PDA

View Full Version : Since I know it's coming anyway, Tuba....

Vaevictis
6/27/2006, 07:49 PM
I thought I'd save you the trouble:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060627/ap_on_go_co/flag_amendment

Senate rejects flag desecration Amendment.

And since I am sure this will be the crux of the cluster that is sure to follow:

Five, all Democrats, voted no: Joseph Biden of Delaware, Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York, Christopher Dodd of Connecticut, Russell Feingold of Wisconsin, John Kerry of Massachusetts.

Why do they hate America?

SicEmBaylor
6/27/2006, 07:49 PM
This is a VICTORY for conservatism.

Hatfield
6/27/2006, 08:03 PM
if you support this amendment you hate america. no other way to slice it.

Vaevictis
6/27/2006, 08:04 PM
If by conservatism, you mean people who think that the First Amendment and free speech are a good thing, then you'd be right.

If by conservatism, you mean most people who call themselves conservatives, but think that the only Amendment worth keeping is the Second (cough cough, most of the Republican party today), then you'd be wrong :p

Hatfield
6/27/2006, 08:07 PM
can you spot the irony in this statement?

"The flag represents our right and our freedom for free speech as well as all of our other freedoms," Sen. Craig Thomas, R-Wyo., said in Senate debate Tuesday. "It should receive special protection."

King Crimson
6/27/2006, 08:10 PM
Inouye said it best. IMO.

edit: i changed my mind about some of the previous wording.

GottaHavePride
6/27/2006, 08:11 PM
Heh. If I was Bill Gates I'd buy every member of Congress a dictionary with flagged pages and highlighted words.

StoopTroup
I must have missed it.

King Crimson

it noticed that.....that's a gimme. and pretty Orwellian*, actually. but, that's starting to mean less and less in terms of "shock" value.

*or even Machiavelli who advises the Prince to "accuse your enemy of what you do".

Penguin
6/27/2006, 08:13 PM
What happened? Did we enter a time warp and wind up back in 1995?

Somebody needs to warn OU about Blake (and Smelly Burger)!!!!!!!!

Vaevictis
6/27/2006, 08:15 PM
Somebody needs to warn OU about Blake (and Smelly Burger)!!!!!!!!

I dunno. I suspect that we don't get Stoops if we don't suffer through Blake and the other one.

Suffer through what, 4-5 more years of crap for 6 years and running of good stuff? I think it was worth it.