PDA

View Full Version : My Home Is Drama Queen Central

VeeJay
7/1/2006, 07:45 AM
My six year old has her two cousins (ages 9 and 8) visiting this weekend. It's not even 9 o'clock in the A.M. and they're already tattle telling on each other because one or the other won't share the computer. Currently, one of 'em is pouting in the bed 'cause I asked her to share the computer. Wonder if the scars will ever heal?

Mrs. VJ went out to breakfast with a friend, so I have the privilege and distinct honor of keeping the peace. And I don't like it. :(

MamaMia
7/1/2006, 07:58 AM
Why are you on the computer that the sad little girl in the bedroom could be using? :confused:

VeeJay
7/1/2006, 08:06 AM
'Coz postin' about my misplaced parentin' duties is much more important.

BajaOklahoma
7/1/2006, 08:15 AM
Breakfast at McDonalds?

VeeJay
7/1/2006, 08:24 AM
No - they already had pop tarts.

I just had to tell them no more tattle telling. 10 minutes at a time on the computer, then the other one gets a turn.

If things don't improve I am going to take some sleeping pills or something.

Preservation Parcels
7/1/2006, 08:34 AM
I liked the "Blood and Fire" rule, especially when I was on the phone. If there was blood or fire, they should tell me. Otherwise, they should work things out themselves. It sounds like you gave them good parameters within which to do just that. To help with the 10 minute changeover, they could even set a timer themselves.

You might want to feed them something with protein, too. Pop tarts send them soaring and then make them irritable.

"We're not raising children. We're raising adults."

OUinFLA
7/1/2006, 09:20 AM
I assume once Mrs. VeeJay returns you would be interested in
a long fishing trip?
a few dozen games of pool at the bar?
an evening out at Cheetah's III?

slickdawg
7/1/2006, 09:24 AM
"there will be no peace in his house" - slickwife

ChickSoonerFan
7/1/2006, 09:39 AM
I liked the "Blood and Fire" rule, especially when I was on the phone. If there was blood or fire, they should tell me. Otherwise, they should work things out themselves. It sounds like you gave them good parameters within which to do just that. To help with the 10 minute changeover, they could even set a timer themselves.

You might want to feed them something with protein, too. Pop tarts send them soaring and then make them irritable.

"We're not raising children. We're raising adults."

Great advice....more protein, less sugar.

Last night my house was full of girls..ALL girls

1 - one year old
1 - four year old
2 - five year olds
2 - eleven year olds
3 - moms
1 - grandma

There was one granpda for a bit, he set up all the chair in the yard for us, made sure we were set, then went to a movie...smart man.

If I survived, you can too. Deep breaths help.

GOOD LUCK!!

VeeJay
7/1/2006, 09:52 AM
Got 'em in the pool. Mrs. VJ just called and is on the way home.

I think I'll make it.

Scott D
7/1/2006, 09:53 AM
I thought this thread would be about Stanley and doleo going to visit VJ ;)

ChickSoonerFan
7/1/2006, 09:57 AM
Water play is always good. We had pools and sprinklers going last night.

StoopTroup
7/1/2006, 10:02 AM
VJ...

Tell them that Mrs. VJ is on the way back home and she has a huge surprise for them if they are good.

When she gets there...tell her you need to go to the store and quickly leave for the bar.

YWIA ;)

IB4OU2
7/1/2006, 10:57 AM
Having two precious daughters and a sweet wife, fishing, hunting and golf are my favorite hobbies because I have to be away from home to participate in any of them...:D

Just kiddin' hun.....:eek:

MamaMia
7/1/2006, 11:42 AM
Having two precious daughters and a sweet wife, fishing, hunting and golf are my favorite hobbies because I have to be away from home to participate in any of them...:D

Just kiddin' hun.....:eek:As far as boys, my husband only has our 1 son and 1 grandson; then theres me, 3 precious daughters, all in their 20s and 4 precious granddaughters ages 2, 4, 6 and 8. He goes outside to empty the trash and quietly rolls the truck out of the drive. :D