PDA

View Full Version : Lonely wind whistling through Dean's Canyon of Death

Mjcpr
6/29/2006, 01:55 PM
-- 12-year-old boy dies on Disney's Rock'n'Roller coaster at Disney-MGM studios in Orlando, Florida, officials tell CNN.

:eek: Damn! We rode this several times just last week.....12 year old kid and under to boot!

sooneron
6/29/2006, 02:07 PM
:eek: Damn! We rode this several times just last week!
:eek:

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/3037/image070ak.gif

yermom
6/29/2006, 02:15 PM
didn't a kid die on or after riding something else in the last year?

Mjcpr
6/29/2006, 02:15 PM
* - Title changed to encourage more interest

Mjcpr
6/29/2006, 02:16 PM
didn't a kid die on or after riding something else in the last year?

Not sure, but I think there was an older lady who died recently after riding Mission: Space.

Viking Kitten
6/29/2006, 02:17 PM
* - Title changed to encourage more interest

You were probably better off with the original.

Mjcpr
6/29/2006, 02:19 PM
You were probably better off with the original.

:D

Got you in here didn't it?

Viking Kitten
6/29/2006, 02:21 PM
Only because I couldn't think of a good smartass remark with which to retort to the original.

Mjcpr
6/29/2006, 02:32 PM
MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- A 12-year-old boy died on a roller coaster at Disney-MGM Studios in Orlando, Florida, on Thursday, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

Disney could not be reached for comment, and few details were available.
The boy was unresponsive in his seat at the end of the Rock 'N' Roller coaster ride, said Terry McElroy of the Florida Department of Agriculture, which regulates the industry.

The boy was given CPR and taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Authorities don't know at this time if he was riding by himself or with family members.
The incident occurred at 11:30 a.m. Disney reported the accident to Florida police at 1 p.m.

Disney shut down the ride and an inspector was on site to observe the Disney investigation. The Orange County Sheriff's Office is conducting an investigation as well.

Disney boasts of the ride on its Web site, "Zoom from 0-60 mph with the force of a supersonic F-14, take in high-speed loops and turns synchronized to a specially recorded Aerosmith soundtrack and zip through Tinseltown in the biggest, loudest limo you've ever seen."

One month ago, another child died on the Disney ride "Mission Space" at the Epcot Center.

C&CDean
6/29/2006, 02:34 PM
Sorry, but 12 year old boys ain't my cup of tea.

sooneron
6/29/2006, 02:36 PM
A kid died at NY's Rye Playland after he fell off the little boat ride and drowned. He was 4 or something.

Mjcpr
6/30/2006, 08:22 AM
So, lawyer types......is Disney liable when these things occur (assuming, as appears to be the case, that the ride did not malfunction in any way)? The recent deaths at Disney have been from pre-existing, unknown conditions as opposed to the coasters crashing to the ground or something so I don't really see how they could be held liable. Obviously, it isn't good publicity, but I was just wondering if they're on the hook for big payouts when this happens.

Osce0la
6/30/2006, 10:29 AM
So, lawyer types......is Disney liable when these things occur (assuming, as appears to be the case, that the ride did not malfunction in any way)? The recent deaths at Disney have been from pre-existing, unknown conditions as opposed to the coasters crashing to the ground or something so I don't really see how they could be held liable. Obviously, it isn't good publicity, but I was just wondering if they're on the hook for big payouts when this happens.
Somebody will likely try to sue one of these days, and Disney will settle it out of court for an outrageous amount of money.

NormanPride
6/30/2006, 10:35 AM
Terrible... Hopefully the kid left thrilled to be on a fun ride... :(

Mjcpr
6/30/2006, 01:02 PM
-- Preliminary autopsy results found no injuries, but indicated congenital heart abnormalities in a 12-year-old boy who died after a Disney ride in Florida, according to a statement from the medical examiner’s office.