PDA

View Full Version : Better late than never...

OklahomaTuba
6/27/2006, 08:30 AM
Glad to see CU make some rational choices for once by getting rid of this asshate poser wacademic.

I have carefully reviewed the Report of the Investigative Committee, Professor Churchill’s responses to the Committee, and the Recommendations of the Standing Committee on Research Misconduct. I have met with and obtained the separate input of Provost Susan Avery and Todd Gleeson, the Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences. I met with Professor Churchill and his attorney, David Lane. After conducting the due diligence I felt was necessary, I have come to a decision regarding the recommendations of the Standing Committee on Research Misconduct pertaining to Professor Ward Churchill. Today, I issued to Professor Churchill a notice of intent to dismiss him from his faculty position at the University of Colorado, Boulder. My issuance of this notice now triggers a process that is governed by Regents Law, Article 5.C.1 and 2 and Regents Policy 5-I.http://www.colorado.edu/news/reports/churchill/distefano062606.html

sooner n houston
6/27/2006, 08:33 AM
Yep, good news there!

TUSooner
6/27/2006, 08:44 AM
It's good to see that not every blazing idiot can find sanctuary in academia.

OklahomaTuba
6/27/2006, 08:53 AM
It's good to see that not every blazing idiot can find sanctuary in academia.

Lawyer'n will prolly be his next stop. ;)

Howzit
6/27/2006, 09:01 AM
It's past time. His comments were inexcusable.

Hamhock
6/27/2006, 09:07 AM
It's past time. His comments were inexcusable.

What did he do?

p.s. I'm too lazy to Google and expect a complete, but concise summary posted here.

OklahomaTuba
6/27/2006, 09:14 AM
What did he do?

p.s. I'm too lazy to Google and expect a complete, but concise summary posted here.

did a quick search and this covers some of it, but not all.

On Sept. 12, 2001, however, Mr. Churchill performed an act of extraordinary crepitation, even for him. In "Some People Push Back: On the Justice of Roosting Chickens," he saluted the "gallant sacrifices" of the "combat teams" that struck the Pentagon and World Trade Center, asserting that the people who worked there ("braying . . . into their cell phones") and died that day deserved what they got.

Here's part of a key passage (full version available at darknightpress.org):

The [Pentagon] and those inside comprised military targets, pure and simple. As to those in the World Trade Center: Well, really. Let's get a grip here, shall we? True enough, they were civilians of a sort. But innocent? Gimme a break. They formed a technocratic corps at the very heart of America's global financial empire--the 'mighty engine of profit' to which the military dimension of U.S. policy has always been enslaved--and they did so both willingly and knowingly. If there was a better, more effective, or in fact any other way of visiting some penalty befitting their participation upon the little Eichmanns inhabiting the sterile sanctuary of the twin towers, I'd really be interested in hearing about it."
http://www.opinionjournal.com/taste/?id=110006217

http://www.satyamag.com/sat.site.images/churchill.jpg

Some of the left-leaning groups @ CU actually had rallies in support of this traitorous jackass. To them, he is a hero.

He also likes to pretend he is a native American from Oklahoma, and is also good at plagiarizing works of art (one peice he ripped off, the original sits in the Tulsa PAC) and books.

Scott D
6/27/2006, 09:38 AM
http://sargman.freehomepage.com/images/fishing1.gif

BoomerJack
6/27/2006, 10:55 AM
[QUOTE=Hamhock]What did he do?/QUOTE]

First of all, he wrote and published on the internet an essay in response or as a reaction to the Sept.11 attacks on the WTC and Pentagon. Here's a link to it along with subsequent comments, interviews and related articles.

http://www.kersplebedeb.com/mystuff/s11/churchill.html

I think it's safe to say that had he not written this essay, he would not have the notoriety he has today and his job/professorship at the University of Colorado not be in jeopardy.

NormanPride
6/27/2006, 10:59 AM
It sounds like he has mental problems.

JohnnyMack
6/27/2006, 11:12 AM
I think he was trying to humanize the 09/11 hijackers. His was an attempt to explain why the terrorists did what they did. Trying to get inside the minds of the people we view as terrorists that they view as warriors.

OklahomaTuba
6/27/2006, 01:12 PM
I think he was trying to humanize the 09/11 hijackers.

Humanizing the murderers by slandering the victims?

Good job of defending that asshat JM. That's a line I didn't think even you could cross.

JohnnyMack
6/27/2006, 01:19 PM
Tuba,

Why did the 09/11 fly planes into the WTC, Pentagon?

soonerscuba
6/27/2006, 01:29 PM
Tuba,

Oh, Oh... Because they hate freedom and Saddam, Kim Jong-Il and Amhadadurkadurka-aheejideen told them so! I believe Bill Clinton also funneled money from his underground ring of sweat shops and houses of prostitution to fund them. Somehow Howard Dean was also involved.

Back to the professor for a minute. Well, there are certainly more academic ways of saying the the American worker helps to oppress people in faraway places than to compare them to Nazis. He got what was coming to him.

OklahomaTuba
6/27/2006, 01:32 PM
Tuba,

Why does it matter to this discussion?

That idiot Churchill had no more intent to explain why 9/11 happened then he did to teach his students an unbiased view of history.

The only intention is taking an opportunity to spread his vile hatred for his country and the victims of 9/11. He's on par with Fred Phelps, and here you are defending this scum.

JohnnyMack
6/27/2006, 01:40 PM
Why does it matter to this discussion?

That idiot Churchill had no more intent to explain why 9/11 happened then he did to teach his students an unbiased view of history.

The only intention is taking an opportunity to spread his vile hatred for his country and the victims of 9/11. He's on par with Fred Phelps, and here you are defending this scum.

While I think Churchill crossed the line in what he said, I think his effort at bringing to light why it is these people hate us is important.

If you try and put yourself in the mind of these people, try and see the world as they see it, you can start to understand (I said understand, not empathize, condone or agree with) why they felt it necessary to do what they did.

09/11 wasn't the first strike anymore than Pearl Harbor was the first strike between us and Japan.

JohnnyMack
6/27/2006, 01:41 PM
Oh, Oh... Because they hate freedom and Saddam, Kim Jong-Il and Amhadadurkadurka-aheejideen told them so! I believe Bill Clinton also funneled money from his underground ring of sweat shops and houses of prostitution to fund them. Somehow Howard Dean was also involved.

Slow down, that's all covered in Chapter 6 of my upcoming book, "Hating America and Killing Kittens".

Scott D
6/27/2006, 01:44 PM
http://sargman.freehomepage.com/images/fishing1.gif

Octavian
6/27/2006, 01:44 PM

<insert ironic Anne Coulter quip>

Herr Scholz
6/27/2006, 01:48 PM
slandering the victims?

Maybe Ann Coulter should be fired from her job as well then, hmm?

BeetDigger
6/27/2006, 01:52 PM

I was working on a response, but that was a lot better of an explanation than I could come up with, especially the Howard Dean part.

OklahomaTuba
6/27/2006, 03:31 PM
Maybe Ann Coulter should be fired from her job as well then, hmm?

One would like to think that common sense could shine through the tin foil hat and you would know the difference between what this wacademic and Ann Coulter said.

Just in case though, I will simplify it for you.

You see, Ward Churchill is (was) a tax paid college professor who slandered the victims of 9/11 who and were not involved politically in 2004.

Ann Coulter slandered 4 woman who are alive and who volunteer to join a side in the political debate, opposing every effort to keep them safe.
Besides, what would Ann Coulter get fired from, writing books?

I know sometimes you require some "extra" assistance with these matter Herr, so I hope that helped water it down for you.

SoonerInKCMO
6/27/2006, 03:41 PM
I find myself agreeing with Tuba. I might need to lie down for a while. ;)

Anyway... I do believe it is important to get inside the mind of radical Islamic terrorists and try to understand why they hate us. Doing so is an important part of reducing terrrorism here and abroad. Churchill's comments not only did nothing to increase that understanding, they villified the victims and our country - he's getting what he deserves.

Herr Scholz
6/27/2006, 03:47 PM
One would like to think that common sense could shine through the tin foil hat and you would know the difference between what this wacademic and Ann Coulter said.
I do. I just knew you would jump at that one. Couldn't help myself. ;)

I still think Coulter's a yainch though and kind of scary. Eat some pizza. Something.

PhilTLL
6/27/2006, 05:16 PM
Everyone sssssllllloooooowwwww it down here. Ward Churchill is an idiot because of what he said about 9/11 and his lying about his genes, and remains so even without a job. Ward Churchill was fired because he committed serious academic misconduct.

I can envision this quickly degrading into "schools restricting freedom of speech" vs. "you're an un-American ******", so we should try to cut that off at the pass, as they say. He didn't get fired because of his idiot comments.

lefty
6/27/2006, 05:55 PM
Phil,

Good point. If you read the full cite provided by Tuba, it is made clear that his statements concerning 9/11 had nothing to do with his dismissal. University faculty do not take misconduct lightly. At the same time, they take academic freedom very seriously. Professor Churchill would not have been dismissed if his statements were the only problem. Nevertheless, his statements probably did have some degree of influence on the entire process.

1stTimeCaller
6/27/2006, 06:04 PM
even the fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut.

lefty
6/27/2006, 06:06 PM
Another good point. However, university faculty would not probably be where they are if they followed that advice.

Scott D
6/27/2006, 06:10 PM
even the fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut.

but would he still have been able to save Pittsburgh?