PDA

View Full Version : What a JACKA**!!!

boomersooner28
6/30/2006, 09:54 AM
OU star running back Adrian Peterson met with media from across the country as a result of the overwhelming number of requests for interviews he has received this summer.

Here are the questions that JACKA** CHIP DUNN of the Dallas Morning News asked:

Jacka**: I think you were quoted when you made your decision to attend Oklahoma that it had come down to Oklahoma and Texas and someone quoted you saying ‘I’m going to Oklahoma because they win championships and Texas doesn’t’. Of course, Texas has won a National Championship now. Did that just add to the rivalry”

AD's response: Did it add to the rivalry? Yeah, I guess you could say that. I’m just used to that. It does.

Jacka**: Are you motivated to make sure that you get that National Championship? Obviously, the school that you discarded has one.

AD's response: Not necessarily because of that. Because as a team we want one. But that adds a little wind to the fire.

And last but not least,

Jacka**: And what were you thinking when you watched Texas play USC last year?

AD – What was I thinking? Man, it was a great game. I mean, I was hoping Texas would win. I was rooting for Texas.

I wish AD would have drop kicked Jacka** into next week. You know he wanted to pummel him.

NormanPride
6/30/2006, 09:58 AM
Yeah, those were fairly obvious attempts to get him stirred up. I'm glad AD didn't give him anything to write about. I think this idiot must have forgotten that AD actually grew up a UT fan. He just plays for us, so we're #1. :D

Boomer.....
6/30/2006, 10:01 AM
They are just still mad that he chose OU over Texass.

Vaevictis
6/30/2006, 10:07 AM
It's too bad that AD didn't just respond, "Well, occasionally a blind squirrel finds a nut."

jackal42601
6/30/2006, 10:20 AM
It's too bad that AD didn't just respond, "Well, occasionally a blind squirrel finds a nut."

My sentiments Exactly:mack:

sooner94
6/30/2006, 10:35 AM
Just more evidence that AD is a class act. That idiot reporter was messing with him and got nothing.

These Horns get an NC every 35 years and they start to think they are a top program.

Snrfn4ever08
6/30/2006, 10:52 AM
texas only got their championship because, in his third year, vince young finally found out how to de-Mack the team

MamaMia
6/30/2006, 11:16 AM
That was a cheap shot. Is that reporter a horn?

n8v_ndn
6/30/2006, 11:21 AM
Yesterday evening Austin's ABC station ran the big OU story that AD's dad is getting out on *parole for laundering money connected to drug dealing* just in time for the RRS.

The way they played up the negative connotations of this story, versus how they gloss over and minimize the negatives of Ricky Williams' stories just made me laugh.

Jason White's Third Knee
6/30/2006, 11:31 AM
That was beautiful.

Score:
AmfD- 7
Horn reporter- 0

Sooner in Tampa
6/30/2006, 11:36 AM
Just reinforces OUr motto

TEXAS SUCKS!!!!!

swardboy
6/30/2006, 11:37 AM
I'd score it:
AmfD - 21
Horn reporter - 0
:D

snp
6/30/2006, 11:39 AM
I've never seen a fanbase as miserable and whiny over losing ONE player to an obviously superior team, espically at that time. It is freaking pathetic.

Jason White's Third Knee
6/30/2006, 12:02 PM
I'd score it:
AmfD - 21
Horn reporter - 0
:D

I stand corrected.

Herr Scholz
6/30/2006, 12:46 PM
I've never seen a fanbase as miserable and whiny over losing ONE player to an obviously superior team, espically at that time. It is freaking pathetic.
He's the one who made the derogatory comments toward UT, not the other way around. I think it was a legitimate question. Isn't it ironic that you spurned UT for OU to win a title and it backfired on you? ;)

colleyvillesooner
6/30/2006, 12:52 PM
He's the one who made the derogatory comments toward UT, not the other way around. I think it was a legitimate question. Isn't it ironic that you spurned UT for OU to win a title and it backfired on you? ;)

Yeah, one question, not 3. He was being a dick and you know it.

Sooner in Tampa
6/30/2006, 12:57 PM
He's the one who made the derogatory comments toward UT, not the other way around. I think it was a legitimate question. Isn't it ironic that you spurned UT for OU to win a title and it backfired on you? ;)F*^K You Herr...get your head out of his a$$, those questions are bull$hit and you know. Now go away you puke Texas piece of $hit!

Luthor
6/30/2006, 01:02 PM
Regardless of which journalism school he went to this asshat is a textbook example of why most people view sports writers as bottom feeding scuzz lickers. His only allegiance is to the next lead story that he's about to fabricate. It's encouraging to see that Peterson didn't lower himself to this turd's level.

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
6/30/2006, 01:03 PM
Chip Dunn is a STUPID JACKA**!!! Hook 'em

Partial Qualifier
6/30/2006, 01:09 PM
Regardless of which journalism school he went to this asshat is a textbook example of why most people view sports writers as bottom feeding scuzz lickers. His only allegiance is to the next lead story that he's about to fabricate. It's encouraging to see that Peterson didn't lower himself to this turd's level.

I almost spekked a 'horn for that <shudder>

caphorns
6/30/2006, 01:25 PM
Luthor near spec alert!! Que KC before this gets ugly.

As for the report, seems like a good line of questioning only because the questions are on people's minds. I think it gave AD a chance to show he's a class guy who's not focused on the "what ifs" this year. I'm assuming though that he asked some legitimate questions along the way?

Scott D
6/30/2006, 01:33 PM

So you are saying this guy aspires to be a Jay Marrioti, Rick Reilly, Bob Plaschke, Skip Bayless clone. Good, I was almost afraid he'd have aspriations to be his own man.

colleyvillesooner
6/30/2006, 01:35 PM
God, I hate Skip Bayless.

footballfanatic
6/30/2006, 01:43 PM
None of your antipathy towards the writer changes the irony concerning AD's choice--he DID say he chose OU cause he wanted to win championships.

sshusker
6/30/2006, 01:45 PM
AD is playing at OU because they are in a position to win a NC every year and by all appearances he is very happy with his decision. It seems this reporter was setting him up, AD handled himself with pure class.

footballfanatic
6/30/2006, 01:56 PM
AD is playing at OU because they are in a position to win a NC every year and by all appearances he is very happy with his decision. It seems this reporter was setting him up, AD handled himself with pure class.

No disagreements with that. From what little I've seen of him on camera, AD seems like a real class act. And I don't think that reporter was a rabid UT supporter. He was just doing what reporters are paid to do--get a rise from someone to create a story. From my years in NYC, I can assure you that reporters down here are amateurs compared to the vultures up there.

Luthor
6/30/2006, 01:57 PM
So you are saying this guy aspires to be a Jay Marrioti, Rick Reilly, Bob Plaschke, Skip Bayless clone. Good, I was almost afraid he'd have aspriations to be his own man.

At least Bayless and 1 or 2 of those other parasites have figured out that you can't ask exclusively Jerry Springeresque loaded questions for which there is no right answer. He ought to change his pen name to Buck Necked.

the_ouskull
6/30/2006, 02:12 PM

So you weren't here back in the Tommie Harris days then? Some of THOSE freakin' tears STILL aren't dry. ...and the best part was all the whorn fans trying to tell us that Tommie wasn't a good player, and then pointing to his stats as proof. I guess he was decent. He was a freaking All-American and a 1st round pick who is starting for one of the best D's in the NFL. Other than that, yeah, he sucked. Lol.

the_ouskull

stoopified
6/30/2006, 04:55 PM
Regardless of which journalism school he went to this asshat is a textbook example of why most people view sports writers as bottom feeding scuzz lickers. His only allegiance is to the next lead story that he's about to fabricate. It's encouraging to see that Peterson didn't lower himself to this turd's level.I cannot believe I am in complete agreement with a 'Horn.The snowstorm must be starting in HELL,ice and sub-zero temperatues to follow.

GottaHavePride
6/30/2006, 05:03 PM

I did spek him for it. I ain't skeered. ;)

And while somewhat ironic that AD chose OU over UT for the chance to play for an NC it's important to remember - he's already played for one against USC, and he's not done yet.

soonerloyal
6/30/2006, 06:38 PM
Herr Horn, when your team is actually playing for the NC with regularity, instead of every few decades (when there's a hole in the space/time contiuum), we might take your "I'm not bitter for losing AD and Bomar, REALLY!" opinion more seriously.

Nahhhhhhh...:rolleyes:

Rooster
6/30/2006, 08:29 PM
I would have liked to have seen this guy interview the Boz...

Reporter: So you went to OU because You hate the horns?

Boz: Burnt orange makes me puke!

Reporter: so when you say burnt orange you mean the horns?

Boz: The horns make me puke!

reporter: so what were you thinking when the horns played USC?

Boz: They both make me want to puke!

47straight
7/1/2006, 02:24 AM
Another reporter there tried to goad Stoops into saying that they run AD into the ground, another favorite myth of the whorns to peptuate.

The Ensuing Kickoff
7/1/2006, 09:19 AM
The school you discarded has one?

Even a retarded steer finds the salt lick now and again.

NormanPride
7/1/2006, 09:21 AM
you know, those questions weren't terrible. It wasn't like they were asking "Your father is in jail. How can he be a role model and disciplinary figure from jail?"

As you said, it would have been easy for AD to go the F-U route as far as the title, but I think it's pretty clear that he wants to win one that much more this year. The fact remains that he would have been a backup his frosh year at UT, but a starter by midseason here.

PS: this is badger, not np.

mrowl
7/1/2006, 09:52 AM
I can't find a Chip Dunn that works for the DMN, I would love to rip him a new one.

Scott D
7/1/2006, 10:19 AM
I just read the entire transcript, there were more than a few stupid questions asked by other reporters.

Jason White's Third Knee
7/1/2006, 10:22 AM

Me too, but I spekked you for almost spekking him and then thinking better of it.

Nice post Luthor... for once.

Jason White's Third Knee
7/1/2006, 10:28 AM
Luthor near spec alert!! Que KC before this gets ugly.

As for the report, seems like a good line of questioning only because the questions are on people's minds. I think it gave AD a chance to show he's a class guy who's not focused on the "what ifs" this year. I'm assuming though that he asked some legitimate questions along the way?

It's not the questions. It's the wording of the questions. He did everything to rile up AmfD except finish his questions with "Don't you feel like a stupid *** loser?"

1991SOONER
7/1/2006, 11:31 AM
texas only got their championship because, in his third year, vince young finally found out how to de-Mack the team

hA HA!! VERY TRUE

Fortunately for us, the mack is back!!!

1991SOONER
7/1/2006, 11:33 AM

Thats funny, thats exactly the way I feel about both those teams. coincidence?

Scott D
7/1/2006, 12:52 PM
oh, and from what I can tell I'm beginning to wonder if the 'reporter' in question is Chip Brown since nobody can find a Chip Dunn.

mrowl
7/1/2006, 12:55 PM
oh, and from what I can tell I'm beginning to wonder if the 'reporter' in question is Chip Brown since nobody can find a Chip Dunn.

thats what I was thinking also.

[email protected]

Scott D
7/1/2006, 12:56 PM
thats what I was thinking also.

[email protected]

conveniently Chip Brown is their sycophant of all that is the University of Testiclefreesteers.

snp
7/1/2006, 01:57 PM

What is derogatory about saying that he wants to play for national championships? How many had UT been in the past 5 years prior to AD's decision. Hint, it's 2 less than OU. Oh noes, let's hate on a kid for wanting to win.

UT had a helluva year last year. But knocking on AD for choosing the much better program, at the time (and hopefully for years to come) is retarded. Espically when OU had a long winning streak vs Texas. It's obvious why he choose OU, and crying about it is freaking pathetic.

goingoneight
7/1/2006, 05:54 PM
Why is everyone complaining abOUt this??? We already knew that AD was a class act... and the same questions could have been asked to a few aggies who dropped OU for OSU before. Yeah, the dude was a royal d*ck for going on and on abOUt it, but c'mon... Is there really a single sports journalist, in the history of sports journalism, that OU fans could actually like? Seems useless to me.

Scott D
7/1/2006, 07:13 PM
it has more to do with journalistic integrity than anything else.

picasso
7/3/2006, 01:51 PM
Another reporter there tried to goad Stoops into saying that they run AD into the ground, another favorite myth of the whorns to peptuate.
well, that one's actually true. see Chuck Long.

Bevo-Stevo
7/3/2006, 01:55 PM
conveniently Chip Brown is their sycophant of all that is the University of Testiclefreesteers

Whatever. At least he's more objective than that sooner hand-puppet Tramel you guys have up there. He should put on a cheerleading outfit when he writes.

picasso
7/3/2006, 02:00 PM
Whatever. At least he's more objective than that sooner hand-puppet Tramel you guys have up there. He should put on a cheerleading outfit when he writes.
funny, when I hear him on the radio or see him on TV, he's far from being a delusional homer.

Salt City Sooner
7/3/2006, 02:09 PM
You CANNOT be serious. If you'd have used Hale as your example, that's one thing, but using Tramel shows me you have NO clue. That guy needs exactly one SLIVER of a substantiation of a negative topic on OU to go berzerk with it.

Tear Down This Wall
7/3/2006, 02:11 PM
Newsflash -

When AD signed with OU, Texas showed no sign of sniffing a national title game, while OU had just been to one the year before, won one four years before, and had been to another BCS game in another year. Meanwhile, Texas was taking annual trips to the Holiday bowl.

When Peterson torqued Texas for 225+ yards, Texas showed no signs of sniffing even so much as a conference title. Nor when Texas almost lost to Kansas soon thereafter. It wasn't until Vince convinced Mack to stop trying to coach him that Texas started winning.

Therefore, the reporters questions were as inapproriate and short-sighted as they seem.

Finally, for the benefit of all involved...quit being shocked when people from the Dallas Morning News say and print stupid things. They possess a stable full of incompetent writers that rivals any across the soup-thin journalistic landscape of our nation's newspapers.

Tear Down This Wall
7/3/2006, 02:13 PM
You CANNOT be serious. If you'd have used Hale as your example, that's one thing, but using Tramel shows me you have NO clue. That guy needs exactly one SLIVER of a substantiation of a negative topic on OU to go berzerk with it.

Agreed. Hale and his ilk have the brownest noses of them all. I bet Bob sends him to get his coffee in the middle of interviews. Tramel goes out of his way to find flaw with OU. He prides himself on sticking it to the home team.

RedstickSooner
7/3/2006, 04:31 PM
Regardless of which journalism school he went to this asshat is a textbook example of why most people view sports writers as bottom feeding scuzz lickers.

Particularly folks who work in the newsroom -- or pretty much any department of the paper other 'n sports ;)

Texas Golfer
7/4/2006, 10:29 PM
Although I think AD handled himself quite well, I would have liked to hear him tell the reporter, "I don't regret my decision. I got to "The Game" my freshman year playing for the Sooners. I congratulate the Longhorns for their great year but it was their first national championship in more than three decades. Nah, I made the right choice."

Maybe this moron reporter inspired AD to want the ring all that much more so he'll play even harder.

Sooner in Tampa
7/5/2006, 05:28 AM
Whatever. At least he's more objective than that sooner hand-puppet Tramel you guys have up there. He should put on a cheerleading outfit when he writes.ANOTHER stupid comment from a clueless, uniformed, retard sh!t eating :texan: fan!

Stupid f&*king goober, get your facts straight before making totally moronic statements...oh, wait, you are a :texan:

It is better to have people think your an idiot, then to post something on a message board and remove all doubt.

StoopTroup
7/5/2006, 10:58 AM

heh - Spek!

reporter: Are you going to be sick?

Boz: You make me want to puke....

TheGodfather889
7/5/2006, 04:04 PM
Those were stupid questions. But I was more shocked that Adrian rooted for Texas to beat USC.

Landthief 1972
7/6/2006, 01:16 PM
Those were stupid questions. But I was more shocked that Adrian rooted for Texas to beat USC.

Somebody call GDC! We gotta revoke AD's Sooner credentials! :rolleyes: :D

Snrfn4ever08
7/6/2006, 02:25 PM
Somebody call GDC! We gotta revoke AD's Sooner credentials! :rolleyes: :D
someone call a doctor, your nuts should be cut off for that comment:D

Cam
7/8/2006, 04:02 PM
What is derogatory about saying that he wants to play for national championships? How many had UT been in the past 25+ years prior to AD's decision.
Fixed it for ya.