PDA

View Full Version : BARRY SWITZER SHOVEL

lynda j
6/28/2006, 01:08 AM
I HAVE A 4-18-1997 GROUNDBREAKING SHOVEL THAT WAS USED TO BREAKGROUND FOR THE BARRY SWITZER CENTER,
WHAT COULD IT BE WORTH AND WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO SELL IIT
HELP

sooner n houston
6/28/2006, 03:06 PM
EBAY

Jimminy Crimson
6/29/2006, 11:40 AM
pic?

The Consumate Showman
6/29/2006, 03:14 PM
might be worth $30-$50 unless you have some kind of authentication to go along with it. A picture of the shovel being used would also be helpful.

SwitzerIsMyKing
6/29/2006, 07:55 PM
A couple of years ago, a shovel just like the one mentioned sold on Ebay for about $20. There were several shovels used on the ground breaking. Is this shovel gold? I'd be interested if you contact me at
[email protected]

The Consumate Showman
6/30/2006, 12:25 AM
A couple of years ago, a shovel just like the one mentioned sold on Ebay for about $20. There were several shovels used on the ground breaking. Is this shovel gold? I'd be interested if you contact me at
[email protected]

This is mikestout from ebay isn't it?

SwitzerIsMyKing
7/5/2006, 07:57 PM
Yeah, that's me. Who dis?

The Consumate Showman
7/5/2006, 08:56 PM
Yeah, that's me. Who dis?

dis is brettnstevy. I have bid on some stuff that you have won before, Switzer and what not....MAN, where are you going to put all of that freakin' stuff? Also, do you go to all of the home games?????

SwitzerIsMyKing
7/6/2006, 06:32 PM
Dude, I've had to buy a bigger house with my own OU room in it. It's getting ridiculous.
I go to all the home games and many of the away games. I've been to the last 6 bowl games. You wanting to buy me a beer?

The Consumate Showman
7/6/2006, 06:38 PM
Dude, I've had to buy a bigger house with my own OU room in it. It's getting ridiculous.
I go to all the home games and many of the away games. I've been to the last 6 bowl games. You wanting to buy me a beer?

Sure. I was trying to see if you are one of the guys that hangs around after the home games and get autographs. It sounds like you are a younger cat, so I think my initial perception of you was wrong. There is an older man, about 50-60 yr old range that hangs around after games to get autos....

SwitzerIsMyKing
7/6/2006, 08:45 PM
I'm 39, not a young cat but not an old timer either. I usually gather my sigs before the game. I don't concentrate on the current team, they are easy to get at the hotel or at fan day or the Red White. I go after the old timers. Players from the 50's are my favorite and you'd be surprised at how many are around during the home games. I also have several connections that allow me to meet former players. Last year I got sigs from over 100 different former players.

The Consumate Showman
7/7/2006, 07:54 AM
I'm 39, not a young cat but not an old timer either. I usually gather my sigs before the game. I don't concentrate on the current team, they are easy to get at the hotel or at fan day or the Red White. I go after the old timers. Players from the 50's are my favorite and you'd be surprised at how many are around during the home games. I also have several connections that allow me to meet former players. Last year I got sigs from over 100 different former players.

Man, you and me need to meet up. Email me at [email protected] and tell me about seeing the teams at the hotels.

CatHunter
7/11/2006, 01:32 PM
Good story! I wish that was a PEEM.

SOONER44EVER
8/8/2006, 05:44 PM
Get the shovel signed and it will quadruple in value. Get pics of Barry signing it.