PDA

View Full Version : This could get ugly

Okla-homey
6/27/2006, 11:06 AM
My blonde daughter home for the summer has met a boy. She has announced she thinks she "likes" him. He is a oSu undergrad..."agribusiness major." I'll keep you apprised of developments...unless I determine he must die. I was fearful of this, Tulsa is just too close to stoolwater for comfort.

Scott D
6/27/2006, 11:07 AM
if you need to consider if you need to determine it, then you know that he must die.

OUDoc
6/27/2006, 11:07 AM
It could be an accident. Bad things happen to people every day.

White House Boy
6/27/2006, 11:08 AM
If he has an animal husbandry minor, you may be safer than you think. ;)

Okla-homey
6/27/2006, 11:08 AM

I like the way you think Doc.

Sooner in Tampa
6/27/2006, 11:13 AM
Hook him up with a day of fun and "agribuisness" with Dean and the chainsaw.

picasso
6/27/2006, 11:16 AM
My blonde daughter home for the summer has met a boy. She has announced she thinks she "likes" him. He is a oSu undergrad..."agribusiness major." I'll keep you apprised of developments...unless I determine he must die. I was fearful of this, Tulsa is just too close to stoolwater for comfort.
who's your brunette daughter dating?;)

ultimatesooner1
6/27/2006, 11:17 AM
I'll take him out for gas $$ to Tulsa and a 12 pack

soonerhubs
6/27/2006, 11:19 AM
I'll take him out for gas $$ to Tulsa and a 12 pack
Low bidder!:D

royalfan5
6/27/2006, 11:20 AM
He sounds like a decent guy to me, Agribusiness types help little old ladies cross the street, feed this nation and others at a lower percentage of income than ever, love Jesus, avoid drugs, and in general are great people, even the foriegn agribusiness types.

BeetDigger
Well, at least you will know his intentions when he shows up to pick her up. If he's wearing a sheep hearders outfit then his intentions are not honorable.

BeetDigger
He sounds like a decent guy to me, Agribusiness types help little old ladies cross the street, feed this nation and others at a lower percentage of income than ever, love Jesus, avoid drugs, and in general are great people, even the foriegn agribusiness types.

Post reported.

SoonerInKCMO
6/27/2006, 11:34 AM
This is what happens when you let your impressionable young daughter go to AN AGGIE SCHOOL!!

:D

MamaMia
6/27/2006, 11:49 AM
My daughter dated an osu student. He said his major was Agriculture Communications. I think he was a cattle caller, but I didn't ask. Its best if you act disinterested.

fadada1
6/27/2006, 11:54 AM
My daughter dated an osu student. He said his major was Agriculture Communications. I think he was a cattle caller, but I didn't ask. Its best if you act disinterested.
"agriculture communications" - that's rich.:D

White House Boy
6/27/2006, 11:55 AM
He must've been a cow whisperer.

SeattleOUstudent
6/27/2006, 11:58 AM
Whats her number? Ill call and talk to her about it ;)

GottaHavePride
6/27/2006, 12:31 PM

Yeah, you know, you're just walking along in the park and all of a sudden ninjas, Nazis, and death robots show up to kill you, and then a tyrannosaurus shows up to eat the remains! Happens all the time.

sooneron
6/27/2006, 12:33 PM
Homey- two words....

snipe hunt

bri
6/27/2006, 12:33 PM
Homey, if you need someone to perform an intervention...I'm just a call away.

OUDoc
6/27/2006, 12:35 PM
Yeah, you know, you're just walking along in the park and all of a sudden ninjas, Nazis, and death robots show up to kill you, and then a tyrannosaurus shows up to eat the remains! Happens all the time.
http://www.interstellartransmissions.com/dave/robots.jpg

Those robots have human hands! When did they develop that technology?

Okla-homey
6/27/2006, 12:49 PM
This is what happens when you let your impressionable young daughter go to AN AGGIE SCHOOL!!

Not in this case. It is a sordid tale of woe. She has a friend from high school who goes to 'Bama who is coming to visit us in Tulsa in a week or two. That girl is coming out here ostensibly to visit daughter and see OK.

However, we have recently learned she knows some pokey boy now located in Hennesee OK she knew when he and his parents lived in Alabama. (can you say "booty call?") Anyhoo, this Hennessey (sp?) boy has made contact with my kid in advance of this girls visit and my kid has been introduced to one of his pards who is the subject of the post.

Scott D
6/27/2006, 12:57 PM
Yeah, you know, you're just walking along in the park and all of a sudden ninjas, Nazis, and pots and pans robots show up to kill you, and then a tyrannosaurus shows up to eat the remains! Happens all the time.

fixed :)

GottaHavePride
6/27/2006, 12:59 PM
Heh. I couldn't quite remember the line. :D

Scott D
6/27/2006, 01:02 PM
sheesh the episode was only on 14 and a half hours ago ;)

GottaHavePride
6/27/2006, 01:05 PM
While I normally have annoyingly accurate recall of the precise words people use, I think I'll use the "I think I blew that part of my brain out my nose this morning" excuse. ;)

Scott D
6/27/2006, 01:11 PM
Well that episode did have some classic lines ;)

Stewie (to a mother who was breastfeeding her child, after he swapped places with the kid): You call those cheap implants boobs? Those aren't boobs! They're lies!

SoonerInKCMO
6/27/2006, 01:43 PM
Not in this case. It is a sordid tale of woe. She has a friend from high school who goes to 'Bama who is coming to visit us in Tulsa in a week or two. That girl is coming out here ostensibly to visit daughter and see OK.

However, we have recently learned she knows some pokey boy now located in Hennesee OK she knew when he and his parents lived in Alabama. (can you say "booty call?") Anyhoo, this Hennessey (sp?) boy has made contact with my kid in advance of this girls visit and my kid has been introduced to one of his pards who is the subject of the post.

What I meant was that by her attending an aggie school, she has become inured to their aggie ways. Dating one of them now seems OK to her. If she'd gone to OU, she'd see how wrong that is. ;)

LilSooner
6/27/2006, 02:54 PM
You know what's funny? One of my friends just started dating an Aurburn girl. Pretty, blond and they are in Tulsa. I thought you might be talking about him, but he doesn't go to OSU.

StoopTroup
6/27/2006, 03:02 PM
Homey...

Those boys are gonna teach those two girls how to CowTip.

I sense it...

OUinFLA
6/27/2006, 03:05 PM
lax parenting will be the downfall of the USofA

<shakes head>

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/27/2006, 03:07 PM
nothing good comes out of hennessey

GottaHavePride
6/27/2006, 04:15 PM
Homey...

Those boys are gonna teach those two girls how to CowTip.

I sense it...

Like the trailer for the animated movie about the cows... where the cows go people-tipping in retaliation.

Although the animators' decision to put udders on all the cows regardless of gender was a bit disturbing.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/27/2006, 04:19 PM
Like the trailer for the animated movie about the cows... where the cows go people-tipping in retaliation.

Although the animators' decision to put udders on all the cows regardless of gender was a bit disturbing.that movie looks funny

GottaHavePride
6/27/2006, 04:34 PM
Yeah, except that through the whole trailer PG and I were sitting there saying "But if he's a boy cow he's a bull, and bulls don't have udders!"

1stTimeCaller
6/27/2006, 04:37 PM
Yeah, except that through the whole trailer PG and I were sitting there saying "But if he's a boy cow he's a bull, and bulls don't have udders!"

how'd you know it was a boy cow/bull/steer? Coulda been a butch cow?

can I say 'butch'?

GottaHavePride
6/27/2006, 04:58 PM
The character is supposed to be the son that becomes the new leader of the herd. Specifically set up as male.

1stTimeCaller
6/27/2006, 04:58 PM
mebbe it had the operation

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
6/27/2006, 05:17 PM
or was in the band

reevie
6/27/2006, 08:35 PM

I'll add you to my prayers. And for her to come to her senses to see the error of her way.

SicEmBaylor
6/27/2006, 08:43 PM
You've all missed the point by a mile.
It isn't bad parenting that he let her go to an Ag school...
It isn't bad parenting that she now seems fit to "like" an Ag major at an Ag school...
What is bad parenting is that she's dating anyone other than a Zima drinking cigar smoking private school boy (and to those of you who think I"m referring to myself it applies to about 90% of Baylor's male population).

StoopTroup
6/27/2006, 09:08 PM
Isn't 90% of Baylor's male population ghey?

NTTAWWT :D

SoonerInKCMO
6/27/2006, 09:15 PM
This explains everything. When I've been to the Baylor campus, the women have always seemed very friendly, eager to meet 'outsiders' and, well, a little 'unsatisfied'. Now that I know 90% of the Baylor guys drink Zima, it all makes sense.

Vaevictis
6/27/2006, 09:37 PM
Is it rude to laugh at Homey's misfortune?

I'm trying to keep from laughing hysterically, but I keep imagining the look on an OU fan's face when their grandkid walks in for the first time in prisoner-orange.

Vaevictis
6/27/2006, 09:38 PM
This explains everything. When I've been to the Baylor campus, the women have always seemed very friendly, eager to meet 'outsiders' and, well, a little 'unsatisfied'. Now that I know 90% of the Baylor guys drink Zima, it all makes sense.

I'm pretty sure that describes the men, too.

BajaOklahoma
6/27/2006, 09:49 PM
I think it's time for an intervention.

hurricane'bone
6/27/2006, 10:06 PM
<sigh>

TUSooner
6/27/2006, 10:15 PM
Look at the bright side - the guy's not from LSU. Ok, so it's not THAT much brighter, but still...

bri
6/27/2006, 10:55 PM
The character is supposed to be the son that becomes the new leader of the herd. Specifically set up as male.

i hAtE IT WEn tHEy CHAngE it FRUm tEH BUK!!!!11!!

GottaHavePride
6/27/2006, 11:47 PM
i hAtE IT WEn tHEy CHAngE it FRUm tEH BUK!!!!11!!

Dammit! I meant in teh trailz0rz! ;)

Okla-homey
6/28/2006, 06:30 AM
Well, I met him last night when he picked her up to see a movie. He is a farmboy from Gore, wore no orange, works, is an SAE, attends church regularly (Baptist like us), is politically conservative and Mrs. Homey thinks he's "cute." His Facebook page contains no damning evidence beyond his oSu attendance. I'm reserving judgment until after I complete the background check.

Vaevictis
6/28/2006, 06:34 AM
Well, it might just be that he doesn't know any better with respect to OSU. I've known a few good people who were just young and stupid when they made that mistake.

jk the sooner fan
6/28/2006, 06:55 AM
my first cousin was a SAE at osu......he's a good guy....of course that has more to do with him being a blood relative than that other stuff

SoonerInKCMO
6/28/2006, 09:28 AM
Well, I met him last night when he picked her up to see a movie. He is a farmboy from Gore, wore no orange, works, is an SAE, attends church regularly (Baptist like us), is politically conservative and Mrs. Homey thinks he's "cute." His Facebook page contains no damning evidence beyond his oSu attendance. I'm reserving judgment until after I complete the background check.

I'm sure you know about the Oklahoma State Court Network site... but in case you don't have the link handy...

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/casesearch.asp

colleyvillesooner
6/28/2006, 09:33 AM

Wow, he's good. Even cleaned up his facebook before the meet and greet.

You're screwed. ;)

BajaOklahoma
6/28/2006, 10:33 AM
You're screwed. ;)

Pffft! You forgot the old parents-love-him-so-the-daughter-starts-to-hate-him thing. Just start talking about the wedding and it will freak her out.

Vaevictis
6/28/2006, 10:51 AM
Don't forget to toss in the occasional "so, do you guys want babies?" I expect that's even more effective than probing about a wedding.

Okla-homey
6/28/2006, 11:00 AM
I'm sure you know about the Oklahoma State Court Network site... but in case you don't have the link handy...

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/casesearch.asp

OSCN is clear.

I can do better than that though. I have a nuclear-powered "Elite" Lexis/Nexis account. :D

...and no, my last name is not Fokker, but I like the way the guy thought...'cept for his grandparentage skillz.

Vaevictis
6/28/2006, 11:01 AM
OSCN is clear.

.... unless he gave you a fake name?

Okla-homey
6/28/2006, 11:08 AM
.... unless he gave you a fake name?

Facebook name matches his photos. I'm going with it as conclusive evidence.

SoonerInKCMO
6/28/2006, 11:14 AM
OSCN is clear.

I can do better than that though. I have a nuclear-powered "Elite" Lexis/Nexis account. :D

...and no, my last name is not Fokker, but I like the way the guy thought...'cept for his grandparentage skillz.

:( I miss the days when I worked at West Publishing (currently West Group of the Thomson Corporation) and had access to Lexis/Nexis as well as all the Westlaw databases.

colleyvillesooner
6/28/2006, 11:25 AM

That's exactly what he wanted you to think.

NIce.

Vaevictis
6/28/2006, 11:27 AM

You just keep telling yourself that ;) The name really belongs to the poor kid he axe-murdered and then stole the identity of.

SeattleOUstudent
6/28/2006, 11:35 AM

Yuh! Whatever to that!

SicEmBaylor
6/28/2006, 03:44 PM
I miss my Lexis/Nexis access.

reevie
6/28/2006, 05:15 PM
OSCN is clear.

But not all counties are in OSCN. Try www.odcr.com for the rest...

Okla-homey
6/28/2006, 05:18 PM
But not all counties are in OSCN. Try www.odcr.com for the rest...

When I said OSCN, that included ODCR. Do ya think I'm a mo-ron?;)

bri
6/28/2006, 06:03 PM
Do ya think I'm a mo-ron?;)

Dude, you're letting your daughter date aggy. Do we REALLY need to answer that?

NormanPride
6/28/2006, 06:09 PM
OSCN is clear.

We can fix that for ya. ;)

Okla-homey
6/28/2006, 07:16 PM
Dude, you're letting your daughter date aggy. Do we REALLY need to answer that?

touche'

Okla-homey
7/3/2006, 12:52 PM
Update. The pokey-kid is smoove. Came over for a cook-out last night. Well-dressed, articulate, mannerly. When he left, he extends his hand for me to shake. Then, he pulls a good one. Mrs Homey is standing there in the foyer and he extends his hand to her. When she moves to take it he exclaims, "Aww, I'm going in for the hug" and does so, promptly impressing the bejayzus out of Mrs Homey. She went on about how "nice" he was for a flippin' half hour afterwards. :eek:

StoopTroup
7/3/2006, 12:54 PM
Your screwed.

My Condolences.

SoonerInKCMO
7/3/2006, 12:55 PM
You're letting aggy date your daughter AND feel up your wife.

Sad, sad, sad.

;)

Okla-homey
7/3/2006, 01:00 PM
Yes, and my fashionista daughter even gives him carp about having country music on his iPod while going on about how sweet and wunnerful he is. The thing is, I can't find a reason to hate him other than his Pokism. He's absolutely clean records-wise and he has no obvious annoying traits. I just gotta keep digging I guess. Everyone has something.;)

RacerX
7/3/2006, 01:42 PM
I'm reserving judgment until after I complete the background check.

Offender Lookup (http://docapp8.doc.state.ok.us/pls/offlu)

Sex Offender Lookup (http://docapp8.doc.state.ok.us/pls/sors)

Violent Offender Lookup (http://docapp8.doc.state.ok.us/pls/vors)

Courts (http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/casesearch.asp)

Scott D
7/3/2006, 01:43 PM
Yes, and my fashionista daughter even gives him carp about having country music on his iPod while going on about how sweet and wunnerful he is. The thing is, I can't find a reason to hate him other than his Pokism. He's absolutely clean records-wise and he has no obvious annoying traits. I just gotta keep digging I guess. Everyone has something.;)

That is an annoying trait....this is why good dads don't let their daughters become Alabama aggies. :D

bri
7/3/2006, 02:00 PM
I just gotta keep digging I guess. Everyone has something.;)

He.

Is.

AGGY.

Seriously, that's ALL you need. That's like saying, "Well yeah, I can SEE that water is wet, but I need to find a reason to swim in it."

Sooner_Bob
7/3/2006, 05:39 PM

:mad:

Mixer!
7/3/2006, 05:55 PM
Sooner_Bob, you gonna be at the next OU alumni meeting here in town? I'm trying to get Chris Perry to come in and talk about the hockey team either this month or next.

olevetonahill
7/3/2006, 10:36 PM
Update. The pokey-kid is smoove. Came over for a cook-out last night. Well-dressed, articulate, mannerly. When he left, he extends his hand for me to shake. Then, he pulls a good one. Mrs Homey is standing there in the foyer and he extends his hand to her. When she moves to take it he exclaims, "Aww, I'm going in for the hug" and does so, promptly impressing the bejayzus out of Mrs Homey. She went on about how "nice" he was for a flippin' half hour afterwards. :eek:
Just cause he left his sheep at home , he aint smove just forgetful . Now wait till he asks for a 3some , Him ,His sheep and YOU :eek:

Taxman71
7/4/2006, 06:21 AM
My wife works around aggie professionals all day, every day (the wealthy and/or educated ones) and they fall in 2 categories: like OSU, but are mainly farm/ag kids or "I root for OSU because I hate OU" types. If he is the former, no problem, you can convert, or at least control, him. If he is the latter, do whatever it takes to break this bastardized union. You don't want to see your grandkids clad in hunter's orange with pistols firing.

Okla-homey
7/4/2006, 06:37 AM
My wife works around aggie professionals all day, every day (the wealthy and/or educated ones) and they fall in 2 categories: like OSU, but are mainly farm/ag kids or "I root for OSU because I hate OU" types. If he is the former, no problem, you can convert, or at least control, him. If he is the latter, do whatever it takes to break this bastardized union. You don't want to see your grandkids clad in hunter's orange with pistols firing.

I have reason to believe he is the former. In fact, he mentioned owning some Sooner gear in highschool and being happy about the MNC as well as disappointed about the Orange Bowl of which we do not speak.

Taxman71
7/4/2006, 06:42 AM
There are quite a few of those types out there, who went to Puke St truly for ag degrees as opposed to simply annoying the Sooners. These types can be easily converted once they leave Stillwater as I have accomplished this on more than one occassion. Moving the family to Norman will help.

FYI - being from Gore, if his family has a house at Lake Tenkiller that is walking distance from the water, it's a done deal.

Okla-homey
7/4/2006, 06:45 AM
There are quite a few of those types out there, who went to Puke St truly for ag degrees as opposed to simply annoying the Sooners. These types can be easily converted once they leave Stillwater as I have accomplished this on more than one occassion. Moving the family to Norman will help.

FYI - being from Gore, if his family has a house at Lake Tenkiller that is walking distance from the water, it's a done deal.

They live in town, farm about 2000 acres (wheat and corn they sell to ethanol makers, and spinach which Allen canning buys) and have land on Tenkiller.

The kid went to NSU his first semester because he wanted to be close to help his mom who was going thru a bad patch with her MS.

Taxman71
7/4/2006, 08:29 AM
You are making this hard to dislike this boy. Have you checked him for any Pistol Pete tattoos?

Okla-homey
7/4/2006, 08:31 AM
You are making this hard to dislike this boy. Have you checked him for any Pistol Pete tattoos?

I know, its the succ. He is devoid of ink as far as I've seen. He did mention they employ a pack of 6 messicans who help them with the spinach. Apparently the cannery sends trucks over at harvest which occurs twice per season. The Messicans stomp the spinach (literally) to tamp it into the open trailers so they can pack the most onboard. He tells me they get after it until siesta time, then they send one caballero into Gore for a suitcase or two of Bud "heavy." After the cerveza siesta around 3pm, they get to stomping again until dark. Then, they all retire to the same rent house in Gore for sleep. The next day, repeat. As an aside, they can't find anyone else who will do the work. He's pretty sure they are all "undocumented" because one of them got hurt doing the spinach fandango and he wouldn't go to el doctor because he was afraid of getting busted.

7/4/2006, 08:35 AM
My niece married a poke with a pistol pete on his upper arm. Seems like a good kid, but that mistake is something that he will never live down at OUr family gatherings.

Mixer!
7/4/2006, 12:50 PM
"I root for OSU because I hate OU" types

Pretty much what I put up with every day. Makes me want to borrow Dean's chainsaw at times...

bri
7/4/2006, 12:54 PM
You can have Dean's chainsaw when you pry it from his cold, dead, upper leg.