PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: My dad is an effing hillbilly!!

Mongo
7/1/2006, 10:53 PM
I ate diiner with my pops, mom, and my wife. My dad had ordered the T-bone steak. We were all finishing up and the waitress shows up to take our plates. My dad basically dusted off that steak except for the connective tissue and tiny morsels of meat still on the bone. The waitress starts grabbing his plate and he asked for a to-go box. The look on her face was priceless. There wasnt anything left worth taking home. He then says, "I'll take that home and gnaw on it, it still has some good stuff on it."

Needless to say I am embarrassed about tonights events. I am praying his hillbilly genetics he passed on to me are dormant.

hurricane'bone
7/1/2006, 11:09 PM
Thats...uhh...pretty bad.

Vaevictis
7/1/2006, 11:10 PM
It's not that bad. He did at least take it home instead of starting to gnaw on it right there in the restaurant.

(... been there, done that.)

Frozen Sooner
7/2/2006, 12:53 AM
Awesome.

Hell, she doesn't know. Maybe he has a dog.

PhilTLL
7/2/2006, 12:57 AM
Awesome.

Hell, she doesn't know. Maybe he has a dog.

'Cept for this part:

He then says, "I'll take that home and gnaw on it, it still has some good stuff on it."

Frozen Sooner
7/2/2006, 12:58 AM
The expression was before the explanation.

BajaOklahoma
7/2/2006, 01:11 AM
When I was a newlywed, my f-i-l would ocassionally take his kids and spouses out to eat as a group. There were a few times that he saw the prices and we had to leave. A pizza place!
When we take the in-laws out to eat, he has to have a menu with no prices on it. I can't stand how he whines about the prices - especially since we are paying.

olevetonahill
7/2/2006, 01:49 AM
So where is your Bone ?:confused:

OUinFLA
7/2/2006, 07:11 AM
My late f-i-l used to do the same thing.

Oh, and Baja, next time you're buying, give me a call.

VeeJay
7/2/2006, 07:50 AM
My F-I-L, rest his soul, would look for any reason to get his meals comped. He'd complain vociferously to a waiter about a wilted piece of lettuce in his salad. I heard him say "Look at that - would you eat that?" Then the manager, probably a 70 hour a week schmuck with a marriage teetering on divorce, would come over with puppy dog eyes and give him his meal for free just to get his *** out of there.

crawfish
7/2/2006, 10:37 AM
Heh.

My grandmother once sent a steak at Applewood's back...4 times...because there was still pink in it. My dad finally whispered to the waiter, "burn it". They did, and she said it was the best steak she'd ever had.

BajaOklahoma
7/2/2006, 11:03 AM
My late f-i-l used to do the same thing.

Oh, and Baja, next time you're buying, give me a call.

When are you going to be in Dallas? We can join the cool lunch group. :P

Mongo
7/2/2006, 11:09 AM
When are you going to be in Dallas? We can join the cool lunch group. :P

Hey!!! Dont turn my thread into one of those Dallas lunch get-togethers:D

JohnnyMack
7/2/2006, 11:13 AM
My sister, for some unbeknownst reason, has developed into the cheapest person on the planet. I refuse to go to fast food restaurants with her as she perpetually complains about the quality (of a .99 Taco Bueno burrito mind you) all in an effort to get free sh*t.

VeeJay
7/2/2006, 12:38 PM
My FIL and his wife took a two week trip a couple of years ago to visit people all over the Midwest and South. When they got back, they bragged that they only had to pay one night for a hotel the whole time they were gone. When they weren't crashing at friend's or relative's houses, they had to stay in hotels. FIL bragged because he got his room one night at Hampton Inn comped. He complained to the Front Desk the morning they left that there was no hot water in the shower, and he killed a wasp in the room. Offered to show the manager the wasp - it was still dead on top of the bed. Manager said how sorry he was that they didn't enjoy the stay and they got it free.

He actually bragged about pulling these stunts.

BajaOklahoma
7/2/2006, 01:00 PM
Hey!!! Dont turn my thread into one of those Dallas lunch get-togethers:D

It would guarantee this thread would go to three pages. :P

Newbomb Turk
7/2/2006, 02:06 PM
funny story Mongo.

Reading the other stories, seems to be lots of cheap FIL's. My late FIL was a cheap *** too - great guy but cheap.

Frozen Sooner
7/2/2006, 02:30 PM
My father is a straight-up cheap-***.

Common refrain on family vacations-"We're not here to see the hotel, we're here to be in x.

Then we'd check in to a Motel 6 or something.

Which isn't to say that I wasn't grateful for the trip and all, but jeez.

VeeJay
7/2/2006, 02:50 PM
My dad is cheap also. Meaning, Cracker Barrel is fine dining. All you can eat buffets have a certain swankiness to them.

But he hasn't ever tried to openly rip off businesses like my FIL did.

When I was growing up, on vacation if we had to stay in a hotel, it was usually Alamo Plaza. Once he discovered camping, we'd get by on about $6 a night.

BudSooner
7/2/2006, 05:33 PM
Number one reason I never ever go to dinner with the in laws, is due to the above stated comments.

Mongo
7/2/2006, 07:28 PM
My inlaws arent that bad in a public setting. hell, my FIL encourages a fine dining experience, which is directly related to me growing bitch tittays. You get my inlaws in a family get-together, I have no idea what they are talking about when they start speaking that odd language: Hillbillyish. It is a mix between Creole and jibberish.

MamaMia
7/2/2006, 07:32 PM
I ate diiner with my pops, mom, and my wife. My dad had ordered the T-bone steak. We were all finishing up and the waitress shows up to take our plates. My dad basically dusted off that steak except for the connective tissue and tiny morsels of meat still on the bone. The waitress starts grabbing his plate and he asked for a to-go box. The look on her face was priceless. There wasnt anything left worth taking home. He then says, "I'll take that home and gnaw on it, it still has some good stuff on it."

Needless to say I am embarrassed about tonights events. I am praying his hillbilly genetics he passed on to me are dormant.
Oh, I cant breath. Oh mercy. Thats is so funny. :D

I would spek you twice if I could. :P

Sooner24
7/2/2006, 08:47 PM
My dad is cheap also. Meaning, Cracker Barrel is fine dining. All you can eat buffets have a certain swankiness to them.

But he hasn't ever tried to openly rip off businesses like my FIL did.

When I was growing up, on vacation if we had to stay in a hotel, it was usually Alamo Plaza. Once he discovered camping, we'd get by on about $6 a night.

There is nothing wrong with Cracker Barrel but cheap it's not.