PDA

View Full Version : Last Comic Standing

Frozen Sooner
6/28/2006, 12:00 AM
I hate to say this, because I thought his tryout performances were AMAZING, but the guy with CP isn't very good. His whole act is based around his disability and I don't think anyone wants to be the guy who gets him booted from the show.

'Sall I'm saying.

GottaHavePride
6/28/2006, 12:04 AM
Carlos Mencia would boot his a5s in a second.

Man, I watched his hour-long special earlier - I had forgotten how damn funny that was.

critical_phil
6/28/2006, 12:53 AM
carlos mencia > martin mull

OUAndy1807
6/28/2006, 06:04 AM
the guy with CP is a one trick pony.

I couldn't believe some of the awesome comedians that didn't make the cut, like Modi or the Doug guy from Best week ever.

IronSooner
6/28/2006, 08:21 AM
Carlos Mencia rawks.

I just saw LCS last night for the first time this season. Who's the CP guy? The pot smoker guy last night was pretty good. I was surprised how bad Billy Dwyer was. Then again I still see him as the Battlebots guy.

Frozen Sooner
6/28/2006, 09:24 AM
Iron-

The guy with CP is the dude who had really obvious trouble controlling his motor skills and talks a little funny.

IronSooner
6/28/2006, 09:31 AM
Oh, guess I didn't see him. I was also cooking and didn't actually see every bit of it, mostly just paid attention to the standup at the end and the bit where they were on Adam Carolla's show.

skycat
6/28/2006, 09:51 AM
Bill Dwyer was my favorite to win based on his first couple of performances. But he had a pretty weak set last night.

I think it's fairly obvious that having an interesting mix of people for the reality show part of this thing had a lot to do with who got picked to be on the boat. There are still a couple of comedians on the show that are about as funny as the empty diet coke can on my desk.

I'm just glad Gilbert Gottfried Jr. got the boot last night.

Pricetag
6/28/2006, 10:09 AM
I hate to say this, because I thought his tryout performances were AMAZING, but the guy with CP isn't very good. His whole act is based around his disability and I don't think anyone wants to be the guy who gets him booted from the show.

'Sall I'm saying.
Yep. We all have to admire him for being up there, and it's awesome that he can poke fun at his condition. I feel uncomfortable watching him perform, though. I don't know if I'm laughing because it's really funny, or if there are other motives there.

I know that a big part of his act will involve his condition--it would be very hard for it not to--but there definitely needs to be more. I figured we'd at least get a joke about how much he looks like Screech.

Hoosier Dynasty
6/28/2006, 10:11 AM
Bill Dwyer was my favorite to win based on his first couple of performances. But he had a pretty weak set last night.

I think it's fairly obvious that having an interesting mix of people for the reality show part of this thing had a lot to do with who got picked to be on the boat. There are still a couple of comedians on the show that are about as funny as the empty diet coke can on my desk.

I'm just glad Gilbert Gottfried Jr. got the boot last night.

What about Budd Dwyer? His last standup act was pretty good.:eek:

Rhino
6/28/2006, 11:52 AM
Bill Dwyer was horrible. If Joey Gay didn't yell so much, he might have made it.

The guy with CP is a naturally funny guy, but I think his stand-up is fairly weak. He'll be on the show for a long time though because no one wants to face him with the audience voting.

Chris Porter is my favorite to win it all.

IronSooner
6/28/2006, 11:55 AM
Yeah I thought Joey Gay was funnier than Dwyer, but I couldn't figure out the yelling thing. Gotta play with voice inflection/tone a little here and there.

Last night was the first time I've seen this season, but I remember the last one being pretty good, so I might tune in a little more often from here on out.

Anyone else have predictions?

skycat
6/28/2006, 01:04 PM
Chris Porter has had the best material so far.

Which means the guy doesn't stand a chance.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Ros win the thing.