picasso
6/27/2006, 08:51 PM
said luckily it was asleep or else...:eek:

StoopTroup
6/27/2006, 08:59 PM
http://www.brucemeans.com/buttons/p-rattler-sig.jpg

Harry Beanbag
6/27/2006, 09:06 PM
My step dad has killed at least four that I know of just this year in their yard. I'm glad I don't live where they do.

Vaevictis
6/27/2006, 09:11 PM
rattlesnake, meet five iron. Five iron, rattlesnake.

picasso
6/27/2006, 09:13 PM
rattlesnake, meet five iron. Five iron, rattlesnake.
exackery! only he used a shovel and it wasn't a full grown sucker but still.

usmc-sooner
6/27/2006, 09:14 PM
I don't know if it's an urban legend or not but I've heard those little ones can't control the amount of venom they inject making them muy malo.

usmc-sooner
6/27/2006, 09:27 PM
exackery! it wasn't a full grown sucker but still.

that's what she said :D

Vaevictis
6/27/2006, 09:31 PM
Well, my grandparents and I used to go golfing up in NW Arkansas/NE Oklahoma, and while rattlesnakes weren't an issue, cottonmouths were.

Rule of thumb is, if your golf club (not including your grip plus a little wiggle room) is longer than 1/2 of the snake's length, then you're safe to kill it. Otherwise, walk away.

proud gonzo
6/27/2006, 10:01 PM
a golf club doesn't put nearly enough distance or weight between me and a rattlesnake :eek:

StoopTroup
6/27/2006, 10:14 PM
Hello Ladies...:D

http://www.dragonhero.com/graphics/marvel2/rattler.jpg

oumartin
6/27/2006, 10:23 PM
glad i live in town.. granted its next to a freakin' OSU research field but I figured nothing can survive anything that has been touched by aggies.

Vaevictis
6/27/2006, 10:25 PM
Well, duh.

After the aggies get their hands on the animal, the animal is gun-shy of humans for the rest of their lives.

picasso
6/27/2006, 10:51 PM
Well, my grandparents and I used to go golfing up in NW Arkansas/NE Oklahoma, and while rattlesnakes weren't an issue, cottonmouths were.

Rule of thumb is, if your golf club (not including your grip plus a little wiggle room) is longer than 1/2 of the snake's length, then you're safe to kill it. Otherwise, walk away.
I once saw a buddy nail a copperhead on a rock from about 20 yards. was on a rock in a canyon on a golf course.
me? I hit a cottonmouth swimming in a creek once. my gf at the time was ****ed at me.:D

GottaHavePride
6/27/2006, 11:47 PM
exackery! only he used a shovel and it wasn't a full grown sucker but still.

So... it was a naughty li'l snake? [/Steve Irwin]

proud gonzo
6/28/2006, 12:08 AM
heh

Frozen Sooner
6/28/2006, 12:09 AM
And you people wonder why I live in Alaska. It's like Ireland but without the drinking and bombing.

Frozen Sooner
6/28/2006, 12:10 AM
So, really, not like Ireland at all. But we don't have snakes.

GottaHavePride
6/28/2006, 12:27 AM
I knew it! Froze is secretly Indiana Jones!

Frozen Sooner
6/28/2006, 12:30 AM
I said NO camels. That's FIVE camels. Can't you count?

SoonerStormchaser
6/28/2006, 07:59 AM
CRIKEY!!!

GDC
6/28/2006, 09:59 AM
In New Mexico the rattlers, especially western diamondbacks, were a fact of life. We never wore shorts, just boots and jeans, and evreyone carried a snake gun like a .410 or 20 guage shotgun. Killing them was almost an everyday thing, and if you got caught without a gun you used whatever was at hand, or let the dogs do it. I've killed them with rocks, sticks, shovels, rakes, hoes, and ran over them with the truck tires. Fortunately never was bitten but had some close calls.

Petro-Sooner
6/28/2006, 10:35 AM
I had my first encounter with a rattler in Colorado a few weeks ago. Never seen one in the wild. I was ****ed cause it would not rattle. Damn it snake I told you to rattle.

oumartin
6/28/2006, 11:11 AM
I once thought i had a snake wrapped around my leg then realized my fly had come open.

Vaevictis
6/28/2006, 11:19 AM
... if you had remembered to put the strap-on away, that wouldn't have happened.

oumartin
6/28/2006, 11:28 AM
yeah but you generally take it off me when I'm done breakin' you over!

Vaevictis
6/28/2006, 11:31 AM
Don't you remember? You got sick of me beating the crap out of you with it, so you stopped coming over.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/28/2006, 11:34 AM
When I was about 6 or 7 I caught a snake that I thought was really pretty. The kid next door raised/bred pythons so we were exposed to snakes close-up really early so I was never really afraid of them. He taught how to catch them safely, how to hold them - stuff like that.

So I found one out in the back garden, caught it and proceeded to take it to show my Dad. Now, Dad didn't care for snakes much. He was doing something in the garage and I walked in hold this 2-foot long really pretty orange snake.

'Look at this snake, Daddy. Isn't it pretty'...

He comes undone. I'm standing there holding a Copperhead and petting the damned thing on top of it little evil head.

He starts hollering for my Mom and tells me to just be still and not to move. I still have no idea what's happening so when my mom shows up she sees what 's happening and goes 'OMG! Drop it! Drop it!' so I drop the snake in the garage and my Dad stepped on it's head until he could grab something to kill it.

I ran in the house and cried.

The End.

picasso
6/28/2006, 11:54 AM
When I was about 6 or 7 I caught a snake that I thought was really pretty. The kid next door raised/bred pythons so we were exposed to snakes close-up really early so I was never really afraid of them. He taught how to catch them safely, how to hold them - stuff like that.

So I found one out in the back garden, caught it and proceeded to take it to show my Dad. Now, Dad didn't care for snakes much. He was doing something in the garage and I walked in hold this 2-foot long really pretty orange snake.

'Look at this snake, Daddy. Isn't it pretty'...

He comes undone. I'm standing there holding a Copperhead and petting the damned thing on top of it little evil head.

He starts hollering for my Mom and tells me to just be still and not to move. I still have no idea what's happening so when my mom shows up she sees what 's happening and goes 'OMG! Drop it! Drop it!' so I drop the snake in the garage and my Dad stepped on it's head until he could grab something to kill it.

I ran in the house and cried.

The End.

that is a beautiful story right there. makin memories.:D
some friends of mine have oil leases and they have one of those snake catching things, with the pole and loop and stuff. anywho they catch all kinds and put them in this big empty tank they have.
I guess sometime they have quite a collection!

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/28/2006, 12:09 PM
The neighbor kid used to come over and go 'I'm gonna feed Molly - you guys wanna watch?'...

He fed her rabbits. I hated watching but my brother would run over there like his pants were on fire.

Molly was 12 feet long. He would walk around the neighborhood with her hanging from his neck and stuff all freaking people out. One time, this lady called the cops on his. We were out in the street messing around with the snake and the cops roll up. One of them goes 'is that your snake?' and the neighbor kid goes 'yeah' and the cop said 'you guys aren't doing anything wrong but would you mind moving from in front of this lady's house - you're scaring the crap out of her...'.

Those were the days....

OU4LIFE
6/28/2006, 12:12 PM
One of them goes 'is that your snake?'

Nope, we was just walking along here and found a 12 foot python.

moran.

BlondeSoonerGirl
6/28/2006, 12:17 PM
OMG - I just remembered another story:

One time we were walking the neighborhood and Molly's wrapped around neighborhood kid's neck and for some reason she started to constrict. She was slowly but very surely squeezing his neck. His face started turning blue and with a I-just-took-a-bong-hit voice, he says 'go get my Dad'...

So we run and get his Dad and his dad slowly unwraps the snake from his neck.

It was kinda scary for a minute. That kid grew up to be a BMX bike rider...and then a drag racer...and now he's a professional bull rider in the PBR.

Dude's ca-razy...

Mjcpr
6/28/2006, 12:29 PM

C'mere, let me show you how to hold this python.

OU4LIFE
6/28/2006, 12:52 PM
I'd a used a 6 -iron, and tried to hit a little cut.

heh

Howzit
6/28/2006, 01:37 PM
OMG - I just remembered another story:

One time we were walking the neighborhood and Molly's wrapped around neighborhood kid's neck and for some reason she started to constrict. She was slowly but very surely squeezing his neck. His face started turning blue and with a I-just-took-a-bong-hit voice, he says 'go get my Dad'...

So we run and get his Dad and his dad slowly unwraps the snake from his neck.

It was kinda scary for a minute. That kid grew up to be a BMX bike rider...and then a drag racer...and now he's a professional bull rider in the PBR.

Dude's ca-razy...

I have the exact same choking story, except it was my daughter. And there was no snake, it was a jaw breaker. And we weren't walking I was driving. And she was never a BMX bike rider, drag racer, OR in the PBR.

But the blue face and the choked voice asking for dad is the same.