PDA

View Full Version : Something bad is going to happen

Norm In Norman
6/28/2006, 08:02 AM
I bought a portable DVD player at Best Buy for vacation a month ago and this past weekend the screen went out. Well, I just happened to look for my receipt last night wondering when I could return it and it was the last day, so I decided I'd better get everything back in the box and return it that night. I take it to the return desk and I tell the guy I liked the player but I am afraid it's going to mess up again, to which he explains I'll have another 30 days to return it if it messes up and this is only the 2nd one he's seen returned, so I decide to exchange it for a new one. When I go back to get it I notice it is $15 cheaper than what I paid for it. So I not only got another 30 days to return it BUT I got $18 back (15 + 10% + tax I guess). Then I happen to look at the new release movies and they have Blazing Saddles for $5.99. SCORE!

Luck of the Norm says something really bad is going to happen now to even things out. I'll let you guys know what happens.

SoonerStormchaser
6/28/2006, 08:04 AM
Let's see...Norm bought Blazing Saddles and today's Mel's 80th birthday...

Sounds allright for today...it's tomorrow you should be wary of.

...You will only be risking your lives...whilst I will be risking an almost certain Acadamy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actor....

Mjcpr
6/28/2006, 08:05 AM
Norm, I know you're probably dead by now but....

Congratulations on the sweet deal.

:D

Norm In Norman
6/28/2006, 08:08 AM
I've had sort of a crummy morning but I'm not dead yet. What sucks is I imagine slightly good and uninteresting things like this happen every day to most people, but it happens to me and I'm going to be punished for it.

crawfish
6/28/2006, 08:11 AM
Don't worry - you probably have enough negative karma scored up to handle this situation. :)

Vaevictis
6/28/2006, 08:12 AM
Do you have that extra 30 days thing in writing somewhere?

I bet that's where the bad luck ends up kicking in ;)

Howzit
6/28/2006, 08:16 AM
I bought a portable DVD player at Best Buy for vacation a month ago and this past weekend the screen went out. Well, I just happened to look for my receipt last night wondering when I could return it and it was the last day, so I decided I'd better get everything back in the box and return it that night. I take it to the return desk and I tell the guy I liked the player but I am afraid it's going to mess up again, to which he explains I'll have another 30 days to return it if it messes up and this is only the 2nd one he's seen returned, so I decide to exchange it for a new one. When I go back to get it I notice it is $15 cheaper than what I paid for it. So I not only got another 30 days to return it BUT I got $18 back (15 + 10% + tax I guess). Then I happen to look at the new release movies and they have Blazing Saddles for $5.99. SCORE!

Luck of the Norm says something really bad is going to happen now to even things out. I'll let you guys know what happens.

You laughing/snorting/snickering while reading the board today would be the final sign of the apocalypse.

BudSooner
6/28/2006, 08:23 AM
The signs of the apocalypse -

* Fire (whether nuclear or otherwise)
* Floods
* Pestilience (i.e., plague, anthrax, SARS, etc.)
* Wars
* Rumors of Norm shopping at Best Buy
* Strange lights in the skies
* The Second Coming (of whomever you happen to be expecting)
* A virgin birth
* The birth of the Antichrist ------->He already walks among us, in the form of David Caruso
* Also a spree of false Christs and/or Messiahs
* Cloning of Vince Young
* Identifying marks being placed on the population at large
* Famine
* Earthquakes
* The Cubs winning the world series

Norm In Norman
6/28/2006, 08:25 AM
Don't worry - you probably have enough negative karma scored up to handle this situation. :)
I'm pretty sure luck of the norm doesn't work that way. There is a baseline of constant bad luck that "doesn't count". That's why if something even slightly good happens something really bad happens to counter that so I will reach my normal level of bad.

SoonerStormchaser
6/28/2006, 08:26 AM
Add NickZepp turning straight to that list.

Norm In Norman
You laughing/snorting/snickering while reading the board today would be the final sign of the apocalypse.
There will be no apocalypse today.

Okla-homey
I'll give 3:1 that he he trips while carrying it and it shatters when he drops it on the floor.;)

Norm In Norman
6/28/2006, 08:28 AM
David Caruso is the devil. Interesting theory.

sooneron
6/28/2006, 08:43 AM
David Caruso is the devil. Interesting theory.
No way that the devil is that much of an asshat!

JohnnyMack
6/28/2006, 09:07 AM
Don't worry, when the meteor crashes down on your head you won't feel a thing.

Hoosier Dynasty
6/28/2006, 09:39 AM
I'm guessing that it will be of such epic proportions, we'll either all know about it at the same time or all be dead.

White House Boy
6/28/2006, 09:49 AM
Mongo like beans.

Perhaps you will get gassed in an elevator today by a 350+ lb "lady" with an adam's apple.