PDA

View Full Version : BSG and VK's Writer's Embellishment Thread

Viking Kitten
6/28/2006, 03:28 PM
Give us your mundane, your banal, your humdrum. Spill to us the most boring minutiae of your daily lives.

We will take it by the collarbone and twist it and turn it into something you can brag about at your upcoming class reunion.

Let us have our way with all the trivial little stories you've been itching to tell... or even if you are just itching in general. That's exactly the kind of thing we want to know about.

GO ON...

Mjcpr
6/28/2006, 03:30 PM
Sorry, we're not into banal.

1stTimeCaller
6/28/2006, 03:31 PM
I drive an hour to work each day to sit in a trailer and talk to morons and post on a message board to other morons and then I drive an hour home and water my pepper and tomato plants and throw the ball with my dog and have a few beers, eat dinner and then go to sleep. I get up the next morning and do it all over again.

Fugue
6/28/2006, 03:31 PM
How would a VK/BSG pillow fight play out?

Mjcpr
6/28/2006, 03:32 PM

I have a feeling they'd strap it on and get after it.

Viking Kitten
6/28/2006, 03:32 PM
I drive an hour to work each day to sit in a trailer and talk to morons and post on a message board to other morons and then I drive an hour home and water my pepper and tomato plants and throw the ball with my dog and have a few beers, eat dinner and then go to sleep. I get up the next morning and do it all over again.

I said mundane, not pathetic.

Petro-Sooner
6/28/2006, 03:33 PM
So I'm trying to find the Morrow formation on this well log but the damn thing could not be found. I mean I know its on top of the Chester but the idiot that ran the logs did not run a PE curve. I mean for the love run a PE curve!!!

UGH...... I got nothin. Is it time to go home yet?

Mjcpr
6/28/2006, 03:34 PM
The PE curve is 1TC's area, better go ahead and ask him.

Viking Kitten
6/28/2006, 03:34 PM
So I'm trying to find the Morrow formation on this well log but the damn thing could not be found. I mean I know its on top of the Chester but the idiot that ran the logs did not run a PE curve. I mean for the love run a PE curve!!!

UGH...... I got nothin. Is it time to go home yet?

At what point in all this do you just sort of give up on ever finding happiness?

Petro-Sooner
6/28/2006, 03:35 PM
HEH :D

Beano's Fourth Chin
6/28/2006, 03:36 PM
How come Lil's not helping? The third triplet never gets any respect.

Fugue
6/28/2006, 03:36 PM

oh and please use the word "succumb" in your very detailed description.

:eddie:

crawfish
6/28/2006, 03:38 PM

Well, there goes mine... :rolleyes:

Viking Kitten
6/28/2006, 03:40 PM
Well, there goes mine... :rolleyes:

If yours is any worse than his I recommend a sharp razor blade and a hot bath.

Fugue
6/28/2006, 03:41 PM

She's out trying to bring Stan back to the board.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/28/2006, 03:41 PM
The PE curve is 1TC's area, better go ahead and ask him.

I don't think you understand the rules of this thread, Pat. :eddie:

IB4OU2
6/28/2006, 03:42 PM
I'm evaluating Customer Quality codes for a proposal to build some flight hardware and I'm also sending Corrective Action requests to a few program managers for some findings from a 3rd party surveillance audit last week. I went out at lunch today and bought 12 gallons of paint and primer from Lowe's so the painter can start on our house tomorrow plus I stopped by the liquor store and bought a new bottle of Jack Daniels and tequila. The clerk at the liquor store was really good looking exceot she was wearing puke orange.

1stTimeCaller
6/28/2006, 03:42 PM

but sometimes I get freaky and get great pics like this one.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/scottdixon/eskimowned2.jpg

Mjcpr
6/28/2006, 03:46 PM
but sometimes I get freaky and get great pics like this one.

SPLOOSH! SPLOOSH! SPLOOSH!

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/28/2006, 03:47 PM
I'm not embellishing that.

NormanPride
6/28/2006, 03:48 PM
I just finished fixing a bug in a web portal that turned out to be a typo in some dumb parameter. We spent two days digging through network, database, and app logs to try and find where a timeout issue was originating, only to find that someone put in some bad data, and the app was just horking.

Then I go home and play World of Warcraft while my cat tries to get my attention.

Mjcpr
6/28/2006, 03:48 PM
http://www.rotten.com/library/cryptozoology/bigfoot/bigfoot_face.jpg

Viking Kitten
6/28/2006, 03:51 PM
I just finished fixing a bug in a web portal that turned out to be a typo in some dumb parameter. We spent two days digging through network, database, and app logs to try and find where a timeout issue was originating, only to find that someone put in some bad data, and the app was just horking.

Then I go home and play World of Warcraft while my cat tries to get my attention.

... So finally I gave my cat the attention he so desperately craved. It was everything I'd been dreaming of. And more.

NormanPride
6/28/2006, 03:51 PM
Get your damn in-jokes out of this mundane embellishment thread. This thread is here so VK and BSG can make me feel like more of a human. :mad:

;)

NormanPride
6/28/2006, 03:52 PM
... So finally I gave my cat the attention he so desperately craved. It was everything I'd been dreaming of. And more.

I am sadly disappointed.

Viking Kitten
6/28/2006, 03:54 PM
So was your cat.

NormanPride
6/28/2006, 03:54 PM

<---

Mjcpr
6/28/2006, 04:05 PM
*tumbleweed tumbles across the desolate prairie*

JohnnyMack
6/28/2006, 04:08 PM
We don't wanna hear about your sex life.

Viking Kitten

... On which Pat stands, nude and sunburned, fretfully waiting for a strapping passerby who'll show him the "cowboy code."

1stTimeCaller
Apparently the police did their investigation into the Lazy Guy at work sexually assaulting the intern chick and he's a free man. He will be back at work tomorrow. The jokes will be brutal.

IB4OU2

That "Sons of the Pioneers" impression succs......

Viking Kitten
6/28/2006, 04:11 PM
That "Sons of the Pioneers" impression succs......

Yet you spek me everytime I use it on him. Hmmmm.

Beef
6/28/2006, 04:16 PM
The Flaming Lips - The W.A.N.D.

Viking Kitten
6/28/2006, 04:16 PM
I'm evaluating Customer Quality codes for a proposal to build some flight hardware and I'm also sending Corrective Action requests to a few program managers for some findings from a 3rd party surveillance audit last week. I went out at lunch today and bought 12 gallons of paint and primer from Lowe's so the painter can start on our house tomorrow plus I stopped by the liquor store and bought a new bottle of Jack Daniels and tequila. The clerk at the liquor store was really good looking exceot she was wearing puke orange.

"See that chick in the orange? I ****ed her!"

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/28/2006, 04:20 PM

I'll take this one. I love a good challenge.

'...I operate a highly-technical transport machine for at least an hour every day in order to keep my senses razor-sharp. Once I exit the transport I spend quality time in an evironment that fulfills my need for sudden mobility as this life I lead is so exiting and unpredictable. The company I keep in this environment is one that exercises patience and tolerance for those less fortunate than myself. I also employ the latest communication technology with others that expand my worldly knowledge on an everyday basis making me a more complex and interesting individual. I then travel back to my home and explore nature and horticulture in an effort to make myself more self-sufficient. I appease a loving pet's need for attention and we bond in a way that makes my heart and mind bigger and bigger each day. I then indulge in a fine dining experience which relaxes me to the point of retiring at the end of a delightful and stimulating day. I am lucky enough to be allowed to repeat this process on a daily basis...'

IB4OU2
6/28/2006, 04:20 PM
"See that chick in the orange? I ****ed her!"

Nice embellishment except she was an aggot and probably wearing orange crocs....:D

Czar Soonerov
6/28/2006, 04:23 PM

'...I operate a highly-technical transport machine for at least an hour every day in order to keep my senses razor-sharp. Once I exit the transport I spend quality time in an evironment that fulfills my need for sudden mobility as this life I lead is so exiting and unpredictable. The company I keep in this environment is one that exercises patience and tolerance for those less fortunate than myself. I also employ the latest communication technology with others that expand my worldly knowledge on an everyday basis making me a more complex and interesting individual. I then travel back to my home and explore nature and horticulture in an effort to make myself more self-sufficient. I appease a loving pet's need for attention and we bond in a way that makes my heart and mind bigger and bigger each day. I then indulge in a fine dining experience which relaxes me to the point of retiring at the end of a delightful and stimulating day. I am lucky enough to be allowed to repeat this process on a daily basis...'

Damn 1TC, I want your life!

Viking Kitten
6/28/2006, 04:24 PM
Nice embellishment except she was an aggot and probably wearing orange crocs....:D

What good is 12 gallons of paint and primer if you don't get high enough to engage in some shame lovin'?

LilSooner
6/28/2006, 04:28 PM

I think I got replaced a long time ago. Besides I would be the slightly retarded triplet the one that got stuck coming out.

Kindof like dummy foal syndrome.

JohnnyMack
6/28/2006, 04:30 PM
I think I got replaced a long time ago. Besides I would be the slightly retarded triplet the one that got stuck coming out.

You're like that one chick, in Destiny's Child that no one remembers her name?

NormanPride
6/28/2006, 04:30 PM

So that's why your avvie has a squished up little face? :D

IB4OU2
6/28/2006, 04:31 PM

Now if he only knew how to use a highly-technical human waste disposal machine....;)

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/28/2006, 04:33 PM

'...I'm way too busy in my exciting life with my rock boyfriend to give one sloppy crap about you people...'

Viking Kitten
6/28/2006, 04:34 PM

We called her Corky. She was the "special" triplet. She was simple, but her ***s were big and her heart was pure.

JohnnyMack
6/28/2006, 04:34 PM
'...I'm way too busy in my exciting life with my rock boyfriend to give one sloppy crap about you people...'

I thought those things were made of plastic?

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/28/2006, 04:38 PM
We called her Corky. She was the "special" triplet. She was simple, but her ***s were big and her heart was pure.

That pwns mine...

:D

LilSooner
6/28/2006, 04:42 PM

Oh and that too.

Ok ya wanna shot at one of my days?

So I have been working on this laparoscopic roux-en-y gastric bypass complete delivery system for the last 11 mo. Ethicon has been working me over on the price of the endomechanical instruments. So after 19 revisions I finally had to get rid of all the endo and now I'm stuck with a component pack that still looks pretty good, but lost alot of BP.

Oh, and don't get me started on xc-200 sutures and how many stinking different types of sutures are in this back.

There now make me sound awesome.

Viking Kitten
6/28/2006, 04:46 PM
I'm lettin' BSG take that one. I'd just go with "International Party Girl" if anyone asks.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/28/2006, 04:54 PM
So I have been working on this laparoscopic roux-en-y gastric bypass complete delivery system for the last 11 mo. Ethicon has been working me over on the price of the endomechanical instruments. So after 19 revisions I finally had to get rid of all the endo and now I'm stuck with a component pack that still looks pretty good, but lost alot of BP.

Oh, and don't get me started on xc-200 sutures and how many stinking different types of sutures are in this back.

'...I could rip your heart out in 27 different ways and you'd never even feel it.

And I have great t*ts...'

LilSooner
6/28/2006, 04:58 PM
So that's why your avvie has a squished up little face? :D

No that's Fluffy and he is here to take over the world.

LilSooner
6/28/2006, 04:58 PM
'...I could rip your heart out in 27 different ways and you'd never even feel it.

And I have great t*ts...'

Wow that pretty much sums me up to a tee.

You guys ARE awesome!

NormanPride
6/28/2006, 05:13 PM
No that's Fluffy and he is here to take over the world.

That's a he?

Poor thing... :D

Beano's Fourth Chin
6/28/2006, 11:57 PM
I had to go feed the cats around 6:00 pm.

Mjcpr
6/29/2006, 07:48 AM

Awwhhhhh, that's just nasty right there.

Viking Kitten
6/29/2006, 07:50 AM
... since neither Sigfried nor Roy felt up to it. I felt one of the Ligers eyeing me keenly as I presented him with his slab of meat, however, you must understand these animals sense weakness like Donald Trump playing Monopoly with Jamie Lynn Spears. I returned his icy blue mutant stare and nonchalantly backed out of the cage. He nodded his head slightly, as if to say, "Another day perhaps. Another day."

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/29/2006, 08:47 AM
How come Lil's not helping? The third triplet never gets any respect.*ahem* Actually, VK was added later as an addendum to the Triplets. Like our long lost quad or something. Carry on. . .

Mjcpr
6/29/2006, 02:23 PM
CNN Breaking News Alert

Viking Kitten
6/29/2006, 02:28 PM
CNN Breaking News Alert

*Lonely wind whistling through Dean's Canyon of Death

Mjcpr
6/29/2006, 02:29 PM
Perfect!!

slickdawg
6/29/2006, 02:31 PM
I still don't have my job offer in writing.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/29/2006, 02:45 PM
I still don't have my job offer in writing.

'...currently, I am still weighing my options and living the dream until I am offered something that will allow me to continue living in this crazy, fast lane...'

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/29/2006, 02:49 PM
I am wondering why the hell the car salesman won't return my call to let me know if my loan has been approved. Is it because I am a woman?

Mjcpr
6/29/2006, 02:50 PM
I am wondering why the hell the car salesman won't return my call to let me know if my loan has been approved. Is it because I am a woman?

You don't happen to be black do you?

Jewish?

slickdawg
6/29/2006, 02:53 PM
'...currently, I am still weighing my options and living the dream until I am offered something that will allow me to continue living in this crazy, fast lane...'

Ahhh, living the dream....... ;)