PDA

View Full Version : Tomato growers

MamaMia
6/29/2006, 03:31 PM
Have ya'lls blooms set yet? I only had a couple tomatoes from 14 plants. I have 4 varieties. I think mine are just starting to. They kind of got that spread apart blossom look they get right before they start to grow fruit. The few little cool spells we had in between rain showers must of done the trick.

oumartin
6/29/2006, 03:32 PM
the woman i live with has some in a pot in the backyard.. they are tall but no tomatos yet that i've seen.

Mjcpr
6/29/2006, 03:33 PM
We have only two plants and we picked the first 3 ripe tomatoes last night.

C&CDean
6/29/2006, 03:37 PM
When I left last Monday for Indy, our plants were hanging with tomatoes and blossoms. Hundreds. We've got jetstars and some other variety momma picked up (girly something or others).

oumartin
6/29/2006, 03:39 PM
the ones we have might have gotten a late start. i power wheels jeep repeatedly knocking them over might have stunted their growth..

TopDaugIn2000
6/29/2006, 03:47 PM
I've had lots of green ones, but they all had "brown rot" according to my grandpa. So I added lime to the soil and now the new green ones seem to be OK. Just waiting for them to get ripe.

I'll be out of town all next week, so I figure everything will be ready to pick while I'm gone.

MamaMia
6/29/2006, 04:15 PM
Maybe I planted mine too close together? I'm thinking about pulling a few up.

proud gonzo
6/29/2006, 04:17 PM
i don't know because GHP hasn't given me an update recently.... he's having allergy problems so gardening is probably a no-no for a while

GottaHavePride
6/29/2006, 05:30 PM
Last time I was out there I didn't see any tomatoes yet, although I didn't get very close to the really freakin' tall plant in the back. There are only peppers on one of the plants, but I think it's an early-to mid-season plant and some of the others are late-season plants.

SoonerStormchaser
6/29/2006, 05:45 PM
One mature cherry tomato...that's it thus far...only a few other fruiting...lots of blooms...

C&CDean
6/29/2006, 06:04 PM
Last time I was out there I didn't see any tomatoes yet, although I didn't get very close to the really freakin' tall plant in the back. There are only peppers on one of the plants, but I think it's an early-to mid-season plant and some of the others are late-season plants.

Well for the love of Martha Stewart, suit up before touching any of them bubble boy.

mrowl
6/29/2006, 06:04 PM
pulled about 20 yesterday.....

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...good.

GottaHavePride
6/29/2006, 06:28 PM
Well for the love of Martha Stewart, suit up before touching any of them bubble boy.

I plan to - I still want to wait another day or two to make sure I'm not going to go haywire when I step outside. ;)

AlbqSooner
6/29/2006, 07:26 PM
I am in New Mex, so it doesn't relate to when stuff bears fruit in Oklahoma, but I have already eaten 3 Romas and an Early Girl. (That is a type of tomato, Stanley, calm down.)