PDA

View Full Version : Back from our vacation to the NE...

Soonrboy
7/1/2006, 10:37 PM
thanks to sooneron and VK and others for their insight into our family vacation around the northeast.

Some highlights:
Niagara Falls..very cool
The Staten Island Ferry..very peaceful
The Madison Hotel in New Jersey and taking the train into the city..very easy to do. The subway not so much easy, but doable.

Times Square/Broadway was absolutely our favorite part of the whole trip. It was simply amazing. The Barbecure place down the street from the toys r us was awesome.

I was amazed at how nice and helpful people were. We just told the subway people what we needed and they walked us through what to do.

Watched the gay pride parade from the Empire State building. My daughter saw painted lady titties. It wasn't pretty, we do have pictures though.

Philadelphia..ehhhh..lots of security. We were there at the same time every high school in america was touring.

Baltimore. Very cool city. The aquarium was very neat.

Washington DC...we were there the day after the floods and most of the museums were closed, so this day was a big bust. We did see the president going through...a helicopter flies over first to check the route then the motorcade came through. 2 guys with big guns hanging out the window in the last suburban.

On the way back we drove through the Shenondoah Valley on I-68, I think. I can honestly say it was one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. Almost breathtaking.

3600 Miles later, our happy asses are so glad to be back, but it was a great time.

Newbomb Turk
7/1/2006, 10:43 PM
sounds cool.

We did a 3000+ mile trip a couple of years ago that included Yellowstone.

I'll never try to drive that far in a short period again.

Soonrboy
7/1/2006, 10:53 PM
The kids did pretty well, but they drew the proverbial line down the middle of the seat a couple of times. Thank gawd for dvd players and earphones. Also thank you High School Musical. I don't know how many times they watched it, nor do I really care. I didn't have to listen to it!

AllAboutThe'O'
7/2/2006, 12:08 AM
Times Square/Broadway was absolutely our favorite part of the whole trip. It was simply amazing. The Barbecure place down the street from the toys r us was awesome.

I was amazed at how nice and helpful people were. We just told the subway people what we needed and they walked us through what to do.
So apparently the perception of New Yorkers as rude appears to be a myth.

Vaevictis
7/2/2006, 12:50 AM
So apparently the perception of New Yorkers as rude appears to be a myth.

I suspect it's more of a statistical anomaly that they didn't run into any rude people. Or just obliviousness, they probably missed all the nasty "f'in tourist" stares they were getting ;)

Frozen Sooner
7/2/2006, 12:52 AM
Sounds like a fun trip, man.

I can't believe you ate Barbeque in NEW YORK CITY! :D

Tailwind
7/2/2006, 08:06 AM
Get a rope!

Tailwind
7/2/2006, 08:06 AM
Oh wait...that for salsa, isn't it?

StoopTroup
7/2/2006, 08:17 AM
Washington DC...we were there the day after the floods and most of the museums were closed, so this day was a big bust. We did see the president going through...a helicopter flies over first to check the route then the motorcade came through. 2 guys with big guns hanging out the window in the last suburban.
Sounds like the Vice-President was on another hunting expedition. :D

I've been to the Baltimore Aquarium...it is a very cool place.

Soonrboy
7/2/2006, 10:35 AM
Sounds like a fun trip, man.

I can't believe you ate Barbeque in NEW YORK CITY! :D

I can't either...we did get our vendor fill for lunch. Dogs and a pretzel. We like the cheap lunch.