PDA

View Full Version : CSTV website featuring Red River Rivalry

milesl
6/28/2006, 12:07 PM
:mack:

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/cs-m-footbl-body.html

good photo, can smarter fans tell me what is happening in the photo?

below is the short article. they are going through and telling you what to watch and the RRR is what to watch in week 6

Game of the Week
Sat. Oct. 7 - Texas at Oklahoma

The Red River Rivalry takes center stage once again at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, as the Longhorns and Sooners meet for the 101st time in their storied rivalry, which recently saw the two schools agree to a new contract keeping the game in Dallas through 2010. Last season saw Texas win convincingly over Oklahoma, 45-12, ending a five-game losing streak to the Sooners - their longest losing streak in the series since the 1970s. Before last year's drubbing by UT, the Sooners had won their last five meetings with the `Horns by a combined score of 189-54. But last year, a Vince Young-led squad was finally able to turn the table, as Young threw for three touchdowns, passing 14-of-27 for 241 yards while rushing for 45 yards. But while Young won't be here for the Longhorns this year, OU's Adrian Peterson will be. Peterson will be looking to rebound from last year's performance. He rushed for only 10 yards on just three early carries before being unable to continue because of a sprained ankle.

TexanSooner420
6/28/2006, 12:42 PM
Adrian will do what Vince Young couldn't do: win the RRR, win the Heisman, then win the MNC.

tnobis60
6/28/2006, 03:03 PM
How is Adrian going to win the Heisman when ESPN has already awarded it to Brady Quinn?

goingoneight
6/28/2006, 10:14 PM
How is Adrian going to win the Heisman when ESPN has already awarded it to Brady Quinn?

Good point... How will he win the MNC when ESPN has already awarded that to SUC?

I can see it now...

[Corso] USC lost a few games this season against quality opponents Arkansas, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Arizona, Oregon and who could forget the double-overtime loss to Cal... and UCLA... (whispers: is that all?) Oh, Ok... but make no mistake, this is an up-and-coming force. We decided to go ahead and give them a Bowl for their incredible efforts... Welcome to the BCS Fiesta Bowl where they shall rematch ND for the world's greatest team ever assembled... [Corso]

Damn, rambling is fun... :twinkies:

Snrfn4ever08
6/28/2006, 10:19 PM
Good point... How will he win the MNC when ESPN has already awarded that to SUC?

I can see it now...

[Corso] USC lost a few games this season against quality opponents Arkansas, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Arizona, Oregon and who could forget the double-overtime loss to Cal... and UCLA... (whispers: is that all?) Oh, Ok... but make no mistake, this is an up-and-coming force. We decided to go ahead and give them a Bowl for their incredible efforts... Welcome to the BCS Fiesta Bowl where they shall rematch ND for the world's greatest team ever assembled... [Corso]

Damn, rambling is fun... :twinkies:
dang, what would happen if they lost again? neveermind, i just had to think this one out myself. notre dame would somehow be found ineligible and therefore the trophy would go to SUC by default. gotcha

goingoneight
6/28/2006, 10:33 PM
dang, what would happen if they lost again? neveermind, i just had to think this one out myself. notre dame would somehow be found ineligible and therefore the trophy would go to SUC by default. gotcha

Dammit this is would almost be fun if the season would start already... :D