PDA

View Full Version : How much is Aggy worth?

MikeInNorman
6/30/2006, 02:38 PM
I speak, of course, of the AggyLite residing in Stoolwater, not the AggyClassic down in the middle of nowhere.

I requested visitor's tickets from the OU ticket office for the AggyLite Thanksgiving VooDoo Spectacular. My request was granted. The deadline to pay for the tickets is July 12.

Aggy wants $100 bucks per ticket.

Yes, T Boone's caddy has decided that he will ride the expected Sooner hoardes to football program profitability. My question is:

Should I contribute what is clearly an unreasonable price to AggyLite? $100 is more than OU/Texas, more than nearly any bowl game, maybe more than the Big 12 championship game. I'm sure there has never been a regular season Big 12 game sold for $100, especially when one of the participants is the second poorest school in the league and guaranteed last place finisher in the division.

My inclination is to let Aggy gouge its own, and watch on TV. On the other hand, watching AD rush for 713 yards against what looks to be a terrible Aggy defense is awfully tempting, 100 clams or no.

What think you?

Snrfn4ever08
6/30/2006, 02:42 PM
my friend said he reserved tickets through tickets.com for that game for $40. problem is, he's not a very trustworthy source for these kinda things, but i don't think it would hurt to check it out. like i said, he could be completely wrong and i wouldn't be surprised at all. on the other hand, i wouldn't spend $100 to help okie lite expand its facilities empire, but that's just my opinion

Mixer!
6/30/2006, 02:52 PM
Come to Stilly, tailgate, and watch it on the tube somewhere with your friends.

PS - For those that don't already know, Boone State and the orange taliban declared a jihad on Stillwater last fall. They don't like us, and a bunch of us don't like them.
http://clerestoryav.com/boonestate/comics/poorpeoplecomic.jpg

TexanSooner420
6/30/2006, 03:03 PM
go to the game and watch AD dominate, any amount of $$ is worth that in IMHO

Mac94
6/30/2006, 03:23 PM
$100 per ticket!!!! Don't let Dollar Bill Byrne hear about this ... no one needs to give him any crazy ideas about OUR ticket prices! They're bad enough where they are! ;)

MikeInNorman
6/30/2006, 03:39 PM
Come to Stilly, tailgate, and watch it on the tube somewhere with your friends.

PS - For those that don't already know, Boone State and the orange taliban declared a jihad on Stillwater last fall. They don't like us, and a bunch of us don't like them.
http://clerestoryav.com/boonestate/comics/poorpeoplecomic.jpg

Problem: when I was last in Stoolwater, with wife and kids, we returned to our car to find most unwelcoming slogans shoe-polished all over it. You know, "F___ You Gooner, Gooners Suck, etc.

You probably saw me get the heck out of town, as we drew many stares.

Vaevictis
6/30/2006, 04:29 PM
Face on Texas tickets ain't $100 last I checked.

Just sayin'.

SoonerJLB!
6/30/2006, 04:49 PM
A buck $2.50 and nothing more! :eddie:

Mixer!
6/30/2006, 09:16 PM
Problem: when I was last in Stoolwater, with wife and kids, we returned to our car to find most unwelcoming slogans shoe-polished all over it. You know, "F___ You Gooner, Gooners Suck, etc.

Damn kids and the orange taliban. The CDC should quarantine the whole campus for suffering from 'OU Envy'. Sorry that happened to you Mike, I promise you not all of us behave like that. :(

1991SOONER
6/30/2006, 10:38 PM
Aggy wants $100 bucks per ticket.

Ask him if that 100 bucks includes oral services from his girlfriend. She probably doesn't have teeth which is a bonus:)

PrideTrombone
6/30/2006, 11:34 PM
You couldn't pay me $100 to go to Stillwater.

Phil
7/1/2006, 08:37 AM

That's why I always drive an "unmarked" car up there for that game. Seriously. I always keep one of my cars unadorned with OU stickers, plates, and such, for just those occasions.

NormanPride
7/1/2006, 09:25 AM
if you saw that price through the athletic department, OU may have tagged their own mandatory donation charges for it. Of course, there is the possibility that $100 is for a better seat than the corner they usually shove OU fans.

Did I mention that stadium utterly sucks? It's perfect if students want to rush the field and tear down goalposts, however :mad:

(PS: I'm badger, not np)

goingoneight
7/1/2006, 06:18 PM
$100!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! No offense to Mixer and/or other aggies on SF.com, but this whole "get us to the next level is a little ridiculous. First OUr gas prices nationwide, now this... If I'm giving a school I do not like or support $100.00, I better get endzone seats to high-five AD when be breaks three long TD runs my way.

boomersoonerdude
7/2/2006, 01:35 PM
fitty cents

Flagstaffsooner
7/2/2006, 01:39 PM
fitty cents3 boogers and a can of $hit.