PDA

View Full Version : Just so I know what this community feels is PC...

MamaMia
6/27/2006, 10:57 AM
Just exactly which names are we all allowed to call one another?

OUDoc
6/27/2006, 10:58 AM
Post reported.

Howzit
6/27/2006, 11:01 AM
Just exactly which names are we all allowed to call one another?

It's ok to call 1tc Carl.

jk the sooner fan
6/27/2006, 11:01 AM
apparently faggot isnt allowed......

Hatfield
6/27/2006, 11:03 AM
nor should it be.

it really has less to do with what you call people as it does with who your buddies are and if those buddies are godarators

colleyvillesooner
6/27/2006, 11:04 AM
I like the way this is heading.

Continue.

Fugue
6/27/2006, 11:04 AM
I think context matters too.

OUDoc
6/27/2006, 11:05 AM
No means no. :mad:

Scott D
6/27/2006, 11:06 AM

completely.

SoonerScooter
6/27/2006, 11:07 AM
nor should it be.

it really has less to do with what you call people as it does with who your buddies are and if those buddies are godarators

If that were the case, Stanley wouldn't have gotten banned, no?

Besides, this board has been using the "f-word" for years, now it appears it isn't okay. Heck, go read a couple of the political threads, even Dean calls the guy a fag almost daily.

OCUDad
6/27/2006, 11:08 AM
****** and ***** are acceptable. ******* and *** are not.

Hatfield
6/27/2006, 11:10 AM
dean is too busy killing puppies to bane himself

IB4OU2
6/27/2006, 11:10 AM

can we say whorn instead?

JohnnyMack
6/27/2006, 11:14 AM
I think 1tc is a faggot.

<awaits baning>

1stTimeCaller
6/27/2006, 11:15 AM
just because I let you kiss my weenis doesn't mean that I've caught the queer bug.

Sooner in Tampa
6/27/2006, 11:15 AM
It's ok to call 1tc Carl.Only if he's Hot :eek:

JohnnyMack
6/27/2006, 11:16 AM
just because I let you kiss my weenis doesn't mean that I've caught the queer bug.

You have me confused with your new sugar daddy Jackie. Is he taking you on that cruise you were talking about?

BeetDigger
6/27/2006, 11:16 AM
nor should it be.

I'm not sure that applies. I may attend a Dallas function here or there, but I am about as in the OUT group as one can be and I don't think that has mattered to how I get treated by the mods. I think that it more based upon how you interact with the folks on the board and the tenor of your posts.

That and sending cupcakes to Beano and cards to David Earl doesn't hurt.

Hamhock
6/27/2006, 11:18 AM
somebody, i don't remember who, gave me the green light on Kraut.

I do remember that Jap is out.

proud gonzo
6/27/2006, 11:26 AM
context is definitely key. i mean, i'll call any of you guys "bitch" but i don't think i'd say it to any of the girls. that'd be rude.

I think the difference is whether terms are used for comedic value or if they are used maliciously.

soonerhubs
6/27/2006, 11:28 AM
You get baned if you call someone a Hubler out of context. :mad:

Beano's Fourth Chin
6/27/2006, 11:31 AM
I remember this one time, I doubled a ban on Thunder because he was posting under a troll handle while he was banned.

colleyvillesooner
6/27/2006, 11:33 AM
weird. :D

1stTimeCaller
context is definitely key. i mean, i'll call any of you guys "bitch" but i don't think i'd say it to any of the girls. that'd be rude.

I think the difference is whether terms are used for comedic value or if they are used maliciously.

**** off dip ****

White House Boy
I remember this one time, I doubled a ban on Thunder because he was posting under a troll handle while he was banned.
So what you're saying is that you called down the thunder on Thunder?

OCUDad
Beano is powerful. Beano is wise. Don't pi$$ off the Beano.

I know, I know... "shut up."

crawfish
6/27/2006, 11:35 AM

In the winter, I like to keep the house warm by putting a few faggots on the fire.

Beano's Fourth Chin
6/27/2006, 11:36 AM
Beano is powerful. Beano is wise. Don't pi$$ off the Beano.

I know, I know... "shut up."

I'm neither. I can't even get grass to grow in my front yard.

proud gonzo
6/27/2006, 11:37 AM
i've been trying but i can't think of a single way to use "beyonce" maliciously :confused:

Scott D
6/27/2006, 11:37 AM
I'm neither. I can't even get grass to grow in my front yard.

neither can a lot of people in relatively dry states ;)

Beano's Fourth Chin
6/27/2006, 11:38 AM
I think the front lawn is still ticked off at the whole bug spray/roundup misunderstanding.

Mjcpr
6/27/2006, 11:39 AM
OUSAEmom = Stanley1 ?

I'll never get all these figured out.

Beef
6/27/2006, 11:40 AM
i've been trying but i can't think of a single way to use "beyonce" maliciously :confused:
I'm very disappointed in you.

JohnnyMack
6/27/2006, 11:42 AM
I think the front lawn is still ticked off at the whole bug spray/roundup misunderstanding.

Lawn genocide.

sooner_born_1960
6/27/2006, 11:42 AM
There you go, mom. Are the rules clear now?

sooner_born_1960
6/27/2006, 11:44 AM
Have you tried putting some adjectives in front of "beyonce"?

NormanPride
6/27/2006, 11:46 AM
OUSAEmom = Stanley1 ?

I'll never get all these figured out.

Ew! Just... ew! Mom is sacred here. Do not sully her name.

;)

proud gonzo
6/27/2006, 11:48 AM
yeah, but the use of "beyonce" just seems to negate it, at least IMO

MamaMia
6/27/2006, 11:56 AM
There you go, mom. Are the rules clear now?
All I have learned is that using roundup on your grass can ruin a perfectly good high. :confused:

sooner_born_1960
6/27/2006, 11:57 AM
All I have learned is that using roundup on your grass can ruin a perfectly good high. :confused:
Exactly!

OUDoc
6/27/2006, 12:43 PM
This one time, at IT camp...

Been nice knowing you guys.

BeetDigger
6/27/2006, 01:37 PM

Pipe down wentch.

:D

Sooner_Bob
6/27/2006, 10:56 PM
How about fagnipple?

Can we use fagnipple?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/27/2006, 11:05 PM

I think the difference is whether terms are used for comedic value or if they are used maliciously.Context is a huge deal. If someone calls me a b1tch for example and they are just kidding (and it is someone I consider a friend) that is one thing. But it would be quite another for someone to call Scott the N word or one of us ladies on here the C word.

usmc-sooner
6/27/2006, 11:07 PM
ok

let me get this.

We have no problem with a guy bending over and taking one up the keyster but we have problems with how we label said guy..........

does fag mean anything different than queer or gay or homosexual? It all means the same damn thing.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/27/2006, 11:10 PM
ok

let me get this.

We have no problem with a guy bending over and taking one up the keyster but we have problems with how we label said guy..........

does fag mean anything different than queer or gay or homosexual? It all means the same damn thing.Using that logic, it's ok to call a Chinese person a Chink because "it's the same thing."

The word "faggot" is a derogatory term.

usmc-sooner
6/27/2006, 11:14 PM
Using that logic, it's ok to call a Chinese person a Chink because "it's the same thing."

The word "faggot" is a derogatory term.

well you used the word pasty to describe white folks in the sunburn thread isn't that deragotory?

LilSooner
6/27/2006, 11:14 PM
ok

let me get this.

does fag mean anything different than queer or gay or homosexual? It all means the same damn thing.

Fag actually means cigarette across the pond.

FYI Mom, you get banned for calling someone a bitch. You get warned when you call some one a loser.

JUST DON'T NAME CALL. No matter how bad you want to call a spade a spade.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/27/2006, 11:15 PM
And another thing, people keep calling each other "neggers" on here. I think that's wrong too. Can't believe more people haven't been banned over that crap.

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2006, 11:16 PM
It's completely amazing to me that supposedly grown human beings can't distinguish when something being said is derogatory.

LilSooner
6/27/2006, 11:17 PM
well you used the word pasty to describe white folks in the sunburn thread isn't that deragotory?

Ohhh does that mean I can call one of my OR directors the N word cause he is black and using your logic that is a perfectly acceptable way of addressing someone.

This is going to be AWESOME! I will keep yall updated on how that goes.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/27/2006, 11:19 PM
well you used the word pasty to describe white folks in the sunburn thread isn't that deragotory?Are you serious?

usmc-sooner
6/27/2006, 11:20 PM
Fag actually means cigarette across the pond.

FYI Mom, you get banned for calling someone a bitch. You get warned when you call some one a loser.

what in the hell are you talking about?

If fag means cigarette then don't get offended about it unless you are a cigarette.

I have no freakin clue about your mom calling someone a bitch.

LilSooner
6/27/2006, 11:24 PM
what in the hell are you talking about?

If fag means cigarette then don't get offended about it unless you are a cigarette.

I have no freakin clue about your mom calling someone a bitch.

You said,"does fag mean anything different than queer or gay or homosexual? It all means the same damn thing."

The word fag DOES mean something different in England. The word Faggot does not.

And OUSAEmom didn't call anyone a bitch. My mom didn't call anyone a bitch, stanley did.

The end.

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2006, 11:28 PM
I thought that fag for cigarette derived from "faggot"-meaning a bundle of firewood.

usmc-sooner
6/27/2006, 11:29 PM
You said,"does fag mean anything different than queer or gay or homosexual? It all means the same damn thing."

The word fag DOES mean something different in England. The word Faggot does not.

And OUSAEmom didn't call anyone a bitch. My mom didn't call anyone a bitch, stanley did.

The end.

and there you have it

am I offended? I don't know

usmc-sooner
6/27/2006, 11:30 PM
I thought that fag for cigarette derived from "faggot"-meaning a bundle of firewood.

what's so offensive about that:D

LilSooner
6/27/2006, 11:30 PM

I did not know that. If so I stand corrected. They both mean different things then. But I doubt anyone would use that word to call someone a bundle of firewood, but that's just me.

LilSooner
6/27/2006, 11:31 PM
fag&#183;ot also fag&#183;got Audio pronunciation of "faggot" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fgt)
n.

1. A bundle of twigs, sticks, or branches bound together.
2. A bundle of pieces of iron or steel to be welded or hammered into bars.

tr.v. fag&#183;ot&#183;ed, also fag&#183;got&#183;ed fag&#183;ot&#183;ing, fag&#183;got&#183;ing fag&#183;ots, fag&#183;gots

1. To bind into a fagot; bundle.
2. To decorate with fagoting.

Froze is a GENIUS I say.

usmc-sooner
6/27/2006, 11:32 PM
I did not know that. If so I stand corrected. They both mean different things then. But I doubt anyone would use that word to call someone a bundle of firewood, but that's just me.

yeah probably just you

catch up

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2006, 11:35 PM
fag&#183;ot also fag&#183;got Audio pronunciation of "faggot" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fgt)
n.

1. A bundle of twigs, sticks, or branches bound together.
2. A bundle of pieces of iron or steel to be welded or hammered into bars.

tr.v. fag&#183;ot&#183;ed, also fag&#183;got&#183;ed fag&#183;ot&#183;ing, fag&#183;got&#183;ing fag&#183;ots, fag&#183;gots

1. To bind into a fagot; bundle.
2. To decorate with fagoting.

Froze is a GENIUS I say.

Nah. By definition, I can't be. I'm recognized in my own time. ;)

Buy some beadwork!

Interesting note: Mussolini's government used the fasces as a symbol-thus the word "fascist." A fasces was a bundle of twigs bound together to symbolize that while one twig was easily snapped, a bundle was unbreakable. Guess which two words have the same root? Especially considering the Axis' attitude towards homosexuality, I find that funny.

I love etymology sometimes.

I'm such a tool.

LilSooner
6/27/2006, 11:35 PM
Is that like click some damn ads?

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2006, 11:38 PM
Yes. Except instead of helping the site, it helps me earn brownie points.

Buy some beadwork!

LilSooner
6/27/2006, 11:40 PM
I think you need to throw a damn in there some where for it to be effective.

Like this.

BUY SOME DAMN BEADWORK!

See that's much better.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/27/2006, 11:41 PM
At my 6 yr old niece's basketball game at church a few months ago, my mom was talking to another grandma who said she just loved the pastor there but she "wished he would talk about queers more."

Then she said "a bunch of queers live down the street from me, blah blah blah." My mom asked her if it was an African American family, would she refer to them as N's. It never occurred to her that the term "queer" might be considered offensive and just as derogatory as using the N word.

Bottom line is this: it's all about context. People call each other "fag" on here all the time. Almost like a term of endearment. But last night was about calling someone out based on their sexual preference. How outraged would people be if ScottD negged me and I started a thread about getting negged by a N?

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2006, 11:43 PM
At my 6 yr old niece's basketball game at church a few months ago, my mom was talking to another grandma who said she just loved the pastor there but she "wished he would talk about queers more."

Then she said "a bunch of queers live down the street from me, blah blah blah." My mom asked her if it was an African American family, would she refer to them as N's. It never occurred to her that the term "queer" might be considered offensive and just as derogatory as using the N word.

Bottom line is this: it's all about context. People call each other "fag" on here all the time. Almost like a term of endearment. But last night was about calling someone out based on their sexual preference. How outraged would people be if ScottD negged me and I started a thread about getting negged by a N?

Good point, though some would claim that being black is not a choice while engaging in homosexual behavior is. I'm not one of them, mind you, but the argument can and will be made.

BUY SOME DAMN BEADS!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/27/2006, 11:44 PM
If I pretend it's New Orleans do I get free ones? ;)

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2006, 11:45 PM
I don't think Stephanie is going to be OK with that.

Just buy some damn beadwork!

:mad:

LilSooner
6/27/2006, 11:52 PM
BTW what does the 45 mean in your avitar?

usmc-sooner
6/27/2006, 11:56 PM

thanks for sharing

Is Scott D a different race or sexual preference?
I have no probelm living with a different race, done it

Frozen Sooner
6/27/2006, 11:56 PM
Lil-

There's a clue in my signature.

LilSooner
6/28/2006, 12:00 AM
weirdo

GottaHavePride
6/28/2006, 12:00 AM
Heh. Air Jordan when he came out of retirement the first time. (For the NBA challenged :D )

Oh, and for the record: I really get a chuckle out of the phrase "to decorate with faggoting". Does that make me a bad person? It makes me think of Howzit/DC threads. Or yermom/dolemite threads. :D

Frozen Sooner
6/28/2006, 12:04 AM
Heh. Air Jordan when he came out of retirement the first time. (For the NBA challenged :D )

I was wondering how long it was going to be before someone said something. Horribly pretentious, I know.

LilSooner
6/28/2006, 12:05 AM
I just thought it was Frozen's age.

*ducks*

Frozen Sooner
6/28/2006, 12:07 AM
Not quite. :mad:

Though I do have a 32nd birthday coming up.

You know what'd be a great birthday present?

SOME DAMN BEADWORK! :mad:

LilSooner
6/28/2006, 12:11 AM
I'm sure your girlfriend will be more than happy to give you bead work. :(

Frozen Sooner
6/28/2006, 12:14 AM
Actually, I got some beadwork last year. Old time OUSOTI will remember the walrus tooth that I wore for the 2000 season. It broke right before the 2001 OSU game. Anyhow, she made me a new walrus tooth necklace for the birthday last year.

And we're just really good friends.

LilSooner
6/28/2006, 12:16 AM
So. She is a girl and a really good friend which there for = girlfriend.

Frozen Sooner
6/28/2006, 12:20 AM
Fair enough. Want to clue HER in on that?

jeremy885
6/28/2006, 08:08 AM
And another thing, people keep calling each other "neggers" on here. I think that's wrong too. Can't believe more people haven't been banned over that crap.

Why would they be banned for using it?

We have a function on this board called reputation. This quickly became know as respeck or spek. You can give people good, positive, or green spek if you like what they said in a post. You can also give them bad, negative, or red speck if you didn't like what they said. Over time, the common usage for good spek became spek and bad spek became neg spek or neg as in "don't neg me". Did they mean "don't nig me"? The common usage of the act of giving negative reputation is negging. Can you change that to nigging? The common usage of someone who gives negative reputation is a negger. I admit, I'm a negger. Do I associate that with the N word, no I don't. I give neg spek to the noobs (is that still ok to use?) all of the time.

Scott, if you have a problem with it, I'm sorry I offended you. I never felt that it was being used as a substitue for the N word.

Mjcpr
6/28/2006, 08:14 AM

Enjoy the time off!!

Norm In Norman
6/28/2006, 08:22 AM
It's completely amazing to me that supposedly grown human beings can't distinguish when something being said is derogatory.
I'd like this explained to me too. I guess it must have to do with some people thinking they are better than everyone else. It's all I can come up with.

jk the sooner fan
6/28/2006, 08:23 AM
I'd like this explained to me too. I guess it must have to do with some people thinking they are better than everyone else. It's all I can come up with.

arent you one of the goderators that lets his friends off the hook when they break the rules? ;)

Norm In Norman
6/28/2006, 08:31 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot - here I AM better than everyone else.

Norm In Norman
6/28/2006, 08:36 AM
Would anyone like me to prove it?

BeetDigger
6/28/2006, 08:36 AM
I'm sure your girlfriend will be more than happy to give you bead work.

I think that should be the other way around.

yermom
6/28/2006, 08:38 AM
so can i still say "ghey"?

BeetDigger
6/28/2006, 08:39 AM
Bottom line is this: it's all about context. People call each other "fag" on here all the time. Almost like a term of endearment. But last night was about calling someone out based on their sexual preference.

But yet in TV shows, movies and even in real life, we see homosexual guys use the the term fag when referring to another homosexual male. "He's such a fag."

Also, we see black people call other black people N's.

Is that not just as bad?

bri
6/28/2006, 08:40 AM
I was wondering how long it was going to be before someone said something. Horribly pretentious, I know.

I'll say! Hell, I didn't do that, and I AM the Michael Jordan of Soonerfans. ;)

BeetDigger
6/28/2006, 08:41 AM

Well I'd have more respect for you if I thought you could BBQ worth a damn. :texan:

yermom
6/28/2006, 08:42 AM
I'll say! Hell, I didn't do that, and I AM the Michael Jordan of Soonerfans. ;)

yeah, you probably should have hung it up this last time. that brief foray into baseball and then your Washington Wizards comeback has been hardly noteworthy ;)

Cack
6/28/2006, 08:43 AM
****** and ***** are acceptable. ******* and *** are not.

don't forget **** ... i get ragged because i'm a game **** :chicken:

Hamhock
6/28/2006, 08:43 AM
Enjoy the time off!!

Shut up, cracka.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/28/2006, 08:44 AM

We have a function on this board called reputation. This quickly became know as respeck or spek. You can give people good, positive, or green spek if you like what they said in a post. You can also give them bad, negative, or red speck if you didn't like what they said. Over time, the common usage for good spek became spek and bad spek became neg spek or neg as in "don't neg me". Did they mean "don't nig me"? The common usage of the act of giving negative reputation is negging. Can you change that to nigging? The common usage of someone who gives negative reputation is a negger. I admit, I'm a negger. Do I associate that with the N word, no I don't. I give neg spek to the noobs (is that still ok to use?) all of the time.

Scott, if you have a problem with it, I'm sorry I offended you. I never felt that it was being used as a substitue for the N word.It was a poor attempt at a joke. No one's using it like that.:O

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/28/2006, 08:45 AM
But yet in TV shows, movies and even in real life, we see homosexual guys use the the term fag when referring to another homosexual male. "He's such a fag."

Is that not just as bad?Context.

BeetDigger
6/28/2006, 08:48 AM
Context.

On the board, I think that context can apply in the case of homosexual references. But, keep in mind that many homosexual people are offended at any homosexual joke. I would like to understand when it is ok for anyone to use the N word. In what context is that ok?

bri
6/28/2006, 08:48 AM
Look, this isn't that difficult. Just do what I do: Say what you feel. Don't try to hide who or what you really are just for conformity's sake. Don't try to be someone you're not just to try and placate us. If you're a homophobe, BE a homophobe. If you're racist, BE racist. If you hate Irish people, say so. As Clayton Bigsby would say, if you have hate in your heart...let it out.

Just be prepared to deal with the consequences of what you say. And not just on this board, but ANYWHERE. If you get p*ssed at a coworker and call him a "f*cking faggot", don't be shocked when you get written up or fired. If you're out at a bar or a game and you're ranting about "damn, no-good, lazy ******s", be ready to get your *** kicked. This board is just like "the real world". There's cause and effect, and words AREN'T meaningless.

BeetDigger
6/28/2006, 08:49 AM
Look, this isn't that difficult. Just do what I do: Say what you feel. Don't try to hide who or what you really are just for conformity's sake. Don't try to be someone you're not just to try and placate us. If you're a homophobe, BE a homophobe. If you're racist, BE racist. If you hate Irish people, say so. As Clayton Bigsby would say, if you have hate in your heart...let it out.

Just be prepared to deal with the consequences of what you say. And not just on this board, but ANYWHERE. If you get p*ssed at a coworker and call him a "f*cking faggot", don't be shocked when you get written up or fired. If you're out at a bar or a game and you're ranting about "damn, no-good, lazy ******s", be ready to get your *** kicked. This board is just like "the real world". There's cause and effect, and words AREN'T meaningless.

****off ***hole.

bri
6/28/2006, 08:51 AM
yeah, you probably should have hung it up this last time. that brief foray into baseball and then your Washington Wizards comeback has been hardly noteworthy ;)

You're getting ahead of yourself, dude. I've just come back from my first retirement. So this is "second three-peat" territory...bitch. :D

sooner_born_1960
Everyone who posted in this thread is a bundle of sticks. Except me, of course. ;)

bri
****off ***hole.

**** off dip****.

;)

Mjcpr
6/28/2006, 08:53 AM
There's cause and effect, and words AREN'T meaningless.
Some words are. For example: sponsor gift.

bri
6/28/2006, 08:55 AM
Some words are. For example: sponsor gift.

Okay, true.

I remember when I went to the Red/White tailgate last spring and a bunch of us were standing around talking, and Phil came up and handed us all copies of the Sooner Specator debut issue. We were all like, "Is THIS the sponsors' gift?"

Good times. :D

jeremy885
6/28/2006, 09:05 AM
It was a poor attempt at a joke. No one's using it like that.:O

Cool. I need to have my first cup of coffee before I post.

Pricetag
6/28/2006, 09:10 AM

Is that not just as bad?
Yes, IMO, but that's their problem. And (I'm not saying this is why you brought it up, by any means) it sure isn't a "two wrongs make a right" excuse for other people to be using the terms.

colleyvillesooner
6/28/2006, 09:15 AM
You're getting ahead of yourself, dude. I've just come back from my first retirement. So this is "second three-peat" territory...bitch. :D

So at what point do you buy a major interest in OUinsider? :D

GDC
6/28/2006, 09:51 AM

Scott, if you have a problem with it, I'm sorry I offended you. I never felt that it was being used as a substitue for the N word.

Can we still talk about which negger has the biggest or smallest spekker?

bri
6/28/2006, 10:00 AM
So at what point do you buy a major interest in OUinsider? :D

I'm pretty sure that's the first time anyone's ever used "interest" and "OUInsider" in the same sentence.

LilSooner
6/28/2006, 12:00 PM
Listen folks,
Instead of just neg speking the dude back he felt the need to say what he said. He knew it was going to get people riled up. He got what he deserved.

If you going to come one here and flame people and can't take getting piled on maybe you should find a new board to post on.

Now lets get back to the cheeky shenanigans.

Scott D
6/28/2006, 01:46 PM

I'll send Dean over in the evening to break your legs with his chainsaw..since it seems to be the only thing it's good for. ;)

colleyvillesooner
6/28/2006, 01:49 PM
Huh, I thought this topic had died.

IB4OU2
6/28/2006, 01:50 PM
Can we still talk about which negger has the biggest or smallest spekker?

Does'nt matter, we've all been neutered.