give two meh's.

OUHOMER
7/3/2006, 09:25 AM
I guess i am to old too. i would suggest you get some wire cutters and cut his wires to his speakers, or his little pinky off.. which ever

StoopTroup
7/3/2006, 09:53 AM
Crack his windows with a ball peen hammer...toss in a 1 or 2 gallon full gas can with out the lid and top it off with a 10 shot roman candle.

Oh yeah...latex gloves.

YWIA ;)

colleyvillesooner
7/3/2006, 09:54 AM
Superman.

Which I give two meh's.

Going to see it in an hour. Gotta love gift certificates, more dough for popcorn. :D

olevetonahill
7/3/2006, 10:11 AM
Bust a cap in his azz

Fugue
7/3/2006, 10:11 AM
Going to see it in an hour. Gotta love gift certificates, more dough for coffee. :D

:texan:

Beef
7/3/2006, 10:21 AM
Going to see it in an hour. Gotta love gift certificates, more dough for popcorn. :D
If you would work instead of go and see movies, you would have plenty of dough for popcorn.:dean:

the_ouskull
7/3/2006, 11:43 AM
Well, I don't think that you're getting too old. I did the same thing at the movies a while back. There were some young kids, 15-19ish, about five of them, 3 guys, 2 girls, in the row in front of me, and one of the guys was talking to one of the girls for a while before I finally leaned down into him and said something along the lines of, "hey man, do you mind keeping it down?" He looked at me. Didn't respond. Nothing. He just turned around and started talking again, but this time, I was actually paying attention.

"Is that motherf*cker talking to me?"

I didn't hesitate one bit... I leaned down to him and said, "yes, I was talking to you. Now pretty please, with sugar on top, shut the f*ck up." I then stared him and his friend down until they turned around and did as I requested.

I don't think I'm too old. I just ask a little common courtesy... something too many kids don't do anymore because of their p*ssified parents.

the_ouskull

IB4OU2
7/3/2006, 01:01 PM
V, by a few acres and move to the country like I did. You can sit on your front porch on your rocking chair in peace and quiet with spittoon and shotgun handy while you post on SF.com. :D

yermom
7/3/2006, 01:10 PM
more and more i'm thinking i need to do that

i must be getting old too...

Beef
7/3/2006, 01:17 PM
Ditto. I'm just not ready to spend 2 hours a day commuting.

Tear Down This Wall
7/3/2006, 01:21 PM
Dude,
You're right on. I'm afraid it may happen in our neighborhood soon. This weekend, a young couple moved next door to us, and they had the look of stupidity common to all people in their 20s. My wife fears they might have loud parties, and so she's already asking me to show some patience/restraint. I said, "Hon, that's what the police are for." We shall see.

King Crimson
7/3/2006, 01:24 PM
i'm starting to figure out why my great great grandad was living in Oklahoma illegally on Cherokee land before the territory was opened up. and my other GG paw drove cattle back and forth across OK and the Texas panhandle from New Mexico to Missouri.

to paraphrase Sartre: Hell is other people.

King Crimson
7/3/2006, 01:30 PM
Dude,
You're right on. I'm afraid it may happen in our neighborhood soon. This weekend, a young couple moved next door to us, and they had the look of stupidity common to all people in their 20s. My wife fears they might have loud parties, and so she's already asking me to show some patience/restraint. I said, "Hon, that's what the police are for." We shall see.

i hate that sense of impending doom. i had a couple neighbors move in a few years ago...and you could just tell these asshats were gonna be a pain in the ***.

their brief tenure ended with them being overheard (drunk) talking about ****ing in the washer and dryer to "get back" at the other tenants who complained (rightfully, it's in the lease they signed that it's a professional building and quiet)....about their "parties".

the landlord booted them right away, God Bless her.

Tear Down This Wall
7/3/2006, 01:47 PM
Yes, it does cat quite a pall on the psyche to know idiots are nearby, and fully intent on playing their idiocy out to its end.