PDA

View Full Version : More commercials I hate.

GottaHavePride
7/2/2006, 11:57 AM
1. The Newhaven Homes ad. With the dude babbling about how much they love their new house and he says "and finally, a bedroom big enough for my widescreen!" Why they hell would you have a tv in the bedroom at all? Let alone a widescreen. Jeebus, watch tv in the tv room and sleep (or not) in the bedroom. Of course, I don't think kids need tvs in their rooms either and I wouldn't put their computers in their rooms. [/rant]

2. The Mercury auto insurance commercials. The one that says "Oklahoma drivers report saving up to 31% or more." Which is it? Is it up to 31% or is it more than 31%, because it can't be both. Logically exclusive terms. Bastards.

3. The new Cox "Free for three months" commercial. Fat dude in that commercial needs to be kicked in the junk. Hard.

crawfish
7/2/2006, 12:00 PM
1. The Newhaven Homes ad. With the dude babbling about how much they love their new house and he says "and finally, a bedroom big enough for my widescreen!" Why they hell would you have a tv in the bedroom at all? Let alone a widescreen. Jeebus, watch tv in the tv room and sleep (or not) in the bedroom. Of course, I don't think kids need tvs in their rooms either and I wouldn't put their computers in their rooms. [/rant]

:O

Vaevictis
7/2/2006, 12:01 PM
2. The Mercury auto insurance commercials. The one that says "Oklahoma drivers report saving up to 31% or more." Which is it? Is it up to 31% or is it more than 31%, because it can't be both. Logically exclusive terms. Bastards.

Actually, heh, they're not logically exclusive. But when you take the union of them, you essentially have "Oklahoma drivers report saving 0% or more!". :)

GottaHavePride
7/2/2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I just read it as either x<=31% or x>31%. So basically, Oklahoma drivers report saving some percentage between 0 and 100! Which doesn't tell you anything at all. It just sounds really stupid and annoys me. ;)

Frozen Sooner
7/2/2006, 12:06 PM
Er.

I have a widescreen in my bedroom. It's not a bigscreen, but it is a 16:9 aspect ratio TV.

And when you live somewhere that OU kickoffs are at 8am, you'll understand why you need a TV in your bedroom.

edit: And insurance companies that advertise on price alone irritate me anyhow. Geico is huge, but State Farm and Allstate are both bigger on the personal lines. Why? Account retention.

If you win an account on price, you'll lose it on price.

GottaHavePride
7/2/2006, 12:07 PM
Oh, and I thought of another one.

4. Easy Off Bam! Talking about how it dissolves lime, rust, calcium deposits, etc. The dude says "Watch how fast it dissolves solid calcium!" No it isn't. That was a TUMS, wich is calcium carbonate. Solid calcium would have been an oily-looking shiny metal that would have exploded into a ball of fire as soon as it hit that tub full of water. Bastard. Freakin water will dissolve calcium carbonate like that.

Vaevictis
7/2/2006, 12:08 PM
Solid calcium would have been an oily-looking shiny metal that would have exploded into a ball of fire as soon as it hit that tub full of water.

Do you have any idea how much fun that is?

GottaHavePride
7/2/2006, 12:09 PM
Er.

I have a widescreen in my bedroom. It's not a bigscreen, but it is a 16:9 aspect ratio TV.

And when you live somewhere that OU kickoffs are at 8am, you'll understand why you need a TV in your bedroom.

Heh. Yeah, I'd just rather roll out of bed onto the couch for my football watching. Having the tv in the bedroom is a totally foreign concept to me. It could just be the way the dude in the commercial said it, too. I mean, in the commmercial there's his wife laying in bed next to him and he's got this *********-ish grin talking about the tv. Kind of an "Awww yeah, that's a whole lot of pudding - I mean tv" feel to it, you know?

GottaHavePride
7/2/2006, 12:10 PM
Do you have any idea how much fun that is?
Heck yeah! did it several times in chemistry classes. That's why it irritates me when he's acting like a freakin' antacid tablet is solid calcium.

Frozen Sooner
7/2/2006, 12:11 PM
OK, so here's one I hate:

This dude Ted Sadler has these mondo-bad commercials for the "Mattress Ranch." Like bad enough that words are frequently misspelled and he goes into this bizarre shuck and jive to his ad jingle at the end while mouthing the words. Beyond horrible.

Frozen Sooner
7/2/2006, 12:13 PM
Heh. Yeah, I'd just rather roll out of bed onto the couch for my football watching. Having the tv in the bedroom is a totally foreign concept to me. It could just be the way the dude in the commercial said it, too. I mean, in the commmercial there's his wife laying in bed next to him and he's got this *********-ish grin talking about the tv. Kind of an "Awww yeah, that's a whole lot of pudding - I mean tv" feel to it, you know?

OK, I'm going to FURTHER amend this and explain that not only are football kickoffs at 8am, it's 10 degrees outside and you have wood floors.

Not only that, but it's nice to be able to not get out of bed for the Big Ten game if the OU game isn't on until later.

I ain't getting all gussied up for Michigan.

Vaevictis
7/2/2006, 12:14 PM
Heck yeah! did it several times in chemistry classes. That's why it irritates me when he's acting like a freakin' antacid tablet is solid calcium.

There's a video out there of some dude throwing giant chunks of potassium in a lake. It's awesome. :)

GottaHavePride
7/2/2006, 12:14 PM
OK, I'm going to FURTHER amend this and explain that not only are football kickoffs at 8am, it's 10 degrees outside and you have wood floors.

Not only that, but it's nice to be able to not get out of bed for the Big Ten game if the OU game isn't on until later.

I ain't getting all gussied up for Michigan.
Double heh. I think you're ok - you haven't implied that you would ignore your wife (if you had one) for late-night tv viewing. ;)

crawfish
7/2/2006, 12:16 PM
:O

I almost posted, "said the guy who DOESN'T have any kids yet".

:)

Newbomb Turk
7/2/2006, 12:18 PM
I have a TV in my bedroom.
My son has a TV in his bedroom - but he pretty much uses it to play games.
My son also has a computer in his bedroom.

:P

Frozen Sooner
7/2/2006, 12:18 PM
Double heh. I think you're ok - you haven't implied that you would ignore your wife (if you had one) for late-night tv viewing. ;)

I ain't saying I've ever ignored a girl to watch Conan, but I ain't denying it either. ;)

Actually, that's one of the drawbacks to getting some. I tend to not sleep well unless there's some background noise, but if I have a guest I turn off the TV or radio so they can sleep.

Makes it easier to draw "WHORE" on their forehead. :D

crawfish
7/2/2006, 12:24 PM
I ain't saying I've ever ignored a girl to watch Conan, but I ain't denying it either. ;)

Actually, that's one of the drawbacks to getting some. I tend to not sleep well unless there's some background noise, but if I have a guest I turn off the TV or radio so they can sleep.

Makes it easier to strangle them before I put them through my super-powered disposer. :D

Yeah, that's what I thought. :D

Frozen Sooner
7/2/2006, 12:26 PM
That's just hookers. People that'd be missed don't get thrown down the disposal.

People'd notice. THEN where'd I be?

RacerX
7/2/2006, 12:52 PM
Tvs in all the bedrooms. THBBT!

Any prescription drug commercial. I hate them.

There's an injury law firm commercial that airs down here that has Jay Richardson (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0724604/) in it. I wonder how many people have a clue who he is? I don't hate the commercial, it makes me chuckle.

SicEmBaylor
7/2/2006, 04:27 PM
Heh, growing up I not only had a TV in my room but also a computer. Started off with a Commodore 64 and progressed from there. :D

Now, oddly enough though when I moved into my own apartment in college I got rid of the TV in my room. I decided I didn't like my bedroom "cluttered" with stuff.

jk the sooner fan
7/2/2006, 04:40 PM
we have a tv in our bedroom........so SUCK IT!

;)

the chick fil A "yes sweety cowwwwww" commercial drove me to drink...could not stand that ad

the sublymonal commercial bugs me too

Frozen Sooner
7/2/2006, 04:46 PM
Toldja we probably had stuff in common.

StoopTroup
7/2/2006, 06:25 PM
Any Vagina Cream or monthly pad commercial gets the channel changed.

AllAboutThe'O'
7/2/2006, 09:13 PM
The new Cox "Free for three months" commercial. Fat dude in that commercial needs to be kicked in the junk. Hard.
The Cox cable Digital Max character is beginning to annoy me as well.

Mongo
7/2/2006, 09:20 PM
Burger King commercials with the motoX chicken and that cheesy song. And that commercial with those two lawyers jumping in the pool(maybe just in OKC), didnt one of those guys off himself?

AllAboutThe'O'
7/5/2006, 10:42 PM
Another ad that's driving me up the wall is the Ford ad with the American Idol guy with the prematurely gray hair singing about "Possi-bilities."

BajaOklahoma
7/5/2006, 11:12 PM
HMS - that guy gives me the creeps. Bless his heart.

And I think I seem to remember that someone's sister has a computer in her room......

Newbomb Turk
7/6/2006, 07:12 AM
At The Beach tanning place, with that obnoxious cartoon lady.

jk the sooner fan
7/6/2006, 07:39 AM
HMS - that guy gives me the creeps. Bless his heart.

i met him, he is definitely as creepy in person as he is on tv

i'd be happy if i didnt hear "thanks by owner" again......

crawfish
7/6/2006, 07:47 AM
Hands down, the worst commercial is the one for the toenail fungus treatment. I have no idea who it is, I never stay tuned long enough. :mad:

RacerX
7/6/2006, 08:14 AM
Head On, apply directly to the forehead

etouffee
7/6/2006, 08:24 AM
Head On, apply directly to the foreheadI can't figure out what's dumber: that commercial or anyone who would fall for it and actually buy that crap.

Frozen Sooner
7/6/2006, 09:58 AM

Bingo.

mdklatt
7/6/2006, 10:05 AM

Most annyoing commercial EVAR in the history of commercials.

What the hell is Head On in the first place? :confused:

skycat
7/6/2006, 10:31 AM
Am I the only one who watches those Mac commercials and wants to kick annoying Mac boy in the scrotum?

etouffee
7/6/2006, 10:34 AM
Most annyoing commercial EVAR in the history of commercials.

What the hell is Head On in the first place? :confused:

It's a bogus homeopathic headache remedy in the form of a rollon.

GottaHavePride
7/6/2006, 10:37 AM
Am I the only one who watches those Mac commercials and wants to kick annoying Mac boy in the scrotum?

Yeah, it's kind of funny. I just watch those and think "you mean people have trouble getting pcs to work right? Who knew the country was full of idiots?"

RacerX
7/6/2006, 10:38 AM

Touché

SoonerInKCMO
7/6/2006, 10:46 AM
Am I the only one who watches those Mac commercials and wants to kick every annoying Mac user in the scrotum?

Fixed. ;)

NormanPride
7/6/2006, 11:23 AM
How about that "Wireless Wonders" crap that they spew on the radio every 12 seconds? It seems like there's a new radio commercial that annoys me every few days. The stations play the damn thing 500 times in an hour and by the second day of that I have to go to therapy just to get the nervous tics to go away. :mad:

mdklatt
7/6/2006, 11:27 AM
It's a bogus homeopathic headache remedy in the form of a rollon.

Did you get that from the commercial?

etouffee
7/6/2006, 11:28 AM
nope. google.

mdklatt
7/6/2006, 11:29 AM
nope. google.

That commercial is really doing it's job then. :rolleyes:

skycat
7/6/2006, 11:32 AM
If we're getting into radio commercials, add every single commercial that includes sirens/squealing breaks/car wreck sounds.

:mad::mad::mad:

NormanPride
7/6/2006, 11:35 AM
If we're getting into radio commercials, add every single commercial that includes sirens/squealing breaks/car wreck sounds.

:mad::mad::mad:

Seriously. That should be illegal.

etouffee
7/6/2006, 11:39 AM

:mad::mad::mad: Let's not forget about horns.

Sooners78
7/6/2006, 01:13 PM
I don't like any commercial that portrays men as total idiots while the wife has it all together. I boycott all of those products.

Mjcpr
7/6/2006, 01:53 PM
Let's not forget about horns.

Amen, brotha!

IB4OU2
7/6/2006, 02:02 PM
The Edmond Hyundai commercials are the worst.........does that dip***t really think he's funny?

OUstud
7/9/2006, 11:07 PM
Those new Gwartney Ford commercials suck. Not Steve Owens' fault, they just really do. As do/did the sublymonal ads, Pepto Bismol "nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diahrrea" (I don't want to see people squat as they say diahrrea. Sorry.), the ones with the bald dude with the huge eyes that does bed ads and satellite ads, and "STOP SAVE NOW AT OKLAHOMA'S DISCOUNT FURNITURE, three great locations."

SicEmBaylor
7/9/2006, 11:38 PM
I hate that VW commercial (i think it's VW) where the guy is just driving with a friend and all of a sudden *BAM* has a collision.

critical_phil
7/9/2006, 11:49 PM
in other commerical-related news, the new and improved geico gecko is awesome.

o' course i'll sit wi' the kids. you're like a brother t'me..........

proud gonzo
7/10/2006, 12:04 AM

Makes it easier to draw "WHORE" on their forehead. :D

you need to find a girl who snores really loud to give you some background noise then :D

(note: I do not snore)