PDA

View Full Version : OUDoc, mind giving me some free medical advice?

Frozen Sooner
7/2/2006, 12:49 PM
If you do, I'll give you some free insurance advice....

My right foot has been pretty tender for a few weeks-actually, a couple of months.

Hurts to walk on it, basically. The pain is concentrated in the arch.

My first guess is plantar fasciitis, so I've been trying to keep it stretched out and such. However, shouldn't it have gone away by now? Also, when I'm stretching it, I'm starting to get a tingling feeling between my big toe and index toe.

I'm about to lose my foot, aren't I?

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/2/2006, 01:08 PM
You live in Alaska...you have to wear shoes outside...it is COLD!!!! Effin Hillbilly

Jerk
7/2/2006, 01:17 PM
Hey froz, sorry to change the subject, but I'm looking at Google Earth and I have found Eek.

where do you live, buddy?

On the s.e. side of the village, there are a row of houses with alternating green and orange roofs.

There is a massive structure on the s. side of the village. It must be your compound.

Yep, there is a benz parked there in front.

MamaMia
7/2/2006, 01:29 PM
Doc may need to know if you injured your foot recently, or of you are in the habit of getting owies that you don't have a clue from whence they came. I do that.

hurricane'bone
7/2/2006, 01:45 PM
If you do, I'll give you some free insurance advice....

My right foot has been pretty tender for a few weeks-actually, a couple of months.

Hurts to walk on it, basically. The pain is concentrated in the arch.

My first guess is plantar fasciitis, so I've been trying to keep it stretched out and such. However, shouldn't it have gone away by now? Also, when I'm stretching it, I'm starting to get a tingling feeling between my big toe and index toe.

I'm about to lose my foot, aren't I?

Dude...I've had plantar fasciitis for like 2 years now.

Shamrock
7/2/2006, 02:01 PM
Amputate.

Frozen Sooner
7/2/2006, 02:10 PM
Hey froz, sorry to change the subject, but I'm looking at Google Earth and I have found Eek.

where do you live, buddy?

On the s.e. side of the village, there are a row of houses with alternating green and orange roofs.

There is a massive structure on the s. side of the village. It must be your compound.

Yep, there is a benz parked there in front.

Heh. I actually live in Anchorage. One of my good friends built the landing strip in Eek, and the name appeals. I've had Egegik up as my location as well.

jk the sooner fan
7/2/2006, 02:14 PM
i have chronic plantar fascitis

ice those puppies

i take one of those little lunchbox size frozen blocks and rest my foot on it for 15 minutes twice a day

do that with some motrin and after a few days you'll have some relief

Frozen Sooner
7/2/2006, 02:25 PM
i have chronic plantar fascitis

ice those puppies

i take one of those little lunchbox size frozen blocks and rest my foot on it for 15 minutes twice a day

do that with some motrin and after a few days you'll have some relief

Thank you, sir. I appreciate the advice.

I suppose I should probably mention that once I get the foot loosened up it stops hurting.

jk the sooner fan
7/2/2006, 02:41 PM
if you're a weighty guy like me, you're prone to it, especially if you have flat feet (i have ZERO arch)

i cant take the motrin because it tears up my stomach, but 3-4 days on the ice block usually takes care of me for a few months