PDA

View Full Version : Does it betray my Country-Western roots...

soonerhubs
6/28/2006, 01:57 AM
... when I just download Black Eyed Peas for the first time and realize my wife and I need to listen to more pop music?

I don't think so. I know "Pump It" is probably old news... but Dayum! That's some fun music.

I may even have to learn how to dance hip hop... :D

What other good pop songs have I been missing out on folks? Help! :)

SicEmBaylor
6/28/2006, 02:00 AM
Eminem/Nate Dogg - Shake That ***
YWIA

soonerhubs
6/28/2006, 02:07 AM
Time to pull up another Rhapsody free trial account. :)

Melo
6/28/2006, 02:13 AM
Dont listen to pop.
YWIA

;)

soonerhubs
6/28/2006, 02:16 AM
Eminem/Nate Dogg - Shake That ***
YWIA
Well... I heard the unedited version. Not quite Merle Haggard... but okay kinda fun and upbeat. For a song all about the horizontal hokie pokey.

Melo should I stick with my collection of Country or did you have other music in mind?

Melo
6/28/2006, 02:22 AM
Melo should I stick with my collection of Country or did you have other music in mind?

Musically, there's a lot better stuff out there than pop music. Or rap music, for that matter. I'm a country fan, so I understand wanting to look into other genres. :D No seriously.

Anyways, I'd say get into rock. My tastes are probably a bit too hard for you (Please, no one read into that, or twist my words into something that is not the innocent way I intended them). I tend towards metal, and all of its various sub genres, focusing on thrash and death. And wherever SoaD fits into that. (Theyre my favorite band of all time).

Anyways. If you were looking to get into somethign besides Country, might try talking with Bri, 1tc, OT, etc. They all listen to some pretty good stuff. I think Bri's musical tastes tend to be pretty eclectic, so he could probably give you a better idea of music to listen to to ease your way into the rock genre. Or whatever they call it these days.

soonerhubs
6/28/2006, 02:27 AM
Musically, there's a lot better stuff out there than pop music. Or rap music, for that matter. I'm a country fan, so I understand wanting to look into other genres. :D No seriously.

Anyways, I'd say get into rock. My tastes are probably a bit too hard for you (Please, no one read into that, or twist my words into something that is not the innocent way I intended them). I tend towards metal, and all of its various sub genres, focusing on thrash and death. And wherever SoaD fits into that. (Theyre my favorite band of all time).

Anyways. If you were looking to get into somethign besides Country, might try talking with Bri, 1tc, OT, etc. They all listen to some pretty good stuff. I think Bri's musical tastes tend to be pretty eclectic, so he could probably give you a better idea of music to listen to to ease your way into the rock genre. Or whatever they call it these days.

Thanks. And All you folks she mentioned. Hurry up and wake up to give me some good tips. :D

Melo
6/28/2006, 02:30 AM
Thanks. And All you folks she mentioned. Hurry up and wake up to give me some good tips. :D

I hope after all that they can help you out. haha.

Vaevictis
6/28/2006, 02:50 AM
You definately want to listen to Klaus Nomi. You'll love it. Trust me.

Octavian
6/28/2006, 03:03 AM
I may even have to learn how to dance hip hop... :D

Kriss Kross will make you jump, jump.

royalfan5
6/28/2006, 08:50 AM
At least you started at the bottom with Hip-Hop and have no where to go but up.

sooneron
6/28/2006, 08:53 AM
Pop succs, there is NOTHING hip hop about the BEP's.

Old 97's would be a good transitional band for you. I also recommend groups like Wilco and World Party (old school, but they are touring again).

soonerhubs
6/28/2006, 10:53 AM
I cannot recall much of what I was thinking last night. :confused: Delirium? Maybe someone slipped me a "rufy".:confused:

1stTimeCaller
6/28/2006, 11:00 AM
Top 40 country = Top 40 pop

IMO