PDA

View Full Version : So, hey, GHP, since you're on...

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2006, 11:47 PM
Have you read Wee Free Men and [/i]Hatful of Sky[/i] yet? Both technically Discworld books (in fact, Esme Weatherwax appears in both) but are children's books.

Surprisingly good reads even though they've been toned down quite a bit for the younger set. The main character for whatever reason seems like your sister to me-which is weird since I've never actually met pg.

GottaHavePride
6/27/2006, 11:49 PM
Heh. And yes, indeed. I own both of those. In fact, I'm pretty sure I have a copy of all the Discworld series somewhere or other. But then, I'm a compulsive re-reader, so I have to have my own copies of things around.

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2006, 11:51 PM
You agree with the character assessment?

And yeah, I'm the same way. An entire room in my house is completely filled with bookshelves and I STILL don't have a place to put everything.

I just got offered 40k more than I paid for my house, so I may just be looking for a bigger place soon so I can hold all my ****.

GottaHavePride
6/27/2006, 11:56 PM
Hmmmm. I could see that about the character. Although PG used to get frequent comparisons to Daria.

proud gonzo
6/28/2006, 11:50 AM
HEH.

i think i've read one but not both of the books.... and i don't remember which i read. I think it was Wee Free Men.... not hat full of sky. I don't know.

personally, i like Not-As-Big-As-Medium-Sized-Jock-But-Bigger-than-Wee-Jock-Jock

NormanPride
6/28/2006, 12:50 PM
Heh. My dad read Wee Free Men but I haven't read either. I need to now...

I always thought PG would make a good Susan. Though I'm not sure she could survive little kids as well. ;)