PDA

View Full Version : how an afternoon meeting saved my job...

jk the sooner fan
6/29/2006, 09:28 AM
so yesterday afternoon i'm in a meeting, for a little over an hour

i come out and have a note that a claimant had called wanting to speak to his adjusters supervisor

this claimant lives in the lovely town of Vidor, Tx and a couple of months ago when our appraiser showed up at his residence to write a repair estimate on his vehicle, the idiot pulls a shotgun and makes some veiled threats

alrighty then

so yesterday he threatens to go "postal" on our workplace.....and we had to call the police to file a report

so how did it save my job? well all our calls are recorded and the young man in the call center who took the call, did an outstanding job of keeping his cool while this guy was dropping f bombs and calling our adjuster the "C" word

had it been transferred to me, i just dont know that i would have been as nice to him......and of course since the police had to get involved, the president of the company has the recorded calls forwarded to him to listen.....i just dont think he would have appreciated hearing what i wanted to tell this guy

wish i could post the wave file of the call, totally NSFW with the language but a hoot to listen too

crawfish
6/29/2006, 09:29 AM
Tell her I really didn't mean the "C" word.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/29/2006, 09:30 AM
It was gdc, wasn't it?

:D

Sooner24
6/29/2006, 09:30 AM

i come out and have a note that a claimant had called wanting to speak to his adjusters supervisor

this claimant lives in the lovely town of Vidor, Tx and a couple of months ago when our appraiser showed up at his residence to write a repair estimate on his vehicle, the idiot pulls a shotgun and makes some veiled threats

alrighty then

so yesterday he threatens to go "postal" on our workplace.....and we had to call the police to file a report

so how did it save my job? well all our calls are recorded and the young man in the call center who took the call, did an outstanding job of keeping his cool while this guy was dropping f bombs and calling our adjuster the "C"word

had it been transferred to me, i just dont know that i would have been as nice to him......and of course since the police had to get involved, the president of the company has the recorded calls forwarded to him to listen.....i just dont think he would have appreciated hearing what i wanted to tell this guy

wish i could post the wave file of the call, totally NSFW with the language but a hoot to listen too

Cheater? :confused:

jk the sooner fan
6/29/2006, 09:31 AM
It was gdc, wasn't it?

:D

it was a dbhuge type of meltdown

Sooner24
6/29/2006, 09:31 AM
Tell her I really didn't mean the "C" word.

He said it was a guy that took the call. :confused:

Sooner24
6/29/2006, 09:33 AM
I know He called him Carrot Top!!!

http://www.meatriarchy.com/wp-content/CarrotTop.jpg

crawfish
He said it was a guy that took the call. :confused:

I still didn't mean it. ;)

Jimminy Crimson
...and calling our adjuster the "C" word...

:les:CARNIVORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!1

crawfish
6/29/2006, 09:34 AM

http://www.crooksandliars.com/images/MrWu.jpg

JohnnyMack
6/29/2006, 09:37 AM
Cowboy?

jk the sooner fan
6/29/2006, 09:38 AM
a man took the call but the adjuster is a female

Jimminy Crimson
6/29/2006, 09:38 AM

NSFW (http://hitcoffee.net/images/cheater-car.jpg)

Very funny.

No nakedness or anything, just a word that isn't very work appropriate. :twinkies:

Jimminy Crimson
6/29/2006, 09:39 AM
the adjuster is a female

Oh, I'll adjust her, alright.
Is she hawt?

;)

jk the sooner fan
6/29/2006, 09:42 AM
****ry music fan......or something like that

GrapevineSooner
6/29/2006, 09:49 AM

alrighty then

so how did it save my job? well all our calls are recorded and the young man in the call center who took the call, did an outstanding job of keeping his cool while this guy was dropping f bombs and calling our adjuster the "C" word

Reason #7,365 why I'm glad I work in a corporate IT call center.

Dio
6/29/2006, 11:34 AM
Well, at least he didn't chain the appraiser to the back of his pickup...

GottaHavePride
6/29/2006, 12:20 PM
NSFW (http://hitcoffee.net/images/cheater-car.jpg)

Very funny.

No nakedness or anything, just a word that isn't very work appropriate. :twinkies:

What, wanker?

;)

Jimminy Crimson
6/29/2006, 12:34 PM
What, wanker?

;)

Yes. Wanker.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/icons/icon15.gif

proud gonzo
6/29/2006, 01:06 PM
i thought he was talking about BARSTARD

cracker?