PDA

View Full Version : rant about concert goers

OUHOMER
7/2/2006, 09:08 AM
Ok, we go to see 38 special last night a frontier city, great concert BUT. The next time I see somebody throw the hook’em sign to encourage the band I am going to go nuts. I don’t know why, but this just ****es me off to no end. What is up with that? The guy in front of me saw some in front of him doing it. He had his OU gear on and started throwing the sign. I told my daughter that they should allow me to bring a pair of wire cutters so I could cut off his pinky finger. He heard me turned around looked at me like I was crazy. I gave him the old stare and he quit throwing the sign. But why do people do this, is it just me, but I just want to slap the sh!$ out of them. Freaking idiots.

Sorry I had to let it out. Still ****es me off every time I think about it..

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Carry on

LilSooner
7/2/2006, 09:31 AM
There is a difference between the rock on sign and the texass sign. I know they are similar, but there is a difference.

yermom
7/2/2006, 09:37 AM
they're um, showing some "metal"

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00004TCPN.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

ChickSoonerFan
7/2/2006, 09:48 AM
heh

OUHOMER
7/2/2006, 10:01 AM
My hands can not conform, unless the fingers are pointed down. NO MATTER WHAT.

OUHOMER
7/2/2006, 10:06 AM
OH sometimes I am hard headed about things

GottaHavePride
7/2/2006, 11:50 AM
The dude was probably wearing the t-shirt of the band he went to see to the concert, too. Don't be that guy.

Hatfield
7/2/2006, 12:41 PM
OU HOmer = old fuddy duddy.

next time stay at home and clean your dentures old man.

ROCK OUT WITH YOUR....well you know

OUHOMER
7/2/2006, 01:04 PM
OU HOmer = old fuddy duddy.

next time stay at home and clean your dentures old man.

ROCK OUT WITH YOUR....well you know

DOnt have dentures yet:D

oumartin
7/2/2006, 02:21 PM
DOnt have dentures yet

you will have next time you threaten to cut off my pinky with wire cutters :D

Newbomb Turk
7/2/2006, 02:39 PM
I knew martin was a closet whorn fan. :mad:

oumartin
7/2/2006, 02:47 PM
I knew martin was a closet whore fan

actually i'm not in the closet about this!

Melo
7/2/2006, 03:14 PM
There is a difference between the rock on sign and the texass sign. I know they are similar, but there is a difference.

She speaks the truth. There is a difference.

OUHOMER
7/2/2006, 04:00 PM
throw a sign to a gang member. You may have another meaning for the sign, but they will kill you just the same.

Melo
7/2/2006, 04:10 PM
throw a sign to a gang member. You may have another meaning for the sign, but they will kill you just the same.

Who throws random signs at gang members? I thought we were talking about bands. :confused:

Is that important to you that a bunch of toked up folk enjoying some music use a hand sign that is similar to the whorn sign? I think the 'If you dont like it, dont read it' rule applies here. There's a lot more of then who dont care than there is of you, who does care.

And drugged up folks enjoying music dont like to be distracted. :D ;)

SicEmBaylor
7/2/2006, 04:19 PM
I'm afraid I'm with him on this. There's not a force on this God's green earth that could ever get me to throw up a hook 'em regardless of the meaning, context, or minor differences (i think it has to do with the placement of the thumb but I'm not sure.).

Mixer!
7/2/2006, 04:22 PM
Thumb tucked = Hook 'em

Thumb extended = RAWK!!

KC//CRIMSON
7/2/2006, 04:24 PM
I stopped reading at 38 Special.:les:

Newbomb Turk
7/2/2006, 04:29 PM
38 Special was OK - in the 80's.

85Sooner
7/2/2006, 05:21 PM
Thumb tucked = Hook 'em

Thumb extended = RAWK!!

Acurate and started by Gene simmons from kiss and yes it is documented

Sooner24
7/2/2006, 06:08 PM
Ok, we go to see 38 special last night a frontier city, great concert BUT. The next time I see somebody throw the hook’em sign to encourage the band I am going to go nuts. I don’t know why, but this just ****es me off to no end. What is up with that? The guy in front of me saw some in front of him doing it. He had his OU gear on and started throwing the sign. I told my daughter that they should allow me to bring a pair of wire cutters so I could cut off his pinky finger. He heard me turned around looked at me like I was crazy. I gave him the old stare and he quit throwing the sign. But why do people do this, is it just me, but I just want to slap the sh!$ out of them. Freaking idiots.

Sorry I had to let it out. Still ****es me off every time I think about it..

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Carry on

Was this the guy in front of you?

http://cristal.inria.fr/~harley/pics/bnb.experience.gif

King Crimson
7/2/2006, 06:10 PM
.38 Special used to play at the LNC about 3 times a year from about 1979-1984....and were legend for playing golf at Westwood before the show.

my parents yard was close to Imhoff and after a .38 Special show there was usually a half a lawn bag of bud, coors, lone star, and black label bottles and cans on the grass. this i remember.

oumartin
7/2/2006, 06:12 PM
.38 special will always be dear to my heart!

KC//CRIMSON
7/2/2006, 06:13 PM
Acurate and started by Gene simmons from kiss and yes it is documented

and Ronnie James Dio started this: \m/

King Crimson
7/2/2006, 06:16 PM
Dio>Gene Simmons

(and, yes, i know where this will go...)

nevertheless:

"When there's lightening......!"

http://www.metal-rules.com/zine/images/stories/interviews/Dio/dio%20-%20holy%20diver.jpg

royalfan5
7/2/2006, 06:39 PM
Ronnie James Dio should be mentioned in every thread. He's that awesome.

KC//CRIMSON
7/2/2006, 07:54 PM
Dio>Gene Simmons

(and, yes, i know where this will go...)

nevertheless:

"When there's lightening......!"

http://www.metal-rules.com/zine/images/stories/interviews/Dio/dio%20-%20holy%20diver.jpg

Holy Diver = Metal Classic :cool:

King Crimson
7/2/2006, 08:00 PM
.38 special will always be dear to my heart!

by now they've got to be .58 Special....

:D

King Crimson
7/2/2006, 08:03 PM
YMSSRA for Royal and KC//.

hell yeah.

if i still had that cassette i'd rock it right now. Dio played OKC Civic Center on the Holy Diver tour....i know people who went...though i did not. i was kind of young and my mom was having no part of it.