PDA

View Full Version : Northwestern football coach passes away....

AllAboutThe'O'
6/30/2006, 01:48 AM
Died of an apparent heart attack. This just moved across the wire a few minutes ago.
Obviously, this also hits pretty close to home since Kevin Wilson and new OU coach James Patton were former assistants under Walker at NU. Totally shocked right now.
Heartfelt sympathies go out to Northwestern and the Walker family.
:( :( :( :( :(

oumartin
6/30/2006, 02:26 AM
that is really sad...

Collier11
6/30/2006, 02:46 AM
OMG!!! I just read this on ESPN, this is so so sad. Other than the fact that this guy turned northwestern from a joke to a good team, he was a father and husband. This coupled with Lamar Odom losing his 6 month old child is just horrible. Stuff like this should make us all value our lives alot more, I am speechless...what if this were someone from OU, I would be devastated! God bless them and their families

OKC-SLC
6/30/2006, 02:49 AM
terrible news.

olevetonahill
6/30/2006, 05:02 AM
dayum :eek:
good vibes to the family

#1-Erin-Higgins-Fan
6/30/2006, 08:08 AM
What a sad sad story. I wish the best to there friends & family.

Boomer.....
6/30/2006, 08:19 AM
Very sad news. :(

swardboy
6/30/2006, 08:19 AM
Shocking and sad.....imagine it happening midway through the football season like it did last fall at Missouri Southern. I don't know how they managed to play the following Saturday.

AllAboutThe'O'
6/30/2006, 06:52 PM
Shocking and sad.....imagine it happening midway through the football season like it did last fall at Missouri Southern. I don't know how they managed to play the following Saturday.
TCU had a coach, Jim Pittman, that suffered a heart attack in the middle of a game back in the early '70s and was later pronounced dead. The Horned Frogs won the game, but I can imagine that it was just an emotional scene all around.

fossil
6/30/2006, 08:34 PM
Died of an apparent heart attack. This just moved across the wire a few minutes ago.
Obviously, this also hits pretty close to home since Kevin Wilson and new OU coach James Patton were former assistants under Walker at NU. Totally shocked right now.
Heartfelt sympathies go out to Northwestern and the Walker family.
:( :( :( :( :(
:( :( Gee, this is really sad. My prayers go out to the Walker and Northwestern families. 52 years old is just too darned old to die like that.