PDA

View Full Version : Had To Get A New Laptop

SoonerBorn68
6/28/2006, 09:36 PM
The bargin HP Pavilion took a dump on location. It just lost power & wouldn't start back up...nothing, nada. I will say that HP support was an absolute pleasant suprise, as they took my info & will be fixing it under warranty for free. I can't complain in the least. My advice to anyone who owns a laptop--get it registered. My receipt disappeared a while ago & they didn't care. "We'll send you a warranty box & just send it in pre-paid & we'll fix or replace it." I just wished I'd backed it up sooner.

OK, on to the new toy. It's an Avaretec 3700 (http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2544). It's one of those tiny 12.1" thingies. I'm mucho impressed. It's got an AMD Sempron 1.8GHZ/512 DDR RAM/80gig HD/DVDRW. Not too shabby. It was on clearance at Sam's for $475.

Mrs. '68 is jealous, meaning I'm going to be buying her one very, very soon. The kids will take over the HP & my master plan of getting away from the desktop will be almost complete.

SoonerStormchaser
6/28/2006, 09:38 PM
Can I get in on this action?

SoonerBorn68
6/28/2006, 09:45 PM
Sure, just take $475 to Sam's...just not Norman 'cause I bought the last one. ;)

GottaHavePride
6/29/2006, 12:11 AM
See, I really prefer having a desktop to a laptop. I can do all my own work on a desktop and they're so easy to upgrade. If I ever get another laptop it will be as a supplement to my desktop, not as a replacement.