PDA

View Full Version : Hooray! I'm on steroids!

GottaHavePride
6/29/2006, 03:03 PM
Farging allergies. Who knew I was allergic to yellow squash? Not me. But apparently those little stickers you feel when you grab it bare-handed? (I thought it just felt funny, but apparently those actually jab into your skin.)
Oh yeah. Allergy time. On the bright side, this isn't nearly as bad as some things I've reacted to. Probably only 1/4 of my body itched, and the asthma never kicked in. I am now on Prednisone, so the itching is dying down. I think I'll still have to wait for the little tiny blisters on my hands to go away, though.

I'm ok so long as no one makes me angry. Then it's GHP SMASH!!!!

;)

TopDaugIn2000
6/29/2006, 03:07 PM
dang

BeetDigger
6/29/2006, 03:09 PM
Your defense against the claim that you seem to be sick all of the time is now ringing rather hollow. :D

Mjcpr
6/29/2006, 03:09 PM
Now where did I put that Mort Goldman pic?

:D

GottaHavePride
6/29/2006, 03:10 PM
This wasn't like emergency-room allergy time. This was more like "OK, I've been itching for a day and a half and it isn't going away. Screw this."

GottaHavePride
6/29/2006, 03:11 PM
Your defense against the claim that you seem to be sick all of the time is now ringing rather hollow. :D

Hey, I can't help if it all attacks at once. Before the past week or so, I had had a good run. ;)

Don't ask about sixth grade. At one point I think I was absent 24 out of 36 school days in sixth grade. That was probably my low point.

MamaMia
6/29/2006, 03:17 PM
Just so you know, prednisone has potential side effects, like mood swings, increased hair growth and facial mooning, which is also called "chipmunk cheeks.

It can also cause increased appetite, night sweats, acne, headaches and weight gain.

Hope your rash gets better. :)

Mjcpr
6/29/2006, 03:17 PM
We used to do a lot of facial moonings in college.

Don't be the first to pass out, that's all I'm sayin'.

TopDaugIn2000
6/29/2006, 03:19 PM
Just so you know, prednisone has potential side effects, like mood swings, increased hair growth and facial mooning, which is also called "chipmunk cheeks.

It can also cause increased appetite, night sweats, acne, headaches and weight gain.

sounds a lot like PMS

GottaHavePride
6/29/2006, 03:22 PM

Thanks. I'll risk it. ;)

C&CDean
6/29/2006, 03:25 PM
I guess brains = allergies.

Cause all my kids are dumbasses - and ain't allergic to anything.

Scott D
6/29/2006, 03:27 PM
Thanks. I'll risk it. ;)

enjoy your shrinking nads ;)

GottaHavePride
6/29/2006, 03:28 PM
I couldn't tell you. I think it's genetic. My dad had to have allergy shots too, but my mom's pretty much just allergic to mold. Either that or city people place way too much emphasis on a sterile environment for babies and you wind up with allergies. who knows? I just know it sucks.

GottaHavePride
6/29/2006, 03:29 PM
Hey, I can't help if it all attacks at once. Before the past week or so, I had had a good run. ;)

Don't ask about sixth grade. At one point I think I was absent 24 out of 36 school days in sixth grade. That was probably my low point.

Oh, and Happy 15,000th post, me!

C&CDean
6/29/2006, 03:34 PM
I couldn't tell you. I think it's genetic. My dad had to have allergy shots too, but my mom's pretty much just allergic to mold. Either that or city people place way too much emphasis on a sterile environment for babies and you wind up with allergies. who knows? I just know it sucks.

I think the whole "sterile environment" has much to do with it. Seriously. We lived in squalor and filth. Well not really squalor, or filth, but I do remember when once on a week, on Saturday nights, us kids got us a bath. My 2 sisters got the bath water first, then me and my brother got our turn in the same gray, tepid water. I ate dog food. I picked fruit/veggies off the vine/tree and ate them. I crawled around in every kind of cactus, poison ivy, etc. I didn't wash my hands for days. And I ain't allergic to ****. Well, except Penecillin - which I didn't become allergic to until I had massive doses for a staph infection - that probably happened due to my poor hygiene......

slickdawg
6/29/2006, 03:45 PM
So you got a medrol dospak?

As I told PG this spring, don't deviate from the instructions on taking them,
you can mess your guts up really bad.

Ike
6/29/2006, 03:56 PM
I've notified Jim Hendry, General Manager of the Chicago Cubs about this recent development. He will soon be contacting you to offer you a contract with the Cubs.

Personally, I'd hold out for at leas 2 million.

Oh, and I get 10% finders fee. :D

proud gonzo
6/29/2006, 04:42 PM

i took steroids for allergies back in march and though i have never even heard of "facial mooning", i did not have increased hair growth, acne, night sweats or weight gain. and since my allergies were already causing a lot of problems my moods weren't swinging much. they were pretty much sticking with "p*ssed off" all the time. and i don't think it's possible to increase my appetite... so that didn't really happen either. oh, and my face (and fingers) were already puffy so the steroids didn't make that worse, it got better.

i had the joy of my throat trying to close up, he gets blisters on his hands. go figure.

GottaHavePride
6/29/2006, 05:25 PM
So you got a medrol dospak?

As I told PG this spring, don't deviate from the instructions on taking them,
you can mess your guts up really bad.

No, it was a bottle of pills. I'm suppposed to take 4 a day for 6 days, then 2 a day for 4 days, then 1 a day for 4 days. And I almost always follow the dosing instructions to the letter unless I'm really familiar with the drug and how it works.

Oh, and Dean, I share the penicillin allergy - I think it was because when I was a little kid I used to get tonsilitis all the freakin' time (still have my tonsils!) and every single time they gave me Amoxicillin. Once I became allergic to that stuff I think I wound up trying just about every other antibiotic they could think of.

slickdawg
6/29/2006, 05:32 PM
No, it was a bottle of pills. I'm suppposed to take 4 a day for 6 days, then 2 a day for 4 days, then 1 a day for 4 days. And I almost always follow the dosing instructions to the letter unless I'm really familiar with the drug and how it works.

Oh, and Dean, I share the penicillin allergy - I think it was because when I was a little kid I used to get tonsilitis all the freakin' time (still have my tonsils!) and every single time they gave me Amoxicillin. Once I became allergic to that stuff I think I wound up trying just about every other antibiotic they could think of.

Sounds like a superdose! Mine are usually 6 the first day, 5 the next,
tapering down to 1 on the 6th day

GottaHavePride
6/29/2006, 05:34 PM
That's why I e-mailed my regular allergist to ask if that sounds right.

Oh, and the girl doing the prescribing was very cute. Sucks to have to show off a nasty rash and blistery hands to a cute chick. :O

leavingthezoo
6/29/2006, 07:33 PM
sounds like you and pg need bubbles.

Frozen Sooner
6/29/2006, 07:40 PM
It's the non-breast feeding. Antibodies and whatnot get passed along through the breast milk.

proud gonzo
6/29/2006, 07:47 PM
um.... I think we WERE breast fed

jk the sooner fan
6/29/2006, 07:48 PM
i took steroids for allergies back in march and though i have never even heard of "facial mooning", i did not have increased hair growth, acne, night sweats or weight gain. and since my allergies were already causing a lot of problems my moods weren't swinging much. they were pretty much sticking with "p*ssed off" all the time. and i don't think it's possible to increase my appetite... so that didn't really happen either. oh, and my face (and fingers) were already puffy so the steroids didn't make that worse, it got better.

i had the joy of my throat trying to close up, he gets blisters on his hands. go figure.

hmmm, by chance did it shrink your testicles?

Frozen Sooner
6/29/2006, 07:54 PM
um.... I think we WERE breast fed

I am struggling SO hard right now to not type "pics?"

You should be proud of me.

StoopTroup
6/29/2006, 08:30 PM
Speaking of facial mooning...

Check out this mushroom...:D

http://www.picturealabama.com/gallery/data/media/15/DSC_0025_copy.jpg

slickdawg
6/29/2006, 09:26 PM

Oh, and the girl doing the prescribing was very cute. Sucks to have to show off a nasty rash and blistery hands to a cute chick. :O

That bites. Go back for a check-up in two weeks. :D

proud gonzo
6/29/2006, 10:04 PM
hmmm, by chance did it shrink your testicles?

yeah, they're totally nonexistant! :rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
6/29/2006, 10:05 PM
yeah, they're totally nonexistant! :rolleyes:

holee crap, i'd see a doc about that! :)

proud gonzo
6/29/2006, 10:05 PM

if I wasn't such a nice sister I'd say something like "good, maybe it kept her from noticing your dorky face" but I'm a nice sister... I would never say anything like that :D

GottaHavePride
6/30/2006, 12:09 AM
That bites. Go back for a check-up in two weeks. :D

Actually, I believe the exact words she used were "And I want to see you again on Monday." Of course that could just be a doctor way of saying "so I can make sure your face hasn't melted off by then."

Oh, and I'll be getting even with PG later... using the wrong types of peppers in recipes when she least expects it... ;)

proud gonzo
6/30/2006, 12:18 AM
I will fong you

GottaHavePride
6/30/2006, 12:21 AM
Hey, since I was stuck inside today I tried making tortillas. It was fast, easy, and they taste WAY better than storebought.

proud gonzo
6/30/2006, 12:21 AM
they didn't suck? that's pretty impressive

olevetonahill
6/30/2006, 12:23 AM
Bro I hate to say this , But your 9 inch squash just shrunk to 1/2 inch :eek:
Ask your sister .

hurricane'bone
6/30/2006, 12:27 AM
I couldn't tell you. I think it's genetic.

your shrinking nads are genetic?