PDA

View Full Version : List your 2006 firework injuries here...

Jimminy Crimson
7/3/2006, 03:18 AM
I'm safe, so far! :texan:

Melo
7/3/2006, 03:24 AM
Well, I was driving home, and I passed up some hillbillies sitting on the back of a truck in the driveway, watching dad shoot off some fireworks. I passed by and realized too late that my windows were down, so now my truck smells like smoke. Its not a personal injury... but its pretty close.

Jimminy Crimson
7/3/2006, 03:25 AM
Well, I was driving home, and I passed up some hillbillies sitting on the back of a truck in the driveway, watching dad shoot off some fireworks. I passed by and realized too late that my windows were down, so now my truck smells like smoke. Its not a personal injury... but its pretty close.

Firework smoke is one of the greatest smells known to man!

Melo
7/3/2006, 03:27 AM
Firework smoke is one of the greatest smells known to man!

Not when it is enclosed in your car and you have to smell it for days afterward.

And youve obviously never been in Katy on the 4th. Right now, as we speak, there are fireworks going off. They started yesterday. Or was it the day before? I dont know. On the 4th, the air will be so thick, you can smell the gunpowder from inside the house, and you cant see past your front sidewalk. :(

Jimminy Crimson
7/3/2006, 03:28 AM
IN!

yermom
7/3/2006, 04:06 AM
where is this magical place?

SicEmBaylor
7/3/2006, 04:39 AM
where is this magical place?
Hell, I live in Fort Gibson and they've been shooting stuff off at least since Friday. Some pretty big stuff too in the evening...

soonerbrat
7/3/2006, 04:43 AM
big fireworks show here in NOKC last night..not sure where/who was running the show.

I'm not sure where i'm gonna be for the actual 4th, but I hope there will be fireworks there.

BajaOklahoma
7/3/2006, 04:53 AM
We're in a fire ban/water restriction zone. But the fireworks show for our city is going to be a mile north of us this year. It will terrify the wildlife in the area.

Jimminy Crimson
7/3/2006, 10:32 AM
big fireworks show here in NOKC last night..not sure where/who was running the show.

I'm not sure where i'm gonna be for the actual 4th, but I hope there will be fireworks there.

If it was near where you lived, I think it was the joint fireworks/worship thing with QSBC and QSCofC.

hurricane'bone
7/3/2006, 10:50 AM
Grace and Rhema had their shows last night, people were pullin over on the creek and 169 to watch. n00bs....sheesh.

SoonerInKCMO
7/3/2006, 11:29 AM
Not when it is enclosed in your car and you have to smell it for days afterward.

And youve obviously never been in Katy on the 4th. Right now, as we speak, there are fireworks going off. They started yesterday. Or was it the day before? I dont know. On the 4th, the air will be so thick, you can smell the gunpowder from inside the house, and you cant see past your front sidewalk. :(

Sounds like the hillbillies on the east side of KC. I could barely see in front of me on I-70 coming back from a picnic in Independence last year. Guess that's what I get for hanging out near that spaceship looking Mormon building out there.

SoonerInKCMO
7/3/2006, 11:32 AM
Oh - and I'm pretty sure the only injury I'm going to get is a jammed toe or twisted ankle after I go over and stick my foot up some dip****'s *** for setting off an M-80 in the middle of the night. Stupid rednecks. :mad:

reevie
7/3/2006, 11:48 AM
Sounds like the hillbillies on the east side of KC. I could barely see in front of me on I-70 coming back from a picnic in Independence last year. Guess that's what I get for hanging out near that spaceship looking Mormon building out there.

A couple of years ago I was coming home from Knob Noster the week before the 4th. Took Highway 50 to 270 (I think) to 71 down to Joplin. Pretty close to the 270/71 junction there was some hillbilly sitting in a lawn chair, 5 feet from the road firing off black cats or something.

StoopTroup
7/3/2006, 12:57 PM
I just got this out of the drawer...

http://www.abtelectronics.com/images/products/l_9001.jpg

I'll post later tonight or in the morning after the emergency room visit.

SeattleOUstudent
7/3/2006, 01:37 PM
punk burn

ChickSoonerFan
7/3/2006, 01:55 PM
My youngest had a small spark from a sparkler land on her arm Saturday and she went crazy for about 3 seconds. I thought she was over-reacting till it happened to me later :O

that **** hurts.