PDA

View Full Version : Science fiction geeks will love this....

BudSooner
6/30/2006, 11:28 AM
http://www.merzo.net/

Kinda cool since i'm one of those self confessed nerds but this guy had TOO much time on his hands.:eek:

crawfish
6/30/2006, 12:51 PM
His loss is our gain. :D

Thanks!

Pricetag
6/30/2006, 01:21 PM
I knew it. A Star Destroyer would totally whoop Enterprise.

JohnnyMack
6/30/2006, 01:33 PM
The fact that he put the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man on there makes it the best website for nerds, evar. Evar.

skycat
6/30/2006, 01:34 PM
I love that the "real ships/buildings" section includes Godzilla and the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

skycat
6/30/2006, 01:35 PM
Hey JM, thanks for lessening the impact of my post. :mad::P

Vaevictis
6/30/2006, 01:37 PM
Go Go Gojira!

JohnnyMack
6/30/2006, 01:43 PM
Hey JM, thanks for lessening the impact of my post. :mad::P

Heh. Great nerds think alike.

GDC
6/30/2006, 04:36 PM
I guess I should read Ringworld.

GottaHavePride
6/30/2006, 04:47 PM
Yeah, that's one I've never gotten around to reading.

BudSooner
6/30/2006, 04:55 PM
Yeah, that's one I've never gotten around to reading.
Same here.
Pretty cool once you compare the size of the death star to the Dyson Sphere...heh!
Oh and I doubt the Star Destroyer would be able to handle the Borg......maybe the Super Star Destroyer.

Heh, a Borg Vader.....I know...i'm a nerd.:D

Vaevictis
6/30/2006, 05:06 PM
A Star Destroyer would totally whoop Enterprise.

Heh, which Enterprise? Definately not the Galaxy class or later, probably not even Constitution class.

Thing to keep in mind is that tactically, Warp > Hyperspace, and Photon Torpedos + Phaser Banks > Proton Torpedos + Turbolasers.

GDC
6/30/2006, 05:09 PM
Jonathon Frakes was at a trekkie convention in Tulsa the other day.

Vaevictis
6/30/2006, 05:13 PM
Trekkie Convention? Even I am not that much of a nerd.

Pricetag
6/30/2006, 05:14 PM
Heh, which Enterprise? Definately not the Galaxy class or later, probably not even Constitution class.

Thing to keep in mind is that tactically, Warp > Hyperspace, and Photon Torpedos + Phaser Banks > Proton Torpedos + Turbolasers.
A Constitution class practically fits into the hole in the belly of a Star Destroyer.

Vaevictis
6/30/2006, 05:25 PM
A Constitution class practically fits into the hole in the belly of a Star Destroyer.

Irrelevant. Star Trek ships can engage in combat at warp speed, Star Wars ships cannot.

Constitution class ship would just go warp speed, and drop photon torpedos out of warp on top of the Star Destroyer.

Photon Torpedos would go right through the Star Destroyer's shields, dropping roughly 50 megaton nukes directly into the ship. The Star Destroyer's weapons would never even come close to hitting the Constitution class ship (which could be moving as fast as what, 30 times the speed of light?), much less penetrating the shields. Even if they did manage to penetrate the shields, there are numerous instances of Star Trek ships taking several megatons dead on (ie, no shields) and being okay with it; Star Destroyer weapons barely crack 5 megatons.

JohnnyMack
6/30/2006, 05:30 PM

Wanna bet? ;)

Irrelevant. Star Trek ships can engage in combat at warp speed, Star Wars ships cannot.

Constitution class ship would just go warp speed, and drop photon torpedos out of warp on top of the Star Destroyer.

Photon Torpedos would go right through the Star Destroyer's shields, dropping roughly 50 megaton nukes directly into the ship. The Star Destroyer's weapons would never even come close to hitting the Constitution class ship (which could be moving as fast as what, 30 times the speed of light?), much less penetrating the shields. Even if they did manage to penetrate the shields, there are numerous instances of Star Trek ships taking several megatons dead on (ie, no shields) and being okay with it; Star Destroyer weapons barely crack 5 megatons.

Vaevictis
6/30/2006, 05:33 PM
Nope, not even close. I have never dressed up as Mr. Spock or Luke Skywalker with the intent of hero-worshipping the actors that played them.

(... at least, not since I was 5-6...)

BudSooner
6/30/2006, 05:46 PM
Pffft, give the Enterprise E to Riker, he will always find a way to **** it up.:D

stoopified
6/30/2006, 05:48 PM
I knew it. A Star Destroyer would totally whoop Enterprise.Not Enterprise D ,no way.

Dio
6/30/2006, 05:51 PM
"Look at you- I'll bet you've never even kissed a girl, have you?"

GDC
6/30/2006, 05:54 PM

I didn't say I went.:)

I did learn he's married to Laura of Luke and Laura from General Hospital.