PDA

View Full Version : Micorsoft sucks ***!

achiro
6/28/2006, 03:38 PM
I bought an xbox 360 back at the release in November. Soon after some people started having problems with overheating and freezing up. Some of us others thought we were lucky and got one from a "good batch" Not so, the same problems are still popping up in the consoles. Mine died a few days ago. I called today and they went through the whole diagnostic thing with me, it is the console. Guess what, the warranty was only 3 months, then extended three more months(I think its because they were having so much trouble with them). So here I am with an xbox thats just barely over 6 months old that doesn't work and they want me to pay to repair it. Its not really even about the money to fix it. It would be one thing if it was an isolated thing but this is a problem that is consistantly happening with several units and they aren't fixing it!!!!!

Any of you lawyers interested in a class action?:texan:

Mjcpr
6/28/2006, 03:40 PM
Ours works fine.

yermom
6/28/2006, 03:42 PM
i heard the power bricks were over heating

XBox sux0rs anyway ;)

1stTimeCaller
6/28/2006, 03:44 PM
hahahahahhahahahha

early adopters.

yermom
6/28/2006, 03:48 PM
hahahahahhahahahha

beta testers.

fixed ;)

hurricane'bone
6/28/2006, 04:08 PM
heh

Ike
6/28/2006, 04:21 PM
so what exactly is the problem? With a bit of research, you can probably fix it yourself, at minimum costs....but it voids the warranty to do so.

since the warranty is already expired, I'd go ahead and crack it open if I were you.

this site seems to have some pretty good tutorials...
http://llamma.com/xbox/

GottaHavePride
6/28/2006, 04:32 PM
XBox sux0rs anyway ;)

Make whatever arguments you want, it comes down to two simple facts.

1. Microsoft beat Sony to the punch this time.

2. Microsoft owns Bungie, and therefore Halo as well.

Sony = pwn3d.

yermom
6/28/2006, 04:37 PM
beat them to the punch with a crappy system that crashes? great idea to put out a buggy system that you will then charge to fix :D

do you get the BSOD? :P

i just never liked the XBox... but i'm not THAT big of a gamer

ps... i hate Halo too

NormanPride
6/28/2006, 04:38 PM

Sony = pwn3d.

Hahahaha! Riiiight...

The only, I repeat ONLY thing that will pwn sony is if their format gets rejected. They have the Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Dragon Quest, and countless other series' to pull people to their system. They have tons of proven third party developers to make games for their system. Microsoft has whoever they've bought up and a few other newbie dev groups. Japan also likes Sony a lot better than the XBox, so they'll be fine there.

Don't get me wrong. I want Sony to fail as well. I'm rooting for the Wii this time around because of its ingenuity and Nintendo's drive to improve. I don't buy into the Sony/Microsoft polygon arms race at all.

GottaHavePride
6/28/2006, 04:46 PM
Hahahaha! Riiiight...
I meant that's all that matters to me. :D Really, the only Sony game franchise that I really miss on the X-Box is Gran Turismo. Everything else that I play is on the X-Box.

I don't have a 360 yet - can't afford it yet and Halo 3 isn't out yet either, so I'm happy to wait. But I will say that if you play, for example, NCAA football on the PS2, and then play the exact same game over on the X-Box, the graphics are way better over on the X-Box.

And FYI yermom, no - I think the last time I saw a BSOD I was running Windows 3.11 on a 66 MHz processor. ;)

49r
6/28/2006, 04:50 PM
:les: GET A MAC!!!

oh, wait...

jrsooner
6/28/2006, 04:52 PM
I bought an xbox 360 back at the release in November. Soon after some people started having problems with overheating and freezing up. Some of us others thought we were lucky and got one from a "good batch" Not so, the same problems are still popping up in the consoles. Mine died a few days ago. Just wait until the PS3 hits the market and see that break all the time. 8-) I've bought 2 PS2s in the past 18 months and both have broken! One can't read a single disk anymore, and the other I have to use the PS2 remote controller to get it to turn on and off!

yermom
6/28/2006, 04:57 PM
:les: GET A MAC!!!

oh, wait...

;)

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2006/06/09/heres-a-nice-rumor-apple-aapl-buys-nintendo/

RacerX
6/28/2006, 05:14 PM
I'm sure it just needs some adjustments....

mrssoonerhubler
6/28/2006, 05:16 PM
did you buy it at best buy? those *******s always cut you short on your warranty so they can sell you their "Service plan".

Pricetag
6/28/2006, 05:23 PM

Sony = pwn3d.
1. Ask Sega how well beating others to the punch with a more powerful console has worked out for them.

2. Ask Nintendo how well having a handful of killer first/second party titles has worked out for them.

I'm no Sony fanboy by any stretch of the imagination, but this race is far from over.

I always wait at least a year before buying a new console so I avoid the rash of inevitable first wave problems, as well as saving money.

hurricane'bone
6/28/2006, 06:34 PM
did you buy it at best buy? those *******s always cut you short on your warranty so they can sell you their "Service plan".

those *******s dont' cut you short on a warranty, warranties are decided by the manufacturer.

LoyalFan
6/29/2006, 01:20 AM
Well, no wonder! You should have installed MicROsoft!
Accept no shoddy imitations!
How many times we gotta tell ya'?...Jeebus!
LF

Frozen Sooner
6/29/2006, 01:28 AM
Ask the guys over at BetaMax what happens when you have at best a marginally better product at a significantly higher price.

Pricetag
6/29/2006, 08:39 AM
Ask the guys over at BetaMax what happens when you have at best a marginally better product at a significantly higher price.
Yep. Sony is ripe for the picking this time around. I read something where they were kicking around the idea of allowing customers to take the units home for like $400, and then having them make another couple of payments to reach the full price. Ridiculous.

Ask Nintendo what happens when you come out on top of two generations of console wars and think that you can just do anything you want.

Vaevictis
6/29/2006, 08:46 AM
With a little luck, I think Nintendo is in a position to win this round.

It might be that the system is "good enough", and with it costing $150 less than the Xbox360 and the what, $250 less than the PS3, there's a real pocketbook incentive to buy the Nintendo system. If the titles that take advantage of the controller turn out to be really good, that could turn out to be a real advantage for them too.

Pricetag
6/29/2006, 09:28 AM
With a little luck, I think Nintendo is in a position to win this round.

It might be that the system is "good enough", and with it costing $150 less than the Xbox360 and the what, $250 less than the PS3, there's a real pocketbook incentive to buy the Nintendo system. If the titles that take advantage of the controller turn out to be really good, that could turn out to be a real advantage for them too.
I'd love to see it happen, but I'm not holding my breath. It's going to be extremely difficult for them to get the third party support they'll need to be a player in the market again.

I give it up to them for continuing to produce a dedicated videogame system and for continuing to be innovative with the controllers, though. At this point, the Wii is the only one of the three that I'm sure I'm getting.

SoonerInKCMO
6/29/2006, 09:50 AM
I remember when I was a hard-core gamer.

Then I discovered girls.

:)

NormanPride
6/29/2006, 10:47 AM
I remember when I was a hard-core gamer.

Then I discovered girls.

:)

I'm marrying a girl gamer. Aren't I lucky? :D

Ike
6/29/2006, 11:22 AM
Just wait until the PS3 hits the market and see that break all the time. 8-) I've bought 2 PS2s in the past 18 months and both have broken! One can't read a single disk anymore, and the other I have to use the PS2 remote controller to get it to turn on and off!

how much you want for these?

I've also bought two PS2s....but after I bought the second one, I decided to open up the old one and muck around with its innards.

I now have two fully functional PS2s, for which I paid for no extra parts

PS. If you want to muck around with the innards, its really not that difficult at all.

Ike
6/29/2006, 11:26 AM
I'd love to see it happen, but I'm not holding my breath. It's going to be extremely difficult for them to get the third party support they'll need to be a player in the market again.

I give it up to them for continuing to produce a dedicated videogame system and for continuing to be innovative with the controllers, though. At this point, the Wii is the only one of the three that I'm sure I'm getting.

I'm with you on that one. The gamecube actually drove that point home for me. As I mentioned earlier, I have a couple of PS2s and no shortage of games for them....but the only problem is that my wife also likes to play the video games, and while we can have fun playing on seperate TVs, its more fun to play em together. with the PS2 however, the only decent multi-player games out there are the sports games (which I get into, but not the wife) and the fighting games, which neither of us really get into. But the gamecube however has a very large selection of multiplayer games that are easy for both of us to get into...and I expect nothing less from the Wii

Partial Qualifier
6/29/2006, 11:27 AM
I'm marrying a girl gamer. Aren't I lucky? :D

Indeed you are.

I still have my old Sega Genesis. That was the last console I bought 'cause it was about that time, you know, when you could play decent games on your P.C. & stuff :eek: