PDA

View Full Version : so i gots me some big boy furniture.

fadada1
6/28/2006, 07:19 AM
while my collection is nowhere near complete, i have started the process of, at least, looking like i live in adult dwelling. got me a big bookcase, cocktail/coffee table, and endtable/cabinet thingy. all match and are in dark teak wood. kind of an old, rustic look to them.

the next investment will be losing grandma's sofa and getting something new and perty. the leather chair is not far away.

btw, buying furniture is like buying gas. they don't even give you a courtesy "reach-around" after stealing your money.

fadada1
6/28/2006, 07:23 AM
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/2218/ws0874a0km.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

OU4LIFE
6/28/2006, 07:37 AM
speaking of buying gas, I stop in to our local quick stop, On Cue or something, to fill up. I use my credit card, and begin fueling away....then it just shuts off at $50.00.....so I go inside and ask what the dealio is..."well, since we switched over to On Cue, credit cards are stopped at 50 dollars"

WTF. Me: " Well then maybe you should think about lowering your damn gas prices because 50 bucks doesn't even get me a full tank"

wankers.

Mjcpr
6/28/2006, 07:44 AM
speaking of buying gas, I stop in to our local quick stop, On Cue or something, to fill up. I use my credit card, and begin fueling away....then it just shuts off at $50.00.....so I go inside and ask what the dealio is..."well, since we switched over to On Cue, credit cards are stopped at 50 dollars"

WTF. Me: " Well then maybe you should think about lowering your damn gas prices because 50 bucks doesn't even get me a full tank"

wankers.

You should pay closer attention to SoonerBoarder's threads.

yermom
6/28/2006, 07:48 AM
man, i'm ****ed when it costs me almost $40

fadada1
6/28/2006, 07:52 AM
$10 gets me 100 miles. thankfully i live 5 miles from work.

yermom
6/28/2006, 08:00 AM
i need about $15 to get 100 miles

luckily i live like 2.5 miles from work :D

Okla-homey
6/28/2006, 08:18 AM
while my collection is nowhere near complete, i have started the process of, at least, looking like i live in adult dwelling. got me a big bookcase, cocktail/coffee table, and endtable/cabinet thingy. all match and are in dark teak wood. kind of an old, rustic look to them.

the next investment will be losing grandma's sofa and getting something new and perty. the leather chair is not far away.

Does this mean wooden spool you stole from OG&E will no longer enjoy its role as your coffee table and the milk crates lifted from behind the grocery store will no longer serve you as bookshelves?:(

yermom
6/28/2006, 08:19 AM
hey, if you aren't using those...

OU4LIFE
6/28/2006, 08:31 AM
You should pay closer attention to SoonerBoarder's threads.

I could not agree LESS with that statement. No one should ever pay closer attention to boarders threads.

and unlike you Squeek, I can't sit here and babysit the board every 4 minutes. If'n it ain't on the front page, I probably don't see it.

Howzit
6/28/2006, 08:35 AM
I could not agree LESS with that statement. No one should ever pay closer attention to boarders threads.

and unlike you Squeek, I can't sit here and babysit the board every 4 minutes. If'n it ain't on the front page, I probably don't see it.

Somebody's PMS'ing...

sooneron
6/28/2006, 08:40 AM
http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/2218/ws0874a0km.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Oooh, mission, vury nice!

You will find yourself paying a premium in the NE for furniture. You may want to consider a (really long) day trip or overnighter to NC. I would guess it's about 7 hours each way for you to high point or g'boro.

OU4LIFE
6/28/2006, 08:56 AM
Somebody's PMS'ing...

I will kill you.

I didn't mean that.

sooneron
6/28/2006, 09:06 AM
I will kill you.

I didn't mean that.
Ooh, that reminds me, I STILL need to go to the post office.:D

OU4LIFE
6/28/2006, 09:09 AM
yeah...if'n you want YOUR surprise.

I REALLY need to stop using if'n.

sooneron
6/28/2006, 09:11 AM
Too much time in aggy country

BajaOklahoma
6/28/2006, 10:16 AM
fadada1, if NC isn't practical for you, make friends with the salesman where you plan to buy your furniture. They can tell you when the sales are going on.
We are replacing all of our living furniture. The sale that starts tomorrow is 10% off, no sales tax, bonus of 200 off for spending so much and 4% off for paying cash. But there is such a huge markup on furniture, I won't buy unless there is a sale.
Is that Stickney? They don't go on sale very often.....

sooneron
6/28/2006, 10:22 AM
I think you mean Stickley.

sorry, just being a smart ***

yermom
6/28/2006, 10:32 AM
fadada1, if NC isn't practical for you, make friends with the salesman where you plan to buy your furniture. They can tell you when the sales are going on.
We are replacing all of our living furniture. The sale that starts tomorrow is 10% off, no sales tax, bonus of 200 off for spending so much and 4% off for paying cash. But there is such a huge markup on furniture, I won't buy unless there is a sale.
Is that Stickney? They don't go on sale very often.....

i thought that was illegal?

skycat
6/28/2006, 10:33 AM
My wife wants us to buy a new couch. The one she wants is an order of magnitude more expensive than my first car.

That car got less than 10 mpg sometimes.

I was very surprised when the gas gage went out, and I found that I coudn't go 200 miles on the 21 gallon tank before running out of gas.

There, I think that covers all of the topics of this thread quite nicely.

BajaOklahoma
6/28/2006, 10:46 AM
Ron, you are correct. I still can't type/spell.
Yermom, shhhhh! That 4% is going to pay for a lamp. It may actually be a pay in full for it at the time of order rather than actually paying cash.

Okla-homey
6/28/2006, 10:55 AM
Just tool on down to Mathis Bros like a good Okie and them fellers will fix you right up. 3434 West Reno...I'll never forget that address because the commercials that scarred my youth always prominently featured it.

BTW, are they ghey? NTTAWWT.;)

1stTimeCaller
6/28/2006, 10:58 AM
FWIW. My granddad owned a furniture store many a moon ago and he has always told me that if they won't come off their price 40% they really don't want to sell it. Now, things could have changed since the early 70s in the furniture bidness and that might not be true today.

Soonerbabeinbama
6/28/2006, 11:40 AM
We've got a furniture store here called "From Crib to College" - I think the concept is that the furniture is made to "adjust" to fit any stage of your life. Can you imagine being in college and still using the crib you had as your college bed? Holy crap- and who in the hell would want to keep the same furniture that long anyway? I wonder if the Winnie-the-Pooh decals can be removed?

XingTheRubicon
6/28/2006, 11:48 AM
Just tool on down to Mathis Bros like a good Okie and them fellers will fix you right up. 3434 West Reno...I'll never forget that address because the commercials that scarred my youth always prominently featured it.

BTW, are they ghey? NTTAWWT.;)

No one knows for sure. The only true witness is dead. His name was whiskers. He died by suffocation and nausea.

yermom
6/28/2006, 12:15 PM
"one of them is gay, and it's not the one you think"

someone told me that, and i can't figure out why i think it's so funny