PDA

View Full Version : I cannot believe I'm doing this

picasso
6/29/2006, 08:18 PM
gather around people.

St. Paulie Girl has officially replaced Pacifico on my top shelf.

I'll pour some out for my dead homies.

GDC
6/29/2006, 08:27 PM
GQ said Pacifico is the best Mexican beer that needs a lime, whatever that means. The best Mexican beer is Noche Buena, but it's only available at Christmas.

usmc-sooner
6/29/2006, 08:35 PM
El Sol

C&CDean
6/29/2006, 08:37 PM
The worst Mexican beer is better than the best German beer.

TIA.

picasso
6/29/2006, 08:37 PM
GQ said Pacifico is the best Mexican beer that needs a lime, whatever that means. The best Mexican beer is Noche Buena, but it's only available at Christmas.
the hell does GQ know about beer? Pacifico needs no lime.

I once saw a pretty boy on a flight from Dallas to Tulsa. it was a hot spring day and he was wearing a turtle neck sweater with a nice jacket. his hair was slicked back and he was trying his best to look good. as we exited the plane I noticed he was holding the latest copy of GQ.

heh.:D

picasso
6/29/2006, 08:38 PM
The worst Mexican beer is better than the best German beer.

TIA.
neva!!!!!!!

the Jerries aren't just good at making cars.

King Crimson
6/29/2006, 08:39 PM
i think i like Bohemia the best of the Mexican beers. i wish "they" would teach people in Colorado mexican restaurants to serve beer in those huge quarter inch think glass goblets with smashed limes all over the inside...

i kinda like that painted on label on Sol. used to drink a lot of Modelo in cans with my Mexican buddies on Sundays at the park con las familias while they grilled up lime marinated skirt steak tacos with soft white corn tortillas and peppers and onions. that was good stuff. mixed reviews of Modelo from me.

C&CDean
6/29/2006, 08:39 PM
neva!!!!!!!

the Jerries aren't just good at making cars.

So, what're you doing tonight? Shrooms? Acid? PCP?

StoopTroup
6/29/2006, 08:40 PM
Pacifico is pretty good IMO.

StoopTroup
6/29/2006, 08:42 PM
Heh...

http://www.meneercactus.nl/mc/peyote/peyote/peyote_bloem.gif?

picasso
6/29/2006, 08:45 PM
beer my brotha, just beer.

and KC. I made a heapin mess of egg/hamburger/cheese/jalapenos/onion tacos tonight. with some hot a** fried potatoes.:D :eek:

I also fixed my grip today on the links. playing The Oaks in the morning and ready to rip it up.

C&CDean
6/29/2006, 08:48 PM

and KC. I made a heapin mess of egg/hamburger/cheese/jalapenos/onion tacos tonight. with some hot a** fried potatoes.:D :eek:

I also fixed my grip today on the links. playing The Oaks in the morning and ready to rip it up.

Please don't tell me you've got a swing coach named Langher. And you've started wearing those funky shoes. And your girlfriend is letting her leg/pit hair grow out.

Germans do not make ANYTHING worth having. Unless you like 20 pound erector set cameras.

picasso
6/29/2006, 08:52 PM
Please don't tell me you've got a swing coach named Langher. And you've started wearing those funky shoes. And your girlfriend is letting her leg/pit hair grow out.

Germans do not make ANYTHING worth having. Unless you like 20 pound erector set cameras.
ahh c'mon Dean. the Germans made hella stuff in WWII, they just didn't have God on their side.

C&CDean
6/29/2006, 08:53 PM
So, you buying a Panzer golf cart next?

King Crimson
6/29/2006, 08:55 PM

i hope the Oaks is all yer ripping up tomorrow. :D

i've told my Oaks, Jr AM qualifier story before.....made a 10 on the par 5 that runs along the fence line.....but shot about 84-78 or something. after i knew there were 25+ holes left ot play and i had no shot...i played OK for a 17 year old.

i bought my dad this book about Perry Maxwell for father's day and there was a brief chapter on the Oaks. i didn't have much time to read it before putting it in the mail. pretty cool book for Oklahoma golfers IMHO.

OCUDad
6/29/2006, 08:59 PM
Germans do not make ANYTHING worth having. Unless you like 20 pound erector set cameras.Dearest Dean: I believe you are over-generalizing.
http://f5.putfile.com/6/17921581545.jpg (http://www.putfile.com)

RacerX
6/29/2006, 09:04 PM
She looks like Willem Dafoe

picasso
6/29/2006, 09:05 PM
i hope the Oaks is all yer ripping up tomorrow. :D

i've told my Oaks, Jr AM qualifier story before.....made a 10 on the par 5 that runs along the fence line.....but shot about 84-78 or something. after i knew there were 25+ holes left ot play and i had no shot...i played OK for a 17 year old.

i bought my dad this book about Perry Maxwell for father's day and there was a brief chapter on the Oaks. i didn't have much time to read it before putting it in the mail. pretty cool book for Oklahoma golfers IMHO.
that par 5 is easy if you hit the fairway off the tee.
I still think 17 and 18 are the toughest finishing holes I've ever seen. they're better than Southern Hills.

I played great the last time I was there but still limped in on those holes. had to scramble.

picasso
6/29/2006, 09:06 PM
She looks like Willem Dafoe
the hell you say.

and Dean, a Panzer golf cart would've dominated had we not built so many Sherman pull carts.:D

OCUDad
6/29/2006, 09:07 PM
She looks like Willem DafoeThen you'd hit Willem Dafoe. :D

RacerX
6/29/2006, 09:09 PM
Nope.

Seriously, look at the eyes. It's Willem.

King Crimson
6/29/2006, 09:20 PM
that par 5 is easy if you hit the fairway off the tee.

i drove it out of bounds twice. i think. i get that day confused with a tournament at Stillwater CC where i drove it OB twice and hit it over a green on a par 3 (also OB), good shot bounced on a sprinkler head and went over the green into a home construction site--3 OB's on the first 3 holes. i was 10 over after 5, i remember that distinctly. and shot 47-37 (my grandad came to watch me play on the backnine--had to get it together).

royalfan5
6/29/2006, 09:21 PM

I think the Fendt CVT transmission pretty much owns all other high horsepower tractor transmissions.
Claas self-propelled forgage choppers are pretty bitching to, as well as Claas other hay equipment.

picasso
6/29/2006, 09:24 PM
i drove it out of bounds twice. i think. i get that day confused with a tournament at Stillwater CC where i drove it OB twice and hit it over a green on a par 3 (also OB), good shot bounced on a sprinkler head and went over the green into a home construction site--3 OB's on the first 3 holes. i was 10 over after 5, i remember that distinctly. and shot 47-37 (my grandad came to watch me play on the backnine--had to get it together).
you've got to be talking about 16. OB/fence right, fairway is over a hill, blind shot, water tower behind the green. if you spank it out there straight, you can punch a middle iron down there and chip it easy. tough SOB into the wind though.

King Crimson
6/29/2006, 09:25 PM
regardless, that's a good feeling the night before going to play a track you look forward to.

King Crimson
6/29/2006, 09:27 PM
you've got to be talking about 16. OB/fence right, fairway is over a hill, blind shot, water tower behind the green. if you spank it out there straight, you can punch a middle iron down there and chip it easy. tough SOB into the wind though.

we might have gone of both sides, and i played the back first.

it was a USGA run thing (in twosomes i think) and we played 36...so that would make sense.

Howzit
6/29/2006, 09:30 PM
Yes.

And Bass Ale, bitches.

picasso
6/29/2006, 09:30 PM
we might have gone of both sides, and i played the back first.

it was a USGA run thing (in twosomes i think) and we played 36...so that would make sense.
2 great 5's on the front. I pured #7 once, good drive and smoked a 5 iron to within 10 feet, made the putt and skipped off the green.:D
I was even there last time going into #8 and tripled it.:mad:
9 is a 215yd par 3.

picasso
6/29/2006, 09:31 PM
Yes.

And Bass Ale, bitches.
I am down with thee Bass, especially on tap.

King Crimson
6/29/2006, 09:36 PM
bass is good on tap. i like Fullers ESB a touch more.

one summer i had a job on campus corner and Brothers had an afternoon happy hour right when i got off work....and they had Bass 11 oz (eerrr 12 oz) mugs 2 for 1 and a free all you can eat taco bar. 6 bucks for 4 beers and free tacos and buck for yer waitress.

picasso
6/29/2006, 09:38 PM
bass is good on tap. i like Fullers ESB a touch more.

one summer i had a job on campus corner and Brothers had an afternoon happy hour right when i got off work....and they had Bass 11 oz (eerrr 12 oz) mugs 2 for 1 and a free all you can eat taco bar. 6 bucks for 4 beers and free tacos and buck for yer waitress.
sounds like a Johnny Miller green light special.

GottaHavePride
6/30/2006, 12:06 AM
She looks like a 20-pound erector set.

Wait, what?

Oh, and let's see... worst Mexican beer. Corona. Ok. Better than best German beer. I'm slightly torn, but for the sake of argument, I'll go with Paulaner Oktoberfest (and that's just one of the better ones I've had in this country).

No, sorry, Paulaner totally pwns Corona. Hell, most Mexicans I know won't even drink Corona.

Xstnlsooner
6/30/2006, 06:59 AM
Hey Pic!! You give me no spec for buyin that first case or nuthin??
I think I still prefer the Pacifico, mi armano!

Deutschland uber alles!!

picasso
6/30/2006, 08:21 AM
Hey Pic!! You give me no spec for buyin that first case or nuthin??
I think I still prefer the Pacifico, mi armano!

Deutschland uber alles!!
ooops. spek to my brother for bringing home the Pauli Girl.

GDC
6/30/2006, 11:36 AM
the hell does GQ know about beer? Pacifico needs no lime.

I once saw a pretty boy on a flight from Dallas to Tulsa. it was a hot spring day and he was wearing a turtle neck sweater with a nice jacket. his hair was slicked back and he was trying his best to look good. as we exited the plane I noticed he was holding the latest copy of GQ.

heh.:D

When you've read everything else on the magazine rack at the gym, sometimes it gets down to GQ and Details. I didn't say I agreed with it, I've never put lime in a beer.

Jimminy Crimson
6/30/2006, 11:42 AM
Hell, most people with a pulse won't even drink Corona.

:eddie:

OklahomaRed
6/30/2006, 12:09 PM
Let's see what would happen at the next SF tailgate if there is nothing there but three frickin' cases of Corona that's been iced down for a couple of hours. Let's put out a big old bowl of sliced limes, and then we will see who even will drink it, and keep a second tabulation on who puts a lime in it? :D

colleyvillesooner
6/30/2006, 12:11 PM
Let's see what would happen at the next SF tailgate if there is nothing there but three frickin' cases of Corona that's been iced down for a couple of hours. Let's put out a big old bowl of sliced limes, and then we will see who even will drink it, and keep a second tabulation on who puts a lime in it? :D

I second this motion. He'll, in most of the pictures, people are drinking Bud Light. :D

OU4LIFE
6/30/2006, 12:20 PM
Paulie girl?

you are both

dead.

to.

me.

Pacfico owns. period.

49r
6/30/2006, 12:25 PM
Beer Smack. :rolleyes:

GDC
6/30/2006, 03:21 PM
Also Bohemia and Negra Modelo.

colleyvillesooner
6/30/2006, 03:25 PM
Beer Smack. :rolleyes:

Dude, people here get all uppity when it comes to beer talk. IF you're not paying at least $5.00 a pint, you're drinking ****. :D

JohnnyMack
6/30/2006, 03:26 PM
Fuller's London Porter pwns all of your ghey beers.

colleyvillesooner
6/30/2006, 03:35 PM
Oh, yeah, and it should have at least 3 words in the name.

SoonerWood
6/30/2006, 03:49 PM
Went to the liquor store to break in my new house with a case of Bass, Boddingtons and Chimay blue label and red label.

Never tried the Boddingtons or Chimay before. Won't be able to say that after tonight. Anyone like 'em?

picasso
6/30/2006, 03:54 PM
you folks would not believe the crowd just now at Fred Parkhill's on Lewis. whoa.
I saw 2 different guys who had over 25 bottles of wine in their carts.

and KC. I shot a ho-hum 80. with an unmentionable amount of putts missed. 6 bridie putts within 10 feet missed.:mad:
short game let me down.

JohnnyMack
6/30/2006, 03:59 PM
Went to the liquor store to break in my new house with a case of Bass, Boddingtons and Chimay purple label and red label.

Never tried the Boddingtons or Chimay before. Won't be able to say that after tonight. Anyone like 'em?

Bass and Boddington's are both solid. I've never had Chimay purple. Had the blue and the red and they're both good so I imagine this stuff'll be good too.

JohnnyMack
6/30/2006, 04:00 PM
Oh, yeah, and it should have at least 3 words in the name.

Have you tried the new You're A No Talent A** Clown Light? It's good. :D

SoonerWood
6/30/2006, 04:06 PM
I meant red when I wrote purple - fixed

JohnnyMack
6/30/2006, 04:09 PM
http://www.ratebeer.com

King Crimson
6/30/2006, 05:11 PM
Went to the liquor store to break in my new house with a case of Bass, Boddingtons and Chimay blue label and red label.

Boddigton's is good. make sure and drink the CHimay out of a glass like it says on the bottle--a wine glass will do or a wide mouth rocks glass...and not too cold. or: you'll be wondering why you dropped the coin for it.

SoonerWood
6/30/2006, 08:26 PM
Boddigton's is good. make sure and drink the CHimay out of a glass like it says on the bottle--a wine glass will do or a wide mouth rocks glass...and not too cold. or: you'll be wondering why you dropped the coin for it.

Funny

I was half way through the bottle of blue label thinking to myself, hmmm this needs to be in a wide mouth glass.

It does. I did. It's good. Real good.

It never crossed my mind to read the label for drinking instructions first...

King Crimson
6/30/2006, 08:37 PM
Funny

I was half way through the bottle of blue label thinking to myself, hmmm this needs to be in a wide mouth glass.

It does. I did. It's good. Real good.

It never crossed my mind to read the label for drinking instructions first...

right on. the Belgians are weird but they can brew beer. big time.

Newbomb Turk
6/30/2006, 08:49 PM
you people pay too much money for beer.

Natural Light is where it's at.

Mongo
6/30/2006, 09:00 PM
you people pay too much money for beer.

Natural Light is where it's at.

Grey Spek to Newbomb. Being a connusor of beverages, like I am, It is about pleasuring the palate, not diluting constantly with the best of the best. ****** your mouth with the flavor of America: Pabst, Lone Star, High Life, Keystone Light, Natural Light, or any Bud, Coors, Miller product. Only after this douching, will you fully understand the microbrew, or Hoighty-Toighty Import biz.

Newbomb Turk
6/30/2006, 09:08 PM
Grey Spek to Newbomb. Being a connusor of beverages, like I am, It is about pleasuring the palate, not diluting constantly with the best of the best. ****** your mouth with the flavor of America: Pabst, Lone Star, High Life, Keystone Light, Natural Light, or any Bud, Coors, Miller product. Only after this douching, will you fully understand the microbrew, or Hoighty-Toighty Import biz.

that reminds me - I haven't had any Pabst Blue Ribbon since high school. I needs to find me some of that.

GottaHavePride
6/30/2006, 09:09 PM

That's why you play caps. A night of drinking games, consuming warm Keystone with dirty bottle caps floating in it, really makes you appreciate a beer that isn't ****. ;)

Newbomb Turk
6/30/2006, 09:14 PM
That's why you play caps. A night of drinking games, consuming warm Keystone with dirty bottle caps floating in it, really makes you appreciate a beer that isn't ****. ;)

I miss college life. :(

Mongo
6/30/2006, 09:25 PM

Like I said, I am a connusor of the alcohol beverages. But I would never go out of my way and by the best of teh best every chance I got. Maybe Ol Mongo puts away more booze than the average panda, but this panda aint splurgin' on the delicacies of life.

Why GHP, you askin' me to play quarters or something?:)

picasso
6/30/2006, 11:37 PM
****** is the word.

Zbird
6/30/2006, 11:59 PM
One word guys:

GROLSCH!
Best Euro beer.

Don't drink Messican beer. Most of it's rerun Old Milwaukee filtered through wetback kidneys and your grannie's pantyhose.

For a good American beer grab you a Moose Drool. ( I know it's available in Wyoming and Colordo, and produced in Minnesota I think.)

picasso
7/1/2006, 10:20 AM
people tend to forget there's some major league upper class types in Mexico. and they make the beer.
also, Anheiser Busch now owns many of the Messican brews.

belch.

King Crimson
7/1/2006, 10:55 AM
and Miller has bought all the former, local old timey small breweries in the upper midwest and especially Wisconsin....and gradually bleeds them out of business.

it's also a bit erroneous to completely seperate mexican or even latino beers from the germans or central euro brewing tradition....there's clearly "some" influence historically. look at the teutonic bird on the Tecate label, or Costa Rica's Imperial....or Bohemia is a place in the former Czechoslovakia.

http://realbeer.com/nmvbp/graphics/jpeg/imperial.jpg

and just cuz someone had tried a thing or two doesn't mean their a snob. inna day i've pulled plenty of 12 packs of Hamm's or Natty of the shelf when that was what i could afford....and enjoyed them immensely especial-like on a hot summer day. when i have the coin, i like a different brew these days.

GDC
7/1/2006, 05:36 PM
Plus tejano music has a nice polka beat.

King Crimson
7/1/2006, 05:46 PM
Plus tejano music has a nice polka beat.

exactly. oom-pah, oom pah bass line.....accordian solo.....

King Crimson
7/1/2006, 05:49 PM
and one of Gregory Peck's finest roles:

http://www.harvardfilmarchive.org/calendars/05_summer/images/boys_from_brazil.jpg

picasso
7/1/2006, 11:12 PM
and Miller has bought all the former, local old timey small breweries in the upper midwest and especially Wisconsin....and gradually bleeds them out of business.

it's also a bit erroneous to completely seperate mexican or even latino beers from the germans or central euro brewing tradition....there's clearly "some" influence historically. look at the teutonic bird on the Tecate label, or Costa Rica's Imperial....or Bohemia is a place in the former Czechoslovakia.

http://realbeer.com/nmvbp/graphics/jpeg/imperial.jpg

and just cuz someone had tried a thing or two doesn't mean their a snob. inna day i've pulled plenty of 12 packs of Hamm's or Natty of the shelf when that was what i could afford....and enjoyed them immensely especial-like on a hot summer day. when i have the coin, i like a different brew these days.
isn't Pacifico brewed by a German or something to that effect. and do not ever compare it to Corona.:)

hurricane'bone
7/1/2006, 11:18 PM

Oh yeah.

GDC
7/2/2006, 05:15 PM
I have known quite a few Mexican nationals of at least partial German descent.