PDA

View Full Version : Today's question

Okla-homey
6/30/2006, 01:03 PM
What with all the fireworks stands about the countryside, how come some good'un hasn't taken it upon hisself to sneak out in the middle of the night and set fire to one? I would think that would be in the hillbilly "Must Do Before I'm Through" list of life goals.

discuss.

Partial Qualifier
6/30/2006, 01:16 PM
One year a friend and I were all set to watch a fireworks display at ...whatever that big church thingy is on the SE corner of Council and Wilshire. So these two guys had their truck parked on one side of a pond while the onlookers were on the other side. the truck bed was full of big-*** fireworks and they were taking them out little by little and setting them off (amateurs).

Suddenly the two guys start running, a moment later the fireworks start going off in their truck. I guess some embers settled in there or something. And it didn't stop, it went on for a good 5 minutes. It was craptactular. The truck was toast. We laughed.

The end.

Pricetag
6/30/2006, 01:18 PM
It's the impossible crime, because you'd have to get caught. It's not like you could just light it and leave.

Vaevictis
6/30/2006, 01:18 PM
Fire? What's that?

slickdawg
6/30/2006, 01:23 PM
A factory near McComb, MS caught fire one night. Burned to the ground,
but put on quite a display, so the locals said.

MamaMia
6/30/2006, 02:29 PM
What with all the fireworks stands about the countryside, how come some good'un hasn't taken it upon hisself to sneak out in the middle of the night and set fire to one? I would think that would be in the hillbilly "Must Do Before I'm Through" list of life goals.

discuss.They always have a person spend the night at those things.

Osce0la
6/30/2006, 02:37 PM
I'll do this for you this weekend and post pics later...If the cops start asking questions though I'm going to have to ask that this and my pictures thread be deleted...

Viking Kitten
6/30/2006, 02:44 PM

discuss.

Even hillbillies know better than to bite the hand that feeds.

Pricetag
6/30/2006, 03:06 PM
They always have a person spend the night at those things.
That would make sense. Theft would be much more likely than arson if they were left unattended.

Okla-homey
6/30/2006, 07:10 PM
This is a job for Doleo and a railroad flare. Anybody seen that wiggah lately?

Melo
7/1/2006, 01:46 AM
They have firework stands ALL over Katy. My little bro is actually going to work at one a couple nights, and he'll probably make an a$$ load of money. Lucky little bastige. Anyways. Theyre all over, and they suck. I am begining to hate July 4th, not because of the actual holiday, but usually if you want to see some fireworks, you go somewhere to see them. In NO WAY do I like sitting up till 4 in the morning July 4,5 and sometimes 6th listening to fireworks all night.

Same goes for the New Year. Walk outside about 10:30, and the air is so thick with gunpowder. UGH!!

SicEmBaylor
7/1/2006, 02:03 AM
Anyone familiar with Children's House Fireworks in Muskogee? Well, that igloo shaped building next to it used to be a private montesori school that I went to from preschoo-1st grade. Anywhoo, the school was owned by the same guy (name is Jeff) who owns Children's House and The Castle.

Anyway, they'd let us go over there all the time and we'd run around and play with all of those fireworks and stuff. Probably not too safe but there were never any accidents. This story would have been much better if something did happen, but there ya go.

Octavian
7/1/2006, 02:09 AM
roman candle fights are fun

Melo
7/1/2006, 02:11 AM
I remember my sophomore year of HS, I was walking outside with a friend, and all of a sudden, everything around me was loud and bright. Couldnt see anything. Turns out the idiots right by where we were walking had turned a huge firework on its side and aimed in our direction, obviously not paying attention to the fact that we were WALKING THERE. That was the night I broke one of the joints in my middle toe. Hurt like a beyonce.

TUSooner
7/1/2006, 08:16 AM
Got too drunk to execute the plan :D

Okla-homey
7/1/2006, 08:59 AM
It's the impossible crime, because you'd have to get caught. It's not like you could just light it and leave.

Yep, setting up a concealed videocam to record the festivities would'nt be the same...plus, no self-respecting hilbilly who pulled it off could possibly keep it a secret. It would be the stuff of family reunion legends for generations.

LoyalFan
7/1/2006, 10:17 AM
It HAS happened, more than once. At least once, the caper resulted in the death of the poor down-and-outer who was tending the place in return for shelter and low wages.
While I don't care for public access to f'works, I deplore acts of arson (unless it's Osama's crib.)

LF

StoopTroup
7/1/2006, 10:22 AM
They have firework stands ALL over Katy. My little bro is actually going to work at one a couple nights, and he'll probably make an a$$ load of money. Lucky little bastige. Anyways. Theyre all over, and they suck. I am begining to hate July 4th, not because of the actual holiday, but usually if you want to see some fireworks, you go somewhere to see them. In NO WAY do I like sitting up till 4 in the morning July 4,5 and sometimes 6th listening to fireworks all night.

Same goes for the New Year. Walk outside about 10:30, and the air is so thick with gunpowder. UGH!!
Why do you hate America? :D

Hatfield
7/1/2006, 11:42 AM
here is a fireworks factory exploding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ5GWJjiNZg&search=fireworks%20factory%20exploding

royalfan5
7/1/2006, 12:02 PM
roman candle fights are fun
Not as much as bottle rocket fights.

Flagstaffsooner
7/1/2006, 02:53 PM

Same goes for the New Year. Walk outside about 10:30, and the air is so thick with gunpowder. UGH!!Move to Arizona. No fireworks. Only profesional displays and most of those have been baned this year due to the fire hazzard.

Melo
7/1/2006, 03:12 PM
Yea, but who wants to live in Arizona? ;)