PDA

View Full Version : ouinsider.com = Oh my stars!

MamaMia
6/30/2006, 08:16 PM
My daughter, and OU student just showed me several other Sooner message boards. Most of them seemed fairly tame but theres this one thats called The Owen Field on this web site which is ouinsider.com.

That place is horrid! :eek: They have this one moderator called Sebad4OU that is a bonified nut case, and most of the people who are on there are so rude, even to other Sooners like themselves. I understand that most of them are students? I didn't know we had any OU fans like that. We didnt when I was in school. I must say that I'm rather shocked. I think I'll pass on that place.

All I know is that I'm very grateful to be a member of this community. :)

yermom
6/30/2006, 08:22 PM
you forgot to mention how bad the board software is ;)

i generally don't even bother lurking over there...

Newbomb Turk
6/30/2006, 08:25 PM
I used to post there...quite a bit.

I noticed the same thing you did mom - too much hate. Haven't been back in a long time.

oh - and the big sig pictures everyone had drove me nuts.

fossil
6/30/2006, 08:31 PM
My daughter, and OU student just showed me several other Sooner message boards. Most of them seemed fairly tame but theres this one thats called The Owen Field on this web site which is ouinsider.com.

That place is horrid! :eek: They have this one moderator called Sebad4OU that is a bonified nut case, and most of the people who are on there are so rude, even to other Sooners like themselves. I understand that most of them are students? I didn't know we had any OU fans like that. We didnt when I was in school. I must say that I'm rather shocked. I think I'll pass on that place.

Sorry you had to experience that. That's the reason I like this board We do have our share of wild and crazy folks here, but for the most part, it is pretty cordial and there's a lot of good football knowledge available here. I read and learn a lot more than I post because I have nothing to offer when it comes to knowledge of how the game should be played. I know only one thing! I love the Sooners and would walk through hell in a gasoline jacket before I'd ever switch my loyalties. BOOMER!!!!

MamaMia
6/30/2006, 08:33 PM
The administrators deleted a bunch of threads right as we were reading along. I think it was because that Sebad4OU moderator was attacking people left and right for no apparent reason. You would think that at the very least the moderators would be normal folks. That person was totally insane. :eek:

Oh my, I hope those people dont come over here.

Newbomb Turk
6/30/2006, 08:45 PM
You would think that at the very least the moderators would be normal folks.

You would think that, but admin's are pretty much crazy folk no matter what board you are on. ;)

MamaMia
6/30/2006, 08:47 PM
You would think that, but admin's are pretty much crazy folk no matter what board you are on. ;)Oh, I know you really like ours. :D I do too.

King Crimson
6/30/2006, 08:50 PM
remember, it's the summer. you should see that place during the season.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/30/2006, 08:52 PM
You would think that, but admin's are pretty much crazy folk no matter what board you are on. ;)

:mad:

the board owners have trolls to stir people up...

MamaMia
6/30/2006, 09:10 PM
remember, it's the summer. you should see that place during the season.
If it gets any worse than I just witnessed, then they would do well to sign on some more intelligent moderators with some better judgment skills and some manners.

Here is a thread where that Sebad4OU moderator fellow is actually calling people "lazy" and my daughter said that he wrote on his profile that his hobby is irritating people. Lovely. :rolleyes:

http://mb22.scout.com/fouinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=129573.topic

King Crimson
6/30/2006, 09:13 PM

that would never happen here.

birddog
6/30/2006, 09:23 PM
that place is no good. i've never posted on any other board. i like the familiarity of all the names when i get on here.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/1/2006, 01:04 AM
that would never happen here.

yeah, like they even post...

Boston Sooner
7/1/2006, 02:37 AM
OK, since it doesn't sound like many...or any maybe...post on Owen Field (that's the name of the football board), I'll try to explain a couple of things since I do all of the time.

First of all, the Mods (moderators or administrators) have always been extremely helpful to me and monitor the board pretty well. What has been occurring a lot lately is that there will be 4 threads started about the same story, which dilutes the quality of the opinions on that subject. So the Mods are trying somewhat to keep it 1 thread for each story so that all opinions and a good overall discussion can be had.

Now the way Sebad wrote his post...I understand why you would see it as being rude. However, the majority of those who post on the board are on there all the time, so there are a ton of inside or sarcastic kinds of jokes and comments. Trust me though, the Mods aren't trying to insult anybody.

In fact, if you were to post ANYTHING on a Texas' board or Okie St.'s board as an OU fan, they ban you a lot of the time even if it's a harmless post. The Mods on Owen field are allow and in fact want fans of a large variety of schools to be on there, posting their opinions. And if they are treated without respect by an OU poster, the Mods will possibly suspend and at least send a message to the OU fan. *Edit: The OU Mods protect the posters on the board and enforce the rules of no namecalling and treating other posters with respect...although if they know the poster, they may send a message that is basically the equivilant of an inside joke. And if somebody doesn't get it, then they can ask and it will be explained. It's really not that negative or unfriendly of a board at all in my opinion or experience.

This board is absolutely different and not nearly as hard core in some of the approaches I would say. And I like both, just b/c I like to talk OU football and I don't really care about the tone of the posts...as long as they are respectful. But if a poster I know makes a sarcastic comment, I'm going to laugh along w/ everyone else. The majority of the time though, I'm there to talk OU football and it's a great site for doing that. JMO

David Earl
7/1/2006, 07:24 AM
yeah, like they even post...

I'm not even going to reply to this.

In any way.

Not even with a post refusing to reply.

MamaMia
7/1/2006, 07:46 AM
Boston Sooner,
You say in your post that the "mods have always been extremely helpful to [you]." What exactly did you need help with on a message board?

Your description and explanation would not apply at all to what I saw. Not even close. I know rude and nasty behavior when I see it. Maybe the other moderators are okay but that one guy, sebad, as you call him, is a total fruit cake. He threw a temper tantrum right there on the front page of that site and to fellow Sooners for all the internet world to see and then the threads were deleted. You know that fans from other schools had to of seen that embarrassing display of behavior.

You claim that the threads were closed because they were duplicates. During the half hour or so that we were reading the topics, what we saw was that at first that were just locked, then they were deleted. Why didn't Sebad4OU just delete them to begin with? You may suggest to your little buddy, Sebad, as you call him, that the smart and mature thing to do in that case would have been to politely offer a link to the original thread instead of locking threads with wise crack remarks and calling people names.

It was quite obvious to me that your moderator friend was throwing a temper tantrum, and from what I read, others shared that assessment and several comments were made that would indicate that he has a history of this type of behavior.

lovesOU
7/1/2006, 09:17 AM
I may get banned for this but I get more OU info on Owen Field than I do here. Yes,some of the mods and posters are rude and arrogant but I just ignore that and skim and read items I'm interested in. Some of the posters are very knowledgeable. I do think the board could be moderated better.

I'll be frank and say that I don't pick up much here from the posters although Ii come over once a day or so. Every now and then I find good stuff. Many of you are knowledgeable but often threads degenerate into pure silliness which I guess is the personality of this board and if that is OK with you all then fine.

Under another username several years ago I tried to post here and make some what I thought were good comments and would ask questions about your tailgate etc and would be ignored so quit trying. I had to get new username for some technical reason. I am an OU grad and very long time season ticket holder so don't accuse me of being an opponent.

Flame away.

Boston Sooner
7/1/2006, 09:37 AM
Boston Sooner,
You say in your post that the "mods have always been extremely helpful to [you]." What exactly did you need help with on a message board?

Your description and explanation would not apply at all to what I saw. Not even close. I know rude and nasty behavior when I see it. Maybe the other moderators are okay but that one guy, sebad, as you call him, is a total fruit cake. He threw a temper tantrum right there on the front page of that site and to fellow Sooners for all the internet world to see and then the threads were deleted. You know that fans from other schools had to of seen that embarrassing display of behavior.

You claim that the threads were closed because they were duplicates. During the half hour or so that we were reading the topics, what we saw was that at first that were just locked, then they were deleted. Why didn't Sebad4OU just delete them to begin with? You may suggest to your little buddy, Sebad, as you call him, that the smart and mature thing to do in that case would have been to politely offer a link to the original thread instead of locking threads with wise crack remarks and calling people names.

It was quite obvious to me that your moderator friend was throwing a temper tantrum, and from what I read, others shared that assessment and several comments were made that would indicate that he has a history of this type of behavior.

Wow. You talk some good smack yourself here. First of all, I will answer your question about how the Moderators have helped me. When I first signed up for the board, I didn't know what the common terms used meant, I didn't know how to add pictures and/or change my sig, etc., and there have been plenty of times since where I've had general questions about how to get tickets, where to get info, and a ton of other things. And every time I've asked either Scotty22 or Baeksu, they have been more than happy to help me.

Second, I'm not a friend in any way of SebadOU (his nickname on the board and the only name by which I know any of the Mods or admin. I will say that he's not my favorite Mod b/c he is a little harsh some of the time, but he still does a fairly good job. However, I think he's fairly new at being a Mod and the main administrators have been trying to clean up the board for the last few months, so maybe that motivates his style. And on the thread in question, usually when they are trying to send a message to the posters on a thread that for whatever reason needs to be shut down, they make a final post saying what the problem is, shut down the thread, and remove it after a while. As far as his language goes and the fact it offended you...I suggest you contact Scotty22 and/or Baeksu about it b/c I guarantee you that he would be helpful in the situation, as long as your private message is respectful. But I agree that SebadOU is sometimes too harsh, and that was one of the times.

However, I don't know him, and as I said I'm not his friend and have no idea who he is other than a Mod on a OU football discussion board. But for somebody who apparently is easily offended, you sure did your best to get under my skin and try to get at me. But I couldn't care less. If you want to think I'm his friend or he's my "moderator friend", then by all means, think that. As I said, I really don't care. I simply want to point out that this was an isolated incident, and that normally Owen Field is a very fun and respectful place to post info...and especially get info...about OU football.

And as I said, if you ever have a problem with anyone...including one of the Mods (like SebadOU), simply send a PM (private message) to Scotty22 and/or Baeksu. Baeksu is a more experienced Mod who helps me all the time, and Scotty is either Admin or a VERY experienced Mod who is also very helpful. So either send a complaint to them and get it taken care of, or you have nothing to complain about IMO. If you contact those 2 and they don't help you, then I'll apologize to you myself. But if you don't even try to contact them, then I'm not wasting my time on somebody who is going to demonize and stereotype an entire board based on the comments of 1 Mod without even trying to contact another Mod or admin to get an explanation.

Hope that answers your questions, and I look forward to hearing back about what type of response you get from the 2 Mods I said you should contact.

David Earl
7/1/2006, 09:39 AM
I may get banned for this but I get more OU info on Owen Field than I do here. Yes,some of the mods and posters are rude and arrogant but I just ignore that and skim and read items I'm interested in. Some of the posters are very knowledgeable. I do think the board could be moderated better.

I'll be frank and say that I don't pick up much here from the posters although Ii come over once a day or so. Every now and then I find good stuff. Many of you are knowledgeable but often threads degenerate into pure silliness which I guess is the personality of this board and if that is OK with you all then fine.

Under another username several years ago I tried to post here and make some what I thought were good comments and would ask questions about your tailgate etc and would be ignored so quit trying. I had to get new username for some technical reason. I am an OU grad and very long time season ticket holder so don't accuse me of being an opponent.

First, we give lots of good information. It's all in code, however. You have to read between the lines and know all the code words.

Second, don't make fun of our silliness. It is all therapist prescribed.

Third, you are an opponent; nanny, nanny, boo-boo.

yermom
7/1/2006, 09:44 AM
you forgot GADOCADWI ;)

Boston Sooner
7/1/2006, 09:45 AM
I agree 100% with LovesOU and made sure to say that one of the reasons I love Owen Field is b/c you can get so much good info. Furthermore, unless you are extremely thin skinned, then IMO the vast majority of the posts won't be a big deal.

Occasionally there are threads and/or posts that are offensive, but not very often IMO. Still, when those do come up, just close the thread and move on to a different one. IMO, avoiding Owen Field b/c of a few bad apples isn't worth it b/c there are so many more great people who post on there and I've made several friends. And plus, you get OU football info that can't be found anywhere else. So for an OU football maniac, which I am, I can put up with the few bad apples in exchange for the positives I just mentioned. JMO

yermom
7/1/2006, 09:45 AM
i haven't noticed people being any more jerky than here, in fact maybe a little less ;)

but i haven't been there lately

David Earl
7/1/2006, 09:46 AM
you forgot GADOCADWI ;)

:D

King Crimson
7/1/2006, 09:49 AM
Insider is awesome. i don't think there's anything here of value....in fact the best advice i can give is to stay at Insiders and avoid this place altogether.

lovesOU
7/1/2006, 10:39 AM
David Earl, I know you are being sarcastic but could you not have given a serious answer?

MamaMia
7/1/2006, 10:49 AM
Hope that answers your questions, and I look forward to hearing back about what type of response you get from the 2 Mods I said you should contact.
What part of anything I said in this thread would lead you to believe that I would even register on that kind of place, more less contact of any those people? Have a good day. :)

usmc-sooner
7/1/2006, 11:19 AM
David Earl, I know you are being sarcastic but could you not have given a serious answer?

dude they post the info and sticky it to top for every tailgate. They even have a map on how to get to it.

how much more info do you need?

mhackl
7/1/2006, 03:06 PM
Have to say I did find a few good posts over there, but they were in the minority. There is definitely maturity gap between the two boards. But hey, were all sooners right........riight?

Too each his own.

Big Red Ron
7/1/2006, 03:10 PM
Have to say I did find a few good posts over there, but they were in the minority. There is definitely maturity gap between the two boards. But hey, were all sooners right........riight?

Too each his own.Boomer Sooner, viva la America. Now, scram.

snp
7/1/2006, 03:20 PM
SF.com is waaaay better then OU Insider. I'd love if we could steal a few more of their qaulity posters since this place is kinda slow sometimes. But we'll be fine regardless.

But the mods, format, familiarity, lack of trolls, lack of sigs, etc far beats every other board.

In fact, this thread reminded me to finally become a sponsor. Within a few days, I'll have me some a shiny new star. And I encourage the rest of you to join me. :cool:

Boston Sooner
7/1/2006, 05:14 PM
What part of anything I said in this thread would lead you to believe that I would even register on that kind of place, more less contact of any those people? Have a good day. :)You stated that you yourself were on Owen Field and saw the infamous post of the Mod SebadOU. So I can only assume that you went onto the board, looked around for a while until you found that thread, and then were insulted and left.

However, you did know the entire story of that thread and provided a link, so it doesn't seem as though you were there for a minute or 2 and left. Still, if you are an OU fan I promise that you would love that site. Furthermore, I assure you that the people I mentioned would do something about the situation in which you were insulted and take care of it.

It's obviously your decision, but since you clearly like OU football (and maybe other sports) message boards, why not become a member of Owen Field and report SebadOU like I said you should do. I really do think that you would enjoy that board, and the admin/s ask for help all of the time since they can't obviously read every post. I guess my point is instead of just saying "I hate that place and forget them", why not try to do something to fix it.

It's not your responsibility and I'm not saying it is. But the benefits of enjoying posting and reading the majority of the posts on there far outweigh the negatives IMO, and I wish that more people wouldn't be so quick to judge Owen Field, Sooner Fans, or any other board, and give them a legit chance. Again though JMO, and you have a nice rest of the weekend.

Rhino
7/1/2006, 06:09 PM
It's amazing how this thread comes a year and a week after I started this thread (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41891).

My statements about OUInsider in post 46 (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=793988&postcount=46) (mostly) stand the test of time:

1) posters make irrational statements about whatever sport or athlete being talked about (think of listening to your grandma try to talk intelligently about sports)
2) a handful of posters post in every thread, even if it's just to say "oh that's cool" or "yeah".
3) posters fight with posters about how they treat other posters
4) numerous threads have to be locked every day because posters can't control themselves from flipping out on someone or calling someone a name
5) posters junk up the board because they don't know what to do with themselves.
6) posters have ridiculously huge signatures.
7) eZboard sucks.
...post 100 (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=794622&postcount=100) too:

To be fair, ouinsider.com isn't nearly as bad as soonerscoop.com.

MamaMia
7/1/2006, 07:18 PM
You stated that you yourself were on Owen Field and saw the infamous post of the Mod SebadOU. So I can only assume that you went onto the board, looked around for a while until you found that thread, and then were insulted and left.I saw several of his posts, all made within a half hour period. Like I said, he was throwing a tantrum. Thats about how long it lasted. Also, I was not insulted as you have stated. I was surprised. Surprised that so many odd balls are gathered together in the name of the Sooners. I'm very surprised that someone with his type of behavior is allowed to be a moderator.

However, you did know the entire story of that thread and provided a link, so it doesn't seem as though you were there for a minute or 2 and left. Still, if you are an OU fan I promise that you would love that site. Furthermore, I assure you that the people I mentioned would do something about the situation in which you were insulted and take care of it...Why do you keep saying that I was "insulted". I also never said I was there for a minute or two. I said I was there for a half an hour. Have your comprehension skills been damaged?

It's obviously your decision, but since you clearly like OU football (and maybe other sports) message boards, why not become a member of Owen Field and report SebadOU like I said you should do. I really do think that you would enjoy that board, and the admin/s ask for help all of the time since they can't obviously read every post. I guess my point is instead of just saying "I hate that place and forget them", why not try to do something to fix it.I never said "I hate that place." What is wrong with you that you would come over here and accuse people of saying things they never said. That is exactly what that Sebad4OU did. Hmmm... Is he from Boston? And I dont care to fix that place. You all can have each other. I'm happy on my board right here, thank you.

It's not your responsibility and I'm not saying it is. But the benefits of enjoying posting and reading the majority of the posts on there far outweigh the negatives IMO, and I wish that more people wouldn't be so quick to judge Owen Field, Sooner Fans, or any other board, and give them a legit chance. Again though JMO, and you have a nice rest of the weekend.Then go there. Its quite obvious that I'm far from being alone in my opinion of that God awful place. I have been nice enough to address your inquiries twice now, so how about you back off and leave me alone with your false accusations, okay? Lets just agree to disagree. Have a nice day. :)

Newbomb Turk
7/1/2006, 07:43 PM
But the benefits of enjoying posting and reading the majority of the posts on there far outweigh the negatives IMO, and I wish that more people wouldn't be so quick to judge Owen Field, Sooner Fans, or any other board, and give them a legit chance.

I had over 1000 posts at OUInsider - so I'd say I gave it a legit chance. I can't stand the place. If you like it there, good for you. I choose to stay here.

Getem
7/1/2006, 08:28 PM
Maybe someone needs to tell OUSAEMom about soonertimes...

Half a Hundred
7/1/2006, 08:55 PM
Ehh, good info, but too many attention whores over there sometimes. The worst part is the certain cadre who fawn over the verbal gymnastics of one of their posters, it gets ridiculous sometimes.

OUDoc
7/1/2006, 09:15 PM
i haven't noticed people being any more jerky than here, in fact maybe a little less ;)

but i haven't been there lately
**** off, dip****! :D

Grimey
7/1/2006, 09:56 PM
Here in a nutshell is why Soonerfans is better than OUinsider or any of those other boards.

jkm + Beano + Norm + Rhino + Skull + David Earl > the sum of any other combination of knowledgeable posters on any board. in fact, jkm alone tilts that equation in SF's favor.

Plus OUinsider gave us NickZeppelin or ZeppelinNick or whatever his crappy-*** name is.

snp
7/1/2006, 10:16 PM
I am a fan of the manlove they give "Smoke". That cracks me up.

Newbomb Turk
7/1/2006, 10:29 PM
Plus OUinsider gave us NickZeppelin or ZeppelinNick or whatever his crappy-*** name is.

that pretty much sums it up right there.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/1/2006, 10:42 PM
Here in a nutshell is why Soonerfans is better than OUinsider or any of those other boards.

jkm + Beano + Norm + Rhino + Skull + David Earl > the sum of any other combination of knowledgeable posters on any board. in fact, jkm alone tilts that equation in SF's favor.

who is this jkm bastard?

Grimey
7/1/2006, 11:55 PM
who is this jkm bastard?

can you believe I am still working on this stupid VBA project?:mad: :mad:

and no, I won't ask you for any help. I am not going to screw up anyone else's Saturday night.

Grimey
7/2/2006, 12:00 AM

SebadOU is a tool, but there is another one that is a complete dork too. Baeksu

tbl
7/2/2006, 01:57 AM
The board wars.... how ghey. ;)

Collier11
7/2/2006, 02:48 AM
I love the fact that a bunch of so-called grown men are arguing over whose message board is better, get a life!!

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/2/2006, 03:38 AM
The problem with OUInsider is to me that they THINK they are more serious and knowledgeable. I mean I always kind of thought of it as the board for bandwagon fans. I mean I remember going to all of these John Blake games growing up. The South Oval group strikes me more of the types that would be at tailgates drinking to the woe of a 3-8 team. Like JKM will post his opinions on the football team but if someone points something out he won't be an *** about it(usually ;)) People here tend to not take things as personally. I mean we have some drama but it always comes off as silly and usually involves Stanley1. It's like here we got rid of Nick, over there, they seem to have more of those Chicken Little types.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/2/2006, 03:40 AM
Plus they don't have that cool scroll over effect so I can avoid threads that suck like basically anything jk the soonerfan starts ;)

lovesOU
7/2/2006, 06:33 AM
I was trying to get someone to give some specific answers about the tailgate and yes I saw the map and directions but had other questions. Anyway that is just an example. I started some threads on FB which I thought would merit responses but to no avail.

Since you all are still critiquing Insider I will critique you some more. You are very inbred here and a clique and it is difficult for a stranger to get traction. At least OF has more posters so there may be small cliques but not just a monolithic one as here.

There may be more bandwagon fans there than here but that is probably because there are more members. Many are youngsters but there are also mature folks like me who have been with the Sooners since before many of you were pottie trained.

Previously I came over here because I wanted some serious interaction without being flamed but got either silliness or no interaction at all. And I did try and had a 100 posts or so.

But each board to its own and c'et la vie!

Boston Sooner
7/2/2006, 06:59 AM
Just FYI...since it seems like many think that ZepplinNick is still a member on Owen Field. He was banned from there several months back...if not a year. So his rantings haven't been read for quite some time.

As far as the love affair held by many fans for "Smoke" (Chris Patterson), the guy was getting love from people on the board b/c he was a HS Army AA and then a Juco AA at NEO, with over 100 tackles, 15 TFL, 3 picks, 3 blocked punts, and 1 fumble recovery last year.

When a guy with those kinds of numbers is going to be transferring to one's favorite team, why not be excited? JMO

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/2/2006, 09:08 AM
maybe because that is what a horn would do?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/2/2006, 09:17 AM
Since you all are still critiquing Insider I will critique you some more. You are very inbred here and a clique and it is difficult for a stranger to get traction. At least OF has more posters so there may be small cliques but not just a monolithic one as here.

houston, i figured out the problem. he posts like lid...

lovesOU
7/2/2006, 09:25 AM
And who might this lid be?

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/2/2006, 12:17 PM
THAT NO GOOD PIECE OF whorn SCUM THAT RUINS MY PERFECT BOARD AND THE IDIOT THAT LIKES TO TAKE DOWN DECENT SOONER FANS BUT GETS DEFENDED BY THOSE whorn LOVERS FROM DALLAS!!!!

heh

Half a Hundred
7/2/2006, 12:36 PM
Just FYI...since it seems like many think that ZepplinNick is still a member on Owen Field. He was banned from there several months back...if not a year. So his rantings haven't been read for quite some time.

As far as the love affair held by many fans for "Smoke" (Chris Patterson), the guy was getting love from people on the board b/c he was a HS Army AA and then a Juco AA at NEO, with over 100 tackles, 15 TFL, 3 picks, 3 blocked punts, and 1 fumble recovery last year.

When a guy with those kinds of numbers is going to be transferring to one's favorite team, why not be excited? JMO

Oh, Nick's still on there, I can't remember his handle right now, but back when he was still on here, he posted a photo series that someone called out for being on ouinsider, and he admitted putting it up there too (after he had been banned).

And being excited about a recruit is one thing, but seriously, the thing with Patterson amounted to juvenile hero-worship, for a player who hadn't played here yet. It gets a little grating.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/2/2006, 12:40 PM
Yeah...it's like I am excited about Demarco Murray...but I AM ALOT more excited about Adrian Peterson.

Big Red Ron
7/2/2006, 12:59 PM
I was trying to get someone to give some specific answers about the tailgate and yes I saw the map and directions but had other questions. Anyway that is just an example. I started some threads on FB which I thought would merit responses but to no avail.

There may be more bandwagon fans there than here but that is probably because there are more members. Many are youngsters but there are also mature folks like me who have been with the Sooners since before many of you were pottie trained.

Previously I came over here because I wanted some serious interaction without being flamed but got either silliness or no interaction at all. And I did try and had a 100 posts or so.

But each board to its own and c'et la vie!I'd bet you one month's salary that there are more people that actually attended/graduated from The University of Oklahoma here than there. And thus creates more of a collegial "feel" for most involved than your board (that's the "clique you mentioned). NTTIAWWI:O

soonerboy_odanorth
7/2/2006, 01:02 PM
SCREW ALL OF YOU I HATE HATE HATE HATE YOU ALL AND ALL YOUR SILLY SILLY SILLINESS AND ALL OF THAT FARKING AND INTELLIGENT DESIGN OPINION AND ALL OF THAT STUFF AND STUFF AND I HATE ALL BOARDS EVERYWHERE AND NO ONE EVER EVAR SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO POST ANYTHING EXCEPT WHAT I TELL YOU YOU CAN POST SO THERE AMEN AND MY BEER IS BETTER THAN YOURS AND FOOTBALL AND STUFF!

AND I HAVEN'T TAKEN MY MEDS!

:twinkies:

Half a Hundred
7/2/2006, 01:09 PM

Ditto. On not taking my meds, that is. The other stuff, not so sure. But I definitely did not take my meds.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/2/2006, 01:54 PM
not only was that the longest post evar, but it burned my retinas...

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/2/2006, 02:03 PM
If you pick Select all, the post becomes pleasant OU colors though!!

SoonersEnFuego
7/2/2006, 02:15 PM
Sarcasm is a must on SoonerFans. That's why I love it here. Because I need to laugh as many times possible every day or my brain will atrophy.

Newbomb Turk
7/2/2006, 02:20 PM
Sarcasm is a must on SoonerFans. That's why I love it here. Because I need to laugh as many times possible every day or my brain will atrophy.

good point - that's why I like it here too. That and the lack of big azz sig pics.

King Crimson
7/2/2006, 02:23 PM
who is this jkm bastard?

he usually just posts on the jazz board.

King Crimson
7/2/2006, 02:25 PM
by the way, NickZepp is hanging his shingle over at Soonertimes these days...and Meni69 is at soonerscoop....but the flamethrowers at ST were calling Nick an "Aggie" like a month ago....at least before 8 PM when it was time for bed. i almost felt bad for him.

;)

Scott D
7/2/2006, 02:42 PM
they might have made it until 8:30 on soonertimes but a rerun of Matlock came on ;)

Scott D
7/2/2006, 02:42 PM
This thread is very funny btw.

snp
7/2/2006, 02:47 PM
And why don't the damn links on OUInsider open in a new tab or window. :mad:

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/2/2006, 02:53 PM
Check out my sweet new signature picture!!!

http://web.mit.edu/kayla/Public/Backgrounds/LOTR%20Gandalf%201.JPG

JiuJitsuSooner
7/2/2006, 02:59 PM
Soonerfans.com is definitely the best forum during football season and without a doubt has the most knowledgeable fans. but during the off-season i like ouinsiders a little better just for the simple fact that it has a little more action.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/2/2006, 03:12 PM
I like ouinsider because it makes Soonerfans.com look better ;)

Big Red Ron
7/2/2006, 03:19 PM
;) Like my new sig?

http://www.wildongifts.com/reaganbill.jpg

http://home.xnet.com/~cmaddox/CVN-USS_Ronald_Reagan.jpg

Collier11
7/2/2006, 03:23 PM
I love the fact that a bunch of so-called grown men are arguing over whose message board is better, get a life!!

I was just kidding guys with this quote, I guess I forgot my ;) I needed some neg to counter all the green ive been getting lately though :D

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/2/2006, 03:31 PM
Ron, I like the new picture but wow couldn't you have found a bigger one...I mean doesn't Ronald deserve Holy **** big!!!

KC//CRIMSON
7/2/2006, 03:51 PM
Why hasn't this thread made it over there yet?

slackers.:rolleyes:

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/2/2006, 04:01 PM
http://www.rjbdesign.co.nz/images/man.jpg

They are way too sophisticated for lowering themselves to our neandrethal ways!

MamaMia
7/2/2006, 04:06 PM
Why hasn't this thread made it over there yet?

slackers.:rolleyes: Unless you post it during the time Blues Clues is on, SebadOU would just delete it. :P

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/2/2006, 04:21 PM
he usually just posts on the jazz board.

your lucky my shoe wasn't loaded...

Scott D
7/2/2006, 05:09 PM
your shoe fires blanks? vedy vedy intewesting~

GDC
7/2/2006, 05:13 PM

You need to add Frozen Sooner, GHP, ScottD, Dean, Xing, and several others to that list. Also, 04 added a lot, at least to the football and basketball boards.

MamaMia
7/2/2006, 05:34 PM
You need to add Frozen Sooner, GHP, ScottD, Dean, Xing, and several others to that list. Also, 04 added a lot, at least to the football and basketball boards.
Dont forget the ladies. Excluding myself, there are some really great gals on this board with whom to converse, who have great personalities and are loads of fun. :)

King Crimson
7/2/2006, 05:36 PM

I'd add Salt City Sooner. he and the undefeated QB of the Sooner Housing Center Trojans are pretty sound when it comes to historical stuff.

but, really the games are played on the field and all that. to Insider go the Insiders.

GDC
7/2/2006, 05:38 PM
I'd add Salt City Sooner. he and the undefeated QB of the Sooner Housing Center Trojans are pretty sound when it comes to historical stuff.

Yes, and I think he's a Yankee fan too.:cool:

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/2/2006, 05:46 PM
Dont forget the ladies. Excluding myself, there are some really great gals on this board with whom to converse, who have great personalities and are loads of fun. :)

http://www.ouportal.com/orbofriendoflittleman.jpg

and don't forget them ladies y'all.

Scott D
7/2/2006, 05:47 PM

wait there are ladies on this board? I want a refund! ;)

King Crimson
7/2/2006, 05:57 PM
Yes, and I think he's a Yankee fan too.:cool:

most of Greek drama is based around the concept of the fatal flaw.....

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/2/2006, 06:01 PM
Nope...now you are reaching OUSAEMom :P

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/2/2006, 06:03 PM
Scott D is by far the most overrated poster on this board...i mean seriously is he a Bu****ler hateing leftist or Bush Loving Patriot!!!

swardboy
7/2/2006, 09:08 PM
"You are very inbred here..."

Are ya'll callin' us'ns "f'n hillbillies? We resemble that there reemark!!!!

Petey
7/2/2006, 11:24 PM
sounds like OSU AEMOM got turned down for a date by that admin. over there.

Hmm... this board is good? A five page thread about something that happened on another board? sOUnds like you guys are OWNED by that other board.

Big Red Ron
7/2/2006, 11:32 PM
Let's be honest, members from "other" boards stirred this up. Sure, Mom made a comment but, whatever...I've been a member of almost every Sooner Board ever created since 1998 and this IS the best board. The collective IQ here on a variety of issues, some even football related, makes this board special.

Hey, you're here, right?

Big Red Ron
7/2/2006, 11:35 PM

Plus OUinsider gave us NickZeppelin or ZeppelinNick or whatever his crappy-*** name is.http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/memberlist.php?&order=DESC&sort=reputation&pp=30

;) Look who made the first page. :P

SicEmBaylor
7/3/2006, 12:34 AM
The Mods on Owen field are allow and in fact want fans of a large variety of schools to be on there, posting their opinions. And if they are treated without respect by an OU poster, the Mods will possibly suspend and at least send a message to the OU fan.

Well that sounds good to me. Once I've thrown away my last ounce of credibility over here then I'll head your way.

SouthFortySooner
7/3/2006, 01:01 AM
Dear mom,
There is another place to visit which is awesome. It's called OUBoards, those people search the world over for anything published about the Sooners.

It's like having a subsciption to every newspaper in America where someone has opened it right to the Sooner article and pictures for you.

Also, theres not a lot of commenting. And another plus is its vbulletin like ours with the hover feature and all. :D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/3/2006, 01:53 AM
sOUnds like i'm about to get OWNED by the mods on this board.

GADACADWI

snp
7/3/2006, 02:05 AM
sounds like OSU AEMOM got turned down for a date by that admin. over there.

Hmm... this board is good? A five page thread about something that happened on another board? sOUnds like you guys are OWNED by that other board.

Oh haha, you're a witty one, aren't you? You rearranged her SN to make her into an OSU fan. Zing! Your OUInsider wit is obviously way too much for us to comprehend. But let me try and see if I can play your game, Detey. See, it's funny since I intentionally misspelled your name! Get it?

Now here's where I insult your sexual success, or lack of. You do not do well with the wimmen. Score! Now I'm looking for the equalizer.

Get bent and get off our board.

Boston Sooner
7/3/2006, 03:46 AM
maybe because that is what a horn would do?While I agree that the happiness over Patterson went overboard, I wouldn't say that those OU fans who were overzealous in their excitement are on the same level as I would put Texas fans on. They didn't mean any harm or anything. They were simply REALLY happy that their favorite team was going to be getting a great player in Patterson.

It's just like those who were going nuts when AD, or any other top recruit, has committed to OU. And while I don't share their extreme love for high profile recruits who are coming to Norman, I'm not going to insult a fellow fan just b/c they are excited and think these players are going to help OU win another MNC. That's just me though and obviously everyone is entitled to his or her own opinions...including the extremely large and diverse group of OU fans. JMO

yermom
7/3/2006, 04:22 AM
Oh haha, you're a witty one, aren't you? You rearranged her SN to make her into an OSU fan. Zing! Your OUInsider wit is obviously way too much for us to comprehend. But let me try and see if I can play your game, Detey. See, it's funny since I intentionally misspelled your name! Get it?

Now here's where I insult your sexual success, or lack of. You do not do well with the wimmen. Score! Now I'm looking for the equalizer.

Get bent and get off our board.

see i was thinking the another way, like Pistol Petey ;)

SoonersEnFuego
7/3/2006, 07:38 AM
Hmm... this board is good? A five page thread about something that happened on another board?

Yep, we can do this and talk football at the same time on another thread because this site is waaaay easier to use.......and we're smarter.:twinkies:

crimson&cream
7/3/2006, 07:56 AM
I've been lurking different sites for 3/4 yrs now and the nastiest I've found is a site out of Topeka Capital-Journal/PrepZone it can get down right brutal there as you have fans from all the diff H.S.s and colleges , although at times it's fun to see K-St,KU and Nebr fans go at it. Of the OU sites I tend to lurk most of the time on SoonerScoop formerly known as OUFANS as it seems their mods work very hard at getting the lastest scoop on about eveything OU athletic's and appears they have some inside sources. I've noticed up to date stuff will appear there before the other OU sites. Not saying this is a poor site , no it's not,but there's just more diversity over there as usually there's over 150 viewing all the time with ties to the Univ as grads or former players like Dante Jones , and Billy Sims to name a couple among other's that post there and thats on the subscription board. OU Insider's is OK I guess at times I just don't like the feel over there so I don't go there all that much.
But isn't that what makes the world go round to each his own as it would be rather mundane if we all were in a mold of sameness, so it's good people pick what fits them best even when it comes to sites.
One thing I like here over Scoop is you can PM other poster's which comes handy at times, can't do that on Scoop.
I think the mods here do a pretty good job moderating as I've been banned once for a fews days, but I had it coming. Other than Scoop I come here more than any other site. Since I don't go to the free board at scoop-to many crayz from everywhere. I do like getting into it with the Texass fans here,as they just can't accept the fact their program is not held in as high esteem as OU's outside of Texass, even the national mags when picking the All-Time best FB programs always have Texass ranked 6/7/8 notches below OU. Furthermore our Tradition stats are better than theirs. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em

stoopified
7/3/2006, 09:09 AM
Sorry you had to experience that. That's the reason I like this board We do have our share of wild and crazy folks here, but for the most part, it is pretty cordial and there's a lot of good football knowledge available here. I read and learn a lot more than I post because I have nothing to offer when it comes to knowledge of how the game should be played. I know only one thing! I love the Sooners and would walk through hell in a gasoline jacket before I'd ever switch my loyalties. BOOMER!!!!I LOVE that quote: WALK THROUGH HELL IN A GASOLINE JACKET.Pretty emphatic! SOONER.( Can't leave ya hangin)'.

Scott D
7/3/2006, 09:18 AM
Scott D is by far the most overrated poster on this board...i mean seriously is he a Bu****ler hateing leftist or Bush Loving Patriot!!!

I don't know, we might need to consult with Scotty22 on that ;)

Norm In Norman
7/3/2006, 09:48 AM
I don't like bashing other boards on here. There is no need to try to make some other board hate us. Well, I don't care about their opinions, but it's not nice to bash them.

Personally, I see this as the "fun" board. We are more likely to kid around than bash each other here. I'd say there you are more likely to find more scoop and inside information than here. I'd say here you would find more fans from other schools, although not as much here lately. We aren't very banny here.

Well, anyway, the boards are just different.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/3/2006, 10:32 AM
Personally, I see this as the "fun" board.

ah, the carnival of message boards.

tbl
7/3/2006, 11:07 AM
I still say this thread is ghey... ;)

I will say this in defense of SF. Homeby said it's inbred over here and not as apt to let in new posters. I was a long time member of another board (and still am), but I post and read more here than anywhere. It doesn't take long to get some of the inside jokes... and bottom line; it's a flipping messageboard, so who cares?

OUstudent4life
7/3/2006, 11:42 AM
Where can I get a sooner ringtone?

the_ouskull
7/3/2006, 11:50 AM

Dude, thank you for noticing. To me THAT is the difference between SoonerFans and the board being discussed. Over there, I'd post something and it would get widely ignored. Here, people actually read it.. and respond and everything. Like adults, almost. Over here, people listen. Over there, they just wait to talk.

the_ouskull

Scott D
7/3/2006, 12:47 PM
Dude, thank you for noticing. To me THAT is the difference between SoonerFans and the board being discussed. Over there, I'd post something and it would get widely ignored. Here, people actually read it.. and respond and everything. Like adults, almost. Over here, people listen. Over there, they just wait to talk.

the_ouskull

froze was paying me to ignore your posts ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/3/2006, 03:06 PM
I know that Scott D and Scott22 are the same person...you can't trick me!

Scott D
7/3/2006, 03:10 PM
I find your blasphemous post to be very disturbing.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/3/2006, 03:40 PM
You want to know another bombshell..Dolemite is Dean's troll handle and alter ego!!!

SoonerBorn68
7/3/2006, 03:43 PM

But each board to its own and c'et la vie!

And this folks is why I hate all that is OU Insider.

Take your tea sippin' *** back to that worthless board...

SoonersEnFuego
7/3/2006, 05:08 PM
F'n Hillbillies!!

King Crimson
7/3/2006, 05:17 PM
the way the insider forum jump button tries to kick you to Hale's Premium Board is about as cheesy and lame a marketing tool as i've seen on any board anywhere.

MiccoMacey
7/3/2006, 05:22 PM
the way the insider forum jump button tries to kick you to Hale's Premium Board is about as cheesy and lame a marketing tool as i've seen on any board anywhere.

www.Click_here_to_jump_to_King_Crimson's_premium_b oard.com

Fixed. :D

King Crimson
7/3/2006, 05:46 PM
Fixed. :D

said the last place finisher of the NCAA hoop tournament pick'em to the winner.....

:eek:

MiccoMacey
7/3/2006, 05:49 PM
Ow.

Ow.

Ow.

ultimatesooner1
7/3/2006, 05:49 PM

exactly

see pokevette, kansasooner, soonershowtime, playmaker, etc

topdaug
7/3/2006, 08:18 PM
exactly

Well, pokevette and playmaker are at least real people...I've played golf with playmaker, and pokevette is now a moderator on one of the Pokes boards...the others, though, I could see as trolls that would be set up by the admin...

Personally, if I'm on OUInsider, I'm sticking to the O'Connell's board and will post occasionally on Owen Field or Lloyd Noble Center...those two boards can have way too much animosity, while the OC's board is just fun and most of the people there seem to get along...

I haven't posted much on this board, but it's a good board, as well...

And don't blame OUInsider for NickZepp...at least they were smart enough to ban his dumbass...

wahoorob
7/3/2006, 09:12 PM
I read both boards regularly, but post primarily on Owen Field simply because I spent a long time there before I even knew about this board.

I'd say both boards are actually pretty similar and that SAEmom got her panties twisted for some odd reason. Of course...the fact that I just typed that phrase makes me rude, I'm sure.

I personally think both boards are great and probably would post here more if I'd started on this board. There are tons of insightful people here with great info and opinions. Same on Owen Field.

Don't really know what the big deal is.

kansasooner
7/3/2006, 09:25 PM

exactly

the others, though, I could see as trolls that would be set up by the admin...
How deep does the rabbit-hole go?

leavingthezoo
7/3/2006, 09:42 PM
You are very inbred here and a clique and it is difficult for a stranger to get traction.

shucks, we ain't inbred. we purebreds. you just wait till my babies daddy gets a hold of you. he's the toughest cousin i got. [/spit-ching] :rolleyes: :D

Beef
7/3/2006, 09:54 PM
When your aunt's the hottest piece of *** in town, sometimes you just gotta go with the inbreeding.

lovesOU
7/3/2006, 10:42 PM
I give up. As I said, you guys and women just want to be silly. Adios and i will just lurk which will suit all parties concerned. :)

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
7/3/2006, 10:53 PM
Just to be clear. After a year of mostly positive experience, in which I had decided to become an Elite Sponsor, I started the Hollis Board, I had a 46,000 spek rating based on real spek not betting over two season and 1500 posts, in the last four weeks I can see this board is a place I don't want to be or patronize. There are two other boards which I believe have at least equivalent football knowledge without the abusive environment. I am taking my business elsewhere.

John W. Helander
President & CEO
GrayBox Services Ltd. &
eState Auction House Ltd.

Soonerpsycho
7/3/2006, 11:42 PM
http://mb22.scout.com/fouinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=129637.topic http://www.phog.tv/images/emoticons/popcorn.gif

Collier11
7/4/2006, 12:46 AM
OK!! Previously I was joking about the ignorance of this thread and the fact that some are arguing about whose board is better, but this is truly getting rediculous. The point of a message board is to share opinions and interact abou t those opinions on the said topic, that topic being Sooner Sports here. Unfortunately for whatever reason, many of you have gotten so bored with the summer that you have to argue with mostly faceless screen names over whose message board is better, this reminds me so much of grade school. If we are going to argue and bicker and be childish, atleast keep it to sports guys

Rhino
7/4/2006, 01:02 AM
Geez. Who let Ooner on this board?

leavingthezoo
7/4/2006, 01:54 AM
OK!! Previously I was joking about the ignorance of this thread and the fact that some are arguing about whose board is better, but this is truly getting rediculous. The point of a message board is to share opinions and interact abou t those opinions on the said topic, that topic being Sooner Sports here. Unfortunately for whatever reason, many of you have gotten so bored with the summer that you have to argue with mostly faceless screen names over whose message board is better, this reminds me so much of grade school. If we are going to argue and bicker and be childish, atleast keep it to sports guys

somebody needs a kiss from their sister. ;)

Collier11
7/4/2006, 02:28 AM
you know me too well

mrowl
7/4/2006, 10:52 AM
#1 reason to not visit ouinsider.scout.whatelsetheyhavebeen.com?

the forum software. it. is. horrible.

baeksu
7/4/2006, 03:49 PM
The administrators deleted a bunch of threads right as we were reading along. I think it was because that Sebad4OU moderator was attacking people left and right for no apparent reason. You would think that at the very least the moderators would be normal folks. That person was totally insane. :eek:

Oh my, I hope those people dont come over here.

Hmm... this from the person who had... what, 5,000+ posts over there over the last several years? :rolleyes:

You're busted on this one, "OUSAEmom".

Scott D
7/4/2006, 03:56 PM
I still want to know why people who post basically only on insider care at all. So what if you enjoy posting on a forum that uses a format that ceased being good back in 1985. So what if people who are 'regulars' over here make fun of that software. So what if someone here badmouths your boards, clearly you do the same about the people that don't post over there but post over here.

and to the guy with the 'inbred' comment..your board's format and software, and style is what is inbred, just like the rest of the forums on the rivals and scout networks.

OUDoc
7/4/2006, 08:42 PM
Hmm... this from the person who had... what, 5,000+ posts over there over the last several years? :rolleyes:

Hey. Don't mess with Mom. :eddie: :mad:

olevetonahill
7/4/2006, 10:08 PM
Hey. Don't mess with Mom. :eddie: :mad:
ditto
Leave OUR Mom alone :mad: :mad: :mad:

recruiter
7/4/2006, 10:08 PM
As a former customer of Insider, who quit voluntarily, a few thoughts:

James Hale can't write a lick. I used to find humor in his comments like "grand jester" and whatnot, but it becomes apparent that the mods over there have little or no pride in their product.

There's also the problem of Hale's Minions. Worship at the throne of the great Hale is required to remain a member, and woe be upon anyone who dares question the great Hale. Personally, I'm not going to worship anyone who can't spell.

The final straw came when the board mods attempted to perpetrate the fraud of "copywritten information" on members. You can't copywrite information; only the words used to convey it.

It's a VERY tiresome site, one that is scooped more often than not by Rivals, and I haven't regretted the decision to cancel my subscription.

Gandalf_The_Grey
7/4/2006, 10:22 PM
Messing with Mom could cost your more than a Soonerfans.com screenname.....Don't Forget Batista is back FRIDAY!!!

Ruuuuuufus
7/4/2006, 10:28 PM
they gave us nickzepp...
they gave us meni...

what else could we ask for? :eek:

MamaMia
7/5/2006, 11:25 AM

Unlike a couple of family members, including my daughter, I have never posted on your board.

yermom
7/5/2006, 11:35 AM
OSU AE mom?

is that like American Eagle or what? ;)

OUDoc
7/5/2006, 11:49 AM
Unlike a couple of family members, including my daughter, I have never posted on your board.
GOOD TO KNOW YOUR PASSWORD ISN'T SAFE!!!!

rhombic21
7/5/2006, 02:55 PM
This entire discussion is silly.

Scott D
7/5/2006, 04:39 PM
OSU AE mom?

is that like American Eagle or what? ;)

Agricultural Engineering....duh ;)

sooneron
7/5/2006, 04:43 PM
The bad thing about this thread is that it has brought the Hale rogues out from under their rocks. Reaves will be next, trust me. He's a tool.

yermom
7/5/2006, 04:46 PM
Agricultural Engineering....duh ;)

ewww... now i feel really dirty

sooneron
7/5/2006, 05:00 PM
Another bad thing is that the South Ovarians are on the football board.

TheGodfather889
7/5/2006, 05:54 PM

Hey I'm a student at OU and I'm not rude.:D

Spray
5/13/2011, 08:54 AM
Discuss...

SoonerPride
5/13/2011, 09:23 AM
Since this thread was started in 2006 I'm sure I was one of the people the OP was talking about. Rude. Opinionated. A regular on Owen Field.

Now I'm here.

Is that board even still around? I really don't know.

I was a paying subscriber for years and canceled last fall.

I (so far) haven't found myself in any protracted arguments over here.
I'm sure when someone calls for Heupel's head then it'll set me off.

I also predict that the first person who wants Heupel fired will also misspell his name.

swardboy
5/13/2011, 09:24 AM
I was about to say "David Earl sighting" but then I saw the date.

soonerboy_odanorth
5/13/2011, 09:39 AM
Since this thread was started in 2006 I'm sure I was one of the people the OP was talking about. Rude. Opinionated. A regular on Owen Field.

Now I'm here.

Is that board even still around? I really don't know.

I was a paying subscriber for years and canceled last fall.

I (so far) haven't found myself in any protracted arguments over here.
I'm sure when someone calls for Heupel's head then it'll set me off.

I also predict that the first person who wants Heupel fired will also misspell his name.

Huepil is highly overrated. He was Wilson's lap-dog. We best be letting him scoot off to his coveted Weber State job. Bring back Chuck "third-and" Long.

BetterSoonerThanLater
5/13/2011, 09:42 AM
Huepil is highly overrated. He was Wilson's lap-dog. We best be letting him scoot off to his coveted Weber State job. Bring back Chuck "third-and" Long.

oh no you din't! :)

soonerprices
5/13/2011, 09:45 AM
Every board has rude people but the big problem at OUI now is it's a ghost town. Nobody posts over there. It's a freaking joke.

NormanPride
5/13/2011, 10:06 AM
I canceled my subscription there a few months and haven't looked back. I only went over there for practice reports and stuff, but Hale doesn't put out anything that Sooner Sports didn't have out earlier. And he manages to misspell everything, even if it's a copy and paste job. I feel ashamed that it took me that long to stop paying the goon.

AlboSooner
5/13/2011, 10:11 AM
has this been resolved in a pleasing manner, yet?

BOOMERBRADLEY
5/13/2011, 10:24 AM
The owner of that site apparently is a massive tool. I saw a thread where he called everyone cheap skates. I was on there for around a year and Soonerscoop. Hale had some ok stuff and Murdock had some pretty good stuff too along with recruit highlights, but anymore I can see their highlights on youtube and even if some super secret info comes down the pipe we all know about within a day or two anyway

Sooner_Tuf
5/13/2011, 10:40 AM
It's an easy choice. You can hang out on a Board where you know the owner (if you don't know him he's easy enough to find come game time) or you can out on one with an ex-con (not one that killed someone defending his family, but a thief).

I haven't been there in forever but I don't think there is any real football discussion. It is more like a 90s AOL chatroom.

soonerprices
5/13/2011, 11:13 AM
Was it roast beef sandwiches or money he stole from Hardees?

TopDawg
5/13/2011, 11:41 AM
"Oh my stars"...heh.

Joe
5/13/2011, 01:12 PM
So when's this patterson dude gonna be joining our team? Or did he finally get here but we made him change his name to Ronnel Lewis?

soonerchk
5/13/2011, 01:31 PM
The owner of that site apparently is a massive tool. I saw a thread where he called everyone cheap skates. I was on there for around a year and Soonerscoop. Hale had some ok stuff and Murdock had some pretty good stuff too along with recruit highlights, but anymore I can see their highlights on youtube and even if some super secret info comes down the pipe we all know about within a day or two anyway

Ahem. It was worthless posters.

olevetonahill
5/13/2011, 01:48 PM
Ahem. It was worthless posters.

So yer sayin some of Yall dint improve any when ya came here? :D ;)

RacerX
5/13/2011, 02:10 PM
One of the best bumps...evar!

I Am Right
5/13/2011, 02:28 PM
Self Promotion

nativesooner
5/13/2011, 02:40 PM
I didn't think Insider was too bad. I haven't been able to get back in since they switched to 24-7 though, despite numerous attempts. Of course I didn't post a lot there, mostly just read stuff. I will say that I was a member of this site before that one though and this site has better tailgates! ;)

Sooner_Tuf
5/14/2011, 12:37 PM
Haha I hadn't been over there in a long, long time. Kmart have a sale on board software? That place looks terrible now. Looks like there are about ten people still posting there and one of them is OUPepperoni. That is reason enough to delete the link.

usaosooner
5/14/2011, 02:57 PM
Oh BHi Guys :)

SoonerofAlabama
5/14/2011, 10:05 PM
So why did this get bumped?

texas bandman
5/14/2011, 10:56 PM
So why did this get bumped?
Offseason, baby!!!!

Spray
3/4/2013, 11:35 PM
Discuss.

Seamus
3/5/2013, 12:28 AM
Javelinn.

stoopified
3/5/2013, 06:28 AM
resurrection?

bringit
3/5/2013, 07:13 AM
Shot put

badger
3/5/2013, 08:56 AM
Long live Mama :)

sooneron
3/5/2013, 10:37 AM
Big Red Ron? Jeepers, pretty much forgot all about him.

Sooner in Tampa
3/5/2013, 10:55 AM
A nice walk down memory lane...some great posters in this thread

colleyvillesooner
3/5/2013, 11:58 AM
Wow, lot of good stuff in there. heleander, GADOCADWI

SicEmBaylor
3/5/2013, 12:15 PM
Well that sounds good to me. Once I've thrown away my last ounce of credibility over here then I'll head your way.

That was in 2006. Am I there yet?

stoops the eternal pimp
3/5/2013, 12:22 PM
deer gawd..james hale

swardboy
3/5/2013, 12:59 PM
When this thread started, Barack Hussein Obama was an unknown quantity. To most of the USA, he still is.

Whoops, wrong forum!

Scott D
3/5/2013, 03:36 PM
My goodness I used to be witty.

StoopTroup
3/5/2013, 04:27 PM
My goodness I used to be witty.

What's funny is this is my first post in this thread. Who is this OUI?

Monster Zero
3/5/2013, 05:17 PM
Actually, to be fair about it, there's enough rude to go around.

Here on this forum, on the women's bassitball thread, there's a really rude classless post about the four seniors on our team. Not gonna say what the comment was, but as we all know two of the young ladies are white and two are black. I was tempted to reply to it but I thought "why take the bait".

TUSooner
3/5/2013, 06:26 PM
Long live Mama :)

Hear her!

Blue
3/5/2013, 06:43 PM

Here on this forum, on the women's bassitball thread, there's a really rude classless post about the four seniors on our team. Not gonna say what the comment was, but as we all know two of the young ladies are white and two are black. I was tempted to reply to it but I thought "why take the bait".

I dont think he meant it to be racist and you might be seeing something that isn't there. But as you can see, Im from Alabama, so Im probably racist too.

badger
3/5/2013, 10:18 PM

meh, it's the internet, it's not worth getting upset over